Sal's RuneScape Forum
APPAdriean

Are men with long hair mentally unstable?

I think you can tell how crazy a person is by the cleanliness of their hair, not the length.

I think you can tell how crazy a person is by the cleanliness of their hair, not the length.

That's more like laziness.

Well it would definitely explain why most women are so mentally unstable!

(DOWNVOTES INCOMING - WHERE'S MY PROTECTIVE HELMET?!?)

But yeah on a more serious note when it comes to men I think long hair gives more of a rebel/cool feel, and often (not always) when men have long hair it's because they identify themselves with the rebel image or just associate having long hair with being cool. My younger brother had a long hair phase, and it definitely coincided with his rebel-fudge-the-police-I'm-a-strong-independente-individual attitude phase, but truth be told he still sort of has that attitude despite having short hair now but it's much better than before. In his own words he realised having long hair was more trouble than it was worth, and I guess now that he's a little older he also realised being cool is more than having a rebel look.

So yeah I don't think it has anything to do with mental stability, it's more of a personal preference and associations thing.

I think it highly depends. I see a lot of people walking around at my university with long hair who definitely aren't rebels or cool (to be fair this is the nerd part of the university). And then there's me, but I just really hate getting haircuts :P

Edited by reepicheep

That's more like laziness.

When they go out in public and haven't washed their hair in a long time, that's a red flag. I knew this girl that hadn't taken a shower for years. Her hair was crazy greasy and her body smelled like bad breath all over. She was undoubtedly crazy.

There was a kid in my 5th grade class named Jim, who had long hair and freckles. He flipped a desk over and ran to sit in the corner, making grunting noises for the rest of class. The teacher let him stay there. So, according to my 5th grade self...

They're f****** insane.

It depends on what qualifies as long hair (more than a few centimetres? below the ears? below the chin? below the shoulders?) and what you regard as mentally stable. Neither of these factors have automatic, precise scales of measurement. Hair length is also dependent on hair texture, since some people have hair that grows up instead of growing down, curled up and kinky in a puff.

I'm also interested in your choice of gender for this assertion, since hair length and gender correlation is a cultural construct. What do you mean by a man? Shouldn't most men be comfortable enough in their gender expression to have whatever length hair they desire? I strongly suggest men learn how to take care of long hair, preferably growing it on their own heads. Daughters, nieces, and other dependents will appreciate male guardians who can take care of their long hair.

I have longish hair, below my ears, but not much more. I have had this style since I was in the sixth grade. I can't find a good style that I like that is short. That is the sole reason my hair is long.

I am not mentally unstable.

Source: me

As much as it's possible that men with long hair are more of an alternative type, it's more likely that having long hair and being mentally unstable is a statistic coïncidence, if not completely random. I'm a man, I tie my relatively long hair in a knot on the back of my head, and do like to think of myself as mentally stable. :)

As much as it's possible that men with long hair are more of an alternative type, it's more likely that having long hair and being mentally unstable is a statistic coïncidence, if not completely random. I'm a man, I tie my relatively long hair in a knot on the back of my head, and do like to think of myself as mentally stable. :)

YW2DV2q.png

4VrDTBM.png

XgFj04N.png

I have longish hair, below my ears, but not much more. I have had this style since I was in the sixth grade. I can't find a good style that I like that is short. That is the sole reason my hair is long.

I am not mentally unstable.

Source: me

I have had this style since I was in the sixth grade.

I have had this style since I was in the sixth grade.

but if i cut my hair short i wont look homeless

how am i supposed to beg for cash then

Might be other way around. Unstable men might get completely lost and not tend themselves, resulting in longer hair (and long nails, beard, dirty cloths etc...)

I can't speak for a head of hair, but I do know that beards make men more awesome. Perhaps there is some correlation?

BeardHeader.jpg

We shouldn't be sexist about this matter, If we're going to talk about mentally unhinged, many women have long hair too! :cute: