Sal's RuneScape Forum
Young Leo

Game of Thrones (SHOW SPOILERS UNMARKED)

Once again, the greatest military commander in Westeros is shown to be useless at military organisation.

That's hardly fair, the man was an emotional wreck at that point. Killed his own daughter, half of his army deserted, his wife hung herself and the red nice doggy! abandoned him. You could see he had given up.

Well that episode was a train wreck from the beginning to the end. I mean damn it lots of cliffhangers and such which is what the viewers want I guess, but Stannis and Jon Snow dead the same episode? Are you kidding me? :cry:

If Tyrion dies I'm done with this damn show.

We don't know that Stannis is dead though.

My policy for all deaths in cinema or television is that you can't call a death unless you see the body.

Oh and they're so gonna bring back Jon Snow from the dead, What was the point of having Ms. Hot Topic General Manager herself go to The Wall and having Shireen burned if they're not gonna do that whole 'Red God brining resurrecting people' deal. If they're going Boba Fett on Snow, we all might as well go #TeamWhiteWalkers and be done with it.

I'm usually a Faith of the Seven type of guy but yeah, go get em Red Lady.

tumblr_n6nkawW3hV1s2pa95o1_500.gif

Edit - And yeah, i believe that Martin himself said awhile ago that who Jon's parents are plays a great importance to the series's long term plot. If he just goes now then all we'll have is knowing who were the dead parents to this one dead dead. I mean, WTF?

We need a new policy on spoilers. Or we could keep it as it is and be that one funny thread where everything is written in spoiler tags. I'm good either way. :P

How about every time we quote someone we just use one spoiler for the quote thread? Example:

Once again, the greatest military commander in Westeros is shown to be useless at military organisation.

That's hardly fair, the man was an emotional wreck at that point. Killed his own daughter, half of his army deserted, his wife hung herself and the red nice doggy! abandoned him. You could see he had given up.

Well that episode was a train wreck from the beginning to the end. I mean damn it lots of cliffhangers and such which is what the viewers want I guess, but Stannis and Jon Snow dead the same episode? Are you kidding me? :cry:

If Tyrion dies I'm done with this damn show.

We don't know that Stannis is dead though.

My policy for all deaths in cinema or television is that you can't call a death unless you see the body.

Oh and they're so gonna bring back Jon Snow from the dead, What was the point of having Ms. Hot Topic General Manager herself go to The Wall and having Shireen burned if they're not gonna do that whole 'Red God brining resurrecting people' deal. If they're going Boba Fett on Snow, we all might as well go #TeamWhiteWalkers and be done with it.

I'm usually a Faith of the Seven type of guy but yeah, go get em Red Lady.

tumblr_n6nkawW3hV1s2pa95o1_500.gif

Edit - And yeah, i believe that Martin himself said awhile ago that who Jon's parents are plays a great importance to the series's long term plot. If he just goes now then all we'll have is knowing who were the dead parents to this one dead dead. I mean, WTF?

We need a new policy on spoilers. Or we could keep it as it is and be that one funny thread where everything is written in spoiler tags. I'm good either way. :P

Would just require a little editing from the poster before they post.

Edited by Kemosabe

all in all I found it to be a bloody boring episode

mainly because it was very predictable

Stannis got what was coming for him, no one follows a bat shizzle crazy nutter for long

John Snow should have been kept outside the wall for logical reasons together with his wildlings, no better time for mutiny then when the master is gone for a long period and didn't they xant to keep those wildlings out?

arya learned her lesson and paid the price for not listening, has been in the making for ages

mereen will be interesting, finally some political discussion on a serious level again?

The queen mother and the inquisition, damn good scene. This is how you show a person finally breaking

Dorne: this plot sucks more than a bad good kitty!

all in all much meh this season

too much easy gratification and not enough character depth

Edited by Egghebrecht

I agree on the spoiler thing haha. Just add in the title post that every subsequent post runs the risk of a spoiler and to be careful since this thread will be dark and full of spoilers.

I feel horrible for Jaime. :(

My biggