Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Nia

Doubt anyone remembers me

Hey everyone,

I guess I've been a member for quite a while! 7 years sure is long. I've matured a lot since I joined here and after a certain event happened (mods, message me). I made a few screenshot "fakes", dunno if they're still around. I kinda sucked at it and once insulted a guy for not getting that the whole point of the fake was me having a pie head. I was so hot headed. All of my friends have left this place. All the people I knew, talked to. I remember the cow queen incident, I remember beret's old fakes, I remember all the fun conversations we had in the 'Scape Lounge. Some drama, but more or less fun, a sense of community. When I left here, I tried RuneHQ, but it didn't feel as connected, it felt cold, but maybe it's because I wasn't there long enough. I still haven't spent too much time there.

So I'm just posting here again. I may lurk a little and post from time to time, but I am probably more or less retiring. Still wanted to check in for the 7th year though ;)

Peace <3

Hey welcome back. Do you still play?

Welcome! I'm the best faker on the forum now.

Incidentally, I'm the only faker on the forum now.

A dying art I guess then? I'll try to contribute if I can. Yes I still play, albeit a bit less often since I have college now :P

I recently got back into it on a whim. I stopped around when the whole runescape HD update happened. I really did not like the changes. I really missed the old look and stopped playing. But now that it's been a bit and I've gotten back into it, it really doesn't feel too different. I mean, sure the graphics updated, but now it's more customisable, there are more skills, quests, conveniences and challenges. If you really look back on it, we're just longing for an age gone by. Oldschool graphics don't change the game, it's how well we adapt to change.

Yes, HD was certainly the catalyst for faking's deterioration. All those transparent interfaces and things such as hitsplats, coupled with Jagex's tendency to change formats as unnecessarily as Youtube does, it was only sensible that people would back away from the difficulty.

Yeah it's true. Also you can't make fakes in mspaint anymore, so I think the quality will be better :P

Over the past month or so I have been working on a (lame) fake when I'm extremely bored, it will probably be done some time in March, get excited guys!!!

Woo

Nah just kidding, keep up the good work :)

Welcome! I'm the best faker on the forum now.

Incidentally, I'm the only faker on the forum now.

:beret:

You're not making a comeback are you Beret? Because I would be 100% in support of you making fakes again.

Edited by Nia

You're not making a comeback are you Beret? Because I would be 100% in support of you making fakes again.

And I 100% support your support. beret2016 wat

who the hell are you?

I really have NO ide

Case in point :P