Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Majento

RS3 Pking in One of a Kind Quest 400m+ loot PK Video [4:35]

Hi, my name is Majento and I create RS3 pking videos. Please check them out if you like!

Here's my latest:

Maj

Edited by Majento

sixth age penguin killers are at it again. Go pick on someone that can fight back.

That said, having the quest dump you in that place in deep wildy is one of the most idiotic things Jagex has ever done.

Having to run to the Forinthry dungeon to find a green dragon? Fair enough, everyone knows that place is dangerous and can go in prepared.

Being abruptly whisked to deep wilderness after a fade-out from a cutscene, literally 2 steps away from the quest dungeon entrance and unable to go in while under attack? Devs, what were you smoking? How did you not expect this to happen, and add a 10 second immunity upon teleport, or teleport the player straight into the dungeon rather than 2 steps away?

It's a good thing I looked at a guide and saw this coming. I went in with royal dhide and a hand cannon, with sweetcorn as food. Didn't need a single piece of food because of how badly programmed the quest fight is. The meleer starts out trapped behind the mage, and after you kill the mage he walks to you and gets trapped behind Hannibus, never touching you. Seriously, there are so many things wrong with this part of the quest.

sixth age penguin killers are at it again. Go pick on someone that can fight back.

Haha but we do! Every warbands! Just a shame the wilderness is dead between them so we have to find other people to kill... sometimes Penguin hunters :)

Edited by Majento

Haha but we do! Every warbands! Just a shame the wilderness is dead between them so we have to find other people to kill... sometimes Penguin hunters :)

Warbands have war in the name for a reason. Penguins don't. There's no achievement in killing ungeared players who have no interest in getting in a fight. You're just being a dick and wasting people's time.

I blame Jagex for this quest massacre though. It was bound to happen because of the devs' lack of foresight.

Warbands have war in the name for a reason. Penguins don't. There's no achievement in killing ungeared players who have no interest in getting in a fight. You're just being a dick and wasting people's time.

Penguins do sometimes have gear. Most 1 item, but sometimes they forget to protect item, so you have a small chance that you can get potentially bank loot. I got a drygore long from a penguin hunter before, so it can happen. There is always a reason to kill someone in the wilderness.

I could not agree with Leaf more. He put it better than I was going to put it. I remember once there was this quest in 2005 or so when the player had to go into the wilderness (with no gear necessary). It was changed because Jagex learned it was a mistake. Now they make a grandmaster quest where you have to bring decent gear and leave you stuck in the wilderness so some person can kill you and post a gloat video on Sal's Realm?

As a player who once played mainly for player vs player, I realize Jagex wants to give people a reason to go into the wilderness, but I think every poster here can agree this was not the way to do it. For one, let people fully know what they are getting into before doing this. Second, make going into the wilderness optional with decent (yet inferior) alternatives. I got lucky; the binding spell cast on me also failed and I got out losing 250 hp. I also intentionally bought only ~2m worth of gear because in the guide I wanted to show you don't need excellent material to beat the bosses. If I died it wouldn't have mattered. Not everyone was lucky it seems.

With this being said, I do not blame anybody for taking advantage of Jagex's sub-80 IQ move.

Edited by Sobend