Sal's RuneScape Forum
Young Leo

Game of Thrones (SHOW SPOILERS UNMARKED)

Oh my god his screams really made that scene. I doubt the imp is going to die, he's easily the most liked (imo) Lannister. I also really like Jamie's character a lot.

For any NBA watchers:

Some guy posted this on the RS subreddit:

tumblr_n6nbh2I5gP1tszecoo1_1280.png

EDIT: also came across this

Edited by Leo Crimson

Book spoilers:

It just occurred to me that they're probably going to replace Val with Tormund as the envoy to bring the wildlings to the Night's Watch's cause. That could play out well.

HOLY fudge THAT SCYTHE WAS EPIC AND OMYYYYYY GIANTS RIDING MAMMOTHS WATTTTT

Awesome episode all around, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Snow/Ygritte scene was incredibly sad, and so was Grenn's death but dayum what an epic way to be killed off - Giant slayer. The part where they were reciting their vows gave me chills.

I love how the kid is all like "np bro I got your back"

I can't feel sad for Ygritte's death, nice doggy! killed Pip. :(

Grenn's death wins the most epic and sad death of the episode award hands down. I kinda forgot about him til the part Snow and Sam enter the tunnel, I was all like "shizzle Grenn hasn't showed up yet and the tunnel is too quiet, fudgeing hell he must have died or is about is to die :/"

My Dad seems to think that the box that Tywin was smuggled off in held someone else in the beginning of the series. I don't remember it. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

The fight with Brean(I hope I spelled that right) and Dog was brutal. I didn't expect Arya to let him bleed out. That surprised me. A lot. I thought she'd pity him and end him.

Last week I called it on Jaime letting Tywin go. Tywin and Jaime are my two favorite characters.

Definitely the best season finale so far. They left out the epilogue of Book 3 but that can be easily tagged on in the beginning of S5.

My Dad seems to think that the box that Tywin was smuggled off in held someone else in the beginning of the series. I don't remember it. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

(A little confusing, but when you say Tywin I assume you mean Tyrion.)

Your dad is right afaik show-wise; in S2 Varys told Tyrion the story of how he became a eunuch and with enough patience he was able to track down the man responsible and had him in that box in King's Landing.

Edited by Leo Crimson

Definitely the best season finale so far. They left out the epilogue of Book 3 but that can be easily tagged on in the beginning of S5.

(A little confusing, but when you say Tywin I assume you mean Tyrion.)

Your dad is right afaik show-wise; in S2 Varys told Tyrion the story of how he became a eunuch and with enough patience he was able to track down the man responsible and had him in that box in King's Landing.

Yeah, that's what I meant. Sorry, I'm tired. Had a long weekend. Confused names.

Oh shizzle what a finale, bravo. Didn't want the Hound to die, but ah well it was a great fight scene to send him off. Shae surprised me as well, didn't think she would do such a thing. Guess she was just a whore after all.

Winter is coming, and so too is the long wait for season 5 :(

Oh shizzle what a finale, bravo. Didn't want the Hound to die, but ah well it was a great fight scene to send him off. Shae surprised me as well, didn't think she would do such a thing. Guess she was just a whore after all.

Are you kidding me? The last scene is so boring that it immediately ruined the whole episode.. Why didn't they just use the epilogue of the book...

Are you kidding me? The last scene is so boring that it immediately ruined the whole episode.. Why didn't they just use the epilogue of the book...

Because the TV series is an adaptation. I saw a bunch of people upset that some chick wasn't inroduced last night, but then someone, who also read the books, pointed out that because it's an adaptation, they obviously didn't introduce her for a reason. I haven't read the books, so I actually liked the end scene. I had completely forgotten about the coin, but my Dad said that they reminded us about the coin at the beginning of the episode. I guess I just wasn't paying enough attention.

Because the TV series is an adaptation. I saw a bunch of people upset that some chick wasn't inroduced last night, but then someone, who also read the books, pointed out that because it's an adaptation, they obviously didn't introduce her for a reason. I haven't read the books, so I actually liked the end scene. I had completely forgotten about the coin, but my Dad said that they reminded us about the coin at the beginning of the episode. I guess I just wasn't paying enough attention.

Didn't see the coin either..

But the ending was so... 'meh'.. No shock, no clifhanger.. It would have even been better if they swapped the last two scenes :huh:

They killed Jojen Reed. Why would they do that? Why? First Pyp and Grenn and now Jojen. As if the author wasn't killing enough characters as it is, the show then decides to kill off a few more for good measure.

Edited by Phoenix Rider

They killed Jojen Reed. Why would they do that? Why? First Pyp and Grenn and now Jojen. As if the author wasn't killing enough characters as it is, the show then decides to kill off a few more for good measure.

