Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ambo100

My Professor Laytonesque Puzzle

Professor Layton is a puzzle adventure game series for the Nintendo DS and Nintendo 3DS developed by Level-5.

Unlike the real game, there are no hint coins to guide you and no picarats to earn. I do however feel obliged to give the first correct answer an upvote Prize Update!

The first person to get the correct answer will recieve a poorly Photoshoped version of their avatar with a Professor Layton Hat!

The first person to reply this topic will recieve a crudeley Photoshoped version of their avatar with a Luke Triton hat!

Do not submit your answer without giving a reason for your choice. Even if you give the correct answer, your post will be ignored because it's too easy to guess.

Please don't be hatin' on my amazing collage skills. :cool:

Puzzle #001

Sal moves into a newly built housing estate.

He immediately decides he doesn’t like his garden so he designs a new garden.

Since he changed the garden he no longer receives mail and friends and family cannot find where he lives.

Which house does Sal live in: A, B, C or D?

Y8yQrdTl.jpg?1

Edited by Ambo100

D... because it looks like something Sal would like.

D... because it looks like something Sal would like.

Consider this statement:

Since he changed the garden he no longer receives mail and friends and family cannot find where he lives.

Oh, BTW. You won the Luke Triton hat for having the first reply. Enjoy your overly plump noggin defender.

bLnuI7V.gif

Edited by Ambo100

I think that his friends can't find him because he just moved to the housing estate. So the real question is why can't he get his mail. However, none of these houses have letterboxes so none of them will receive mail.

But if I had to choose I'd go for C because there is no path to the door for the postman.

D for sure as Sals is old and still relies on wells for his water.

I say he cant be found or recieve mail because -

He was forced to move to shed E on the allotments after the local housing committee had him evicted for breaking the street building & yard covenant + failing to consult with either them or the Council before proceeding with major construction work.

I think that his friends can't find him because he just moved to the housing estate. So the real question is why can't he get his mail. However, none of these houses have letterboxes so none of them will receive mail.

His family and friends could find him at his new home before he redesigned the garden. The mail still gets delieved to the other three houses that didn't change their garden.

But if I had to choose I'd go for C because there is no path to the door for the postman.

I suppose my illustrations are a tad misleading, I'll admit. The green pencilled-in area is just lawn, do you notice any patterns?

D for sure as Sals is old and still relies on wells for his water.

Looking at just the individual elements of the garden themselves won't get you anywhere I'm afraid. Nice try.

I say he cant be found or recieve mail because -

He was forced to move to shed E on the allotments after the local housing committee had him evicted for breaking the street building & yard covenant + failing to consult with either them or the Council before proceeding with major construction work.

It's not a trick question, It's still either A, B, C or D but I like that creative answer. :ice:

Sal lives in house A. The gardens for B, C and D contain the shape of a 7, 8 and 9 respectively, but since he redesigned his garden it's not in any sort of numerical shape. Thus his house isn't numbered and people won't be able to find him by his address.

Edited by reepicheep

Sal lives in house A. The gardens for B, C and D contain the shape of a 7, 8 and 9 respectively, but since he redesigned his garden it's not in any sort of numerical shape. Thus his house isn't numbered and people won't be able to find him by his address.

Correct! Sal lives at No. 6 Upstream Road (House A)

wlqtBAh.png

Your poorly Photoshoped Layton hat, as promised:

r8lFFGN.png

Edited by Ambo100

Correct! Sal lives at No. 6 Upstream Road (House A)

wlqtBAh.png

Your poorly Photoshoped Layton hat, as promised:

r8lFFGN.png

I can run with that. This was cool. I'd totally be interested in more of these if you can think of them!

I can run with that. This was cool. I'd totally be interested in more of these if you can think of them!

It was just something I came up with at work when I noticed the top half of the front garden looked a bit like an 8 (which was also the house number)

It probably would have been better if I had drawn grass instead of the lamp for house B.

It was just something I came up with at work when I noticed the top half of the front garden looked a bit like an 8 (which was also the house number)

It probably would have been better if I had drawn grass instead of the lamp for house B.

My only problem was that the colour of the grass looked really blue, so I wasn't sure whether it was grass :P