Sorry for asking, but who was Jojen Reed?

Sorry for asking, but who was Jojen Reed?

The guy with Bran who reminds me of Link.

Edited by Phoenix Rider

Because he dies in the books in a way that leaves you wondering if he's dead or just disappeared, so they need a way to actually show he's dead so the show watchers don't get confused when he disappears.

I have been given the power and authority to bring this topic back from the dead.

So, who's watched Hardhome and thought it was the greatest episode of the season if not ever?

It wasn't the best ever in my opinion, I prefer the The Battle of the Blackwater ("Blackwater" I think is the episode's name), The Red Wedding ("The Rains of Castamere") and the siege of the Wall ("The Watchers on the Wall"). Probably more I just can't think of right now, but it was definitely the best episode of the season.

If I'm honest I've been finding the current season somewhat boring, maybe boring isn't the right word because it's still great, just not as interesting as what I'm used to I guess. That was probably the only truly outstanding episode.

It was an incredibly frustrating episode. The ending pissed me off so much with the stupid White Walker reviving the dead and acting all badass. I was seriously rooting for Jon Snow to pull a kamikaze and sacrifice himself just to kill the fking arrogant walker. I could live with his death as long as I could watch he punch the smugness out of the walker's face.

Plus something I never throught would happen - I actually want Cersei to get free and torture & kill that damn annoying woman and the High Sparrow. For once I can sympathise with her.

It wasn't the best ever in my opinion, I prefer the The Battle of the Blackwater ("Blackwater" I think is the episode's name), The Red Wedding ("The Rains of Castamere") and the siege of the Wall ("The Watchers on the Wall"). Probably more I just can't think of right now, but it was definitely the best episode of the season.

If I'm honest I've been finding the current season somewhat boring, maybe boring isn't the right word because it's still great, just not as interesting as what I'm used to I guess. That was probably the only truly outstanding episode.

It was an incredibly frustrating episode. The ending pissed me off so much with the stupid White Walker reviving the dead and acting all badass. I was seriously rooting for Jon Snow to pull a kamikaze and sacrifice himself just to kill the fking arrogant walker. I could live with his death as long as I could watch he punch the smugness out of the walker's face.

Plus something I never throught would happen - I actually want Cersei to get free and torture & kill that damn annoying woman and the High Sparrow. For once I can sympathise with her.

Sorta disagree. I feel that this season has really seen a lot of the build up from the last seasons come to fruition. What I like about GoT is that it's a slow burn and doesn't waste all the momentum by mid-season. Plus, it never fails to impress with an awesome finale.

Of course he was gonna do that. It would have been a missed opportunity if he didn't :P

Cersei's getting what she deserves. What I'm really sick off right now is the Ramsay storyline. He used to be really scary but by now, I just want him over and done with to progress the plot. The fire in Sansa's eyes after she heard about Bran should be an indication of something about to happen with that soon. I like how she's now longer that whiny girl from Season 1. She reminds me of her other somewhat with that look of hers. I just hope Theon steps up too cause his whole plot line is just pathetic at the moment.

I just need to re-emphasise how awesome the last 20 minutes was BTW. Those zombies/undead/whatever where terrifying and dangerous. MAN, they could run. It reminded of those from 28 Days Later.

Sorta disagree. I feel that this season has really seen a lot of the build up from the last seasons come to fruition. What I like about GoT is that it's a slow burn and doesn't waste all the momentum by mid-season. Plus, it never fails to impress with an awesome finale.

Of course he was gonna do that. It would have been a missed opportunity if he didn't :P

Cersei's getting what she deserves. What I'm really sick off right now is the Ramsay storyline. He used to be really scary but by now, I just want him over and done with to progress the plot. The fire in Sansa's eyes after she heard about Bran should be an indication of something about to happen with that soon. I like how she's now longer that whiny girl from Season 1. She reminds me of her other somewhat with that look of hers. I just hope Theon steps up too cause his whole plot line is just pathetic at the moment.

I just need to re-emphasise how awesome the last 20 minutes was BTW. Those zombies/undead/whatever where terrifying and dangerous. MAN, they could run. It reminded of those from 28 Days Later.

I'm a little disappointed with how they're portraying the Others and the undead, but that's just part of the TV show keeping it exciting for viewers I guess. Definitely can't wait for the next episode though

I'm a little disappointed with how they're portraying the Others and the undead, but that's just part of the TV show keeping it exciting for viewers I guess. Definitely can't wait for the next episode though

Oh, they're definitely diverting from the book. I'm not complaining though. They know where they need to go (Martn told the producers how it ends) and the product is kinda awesome. ;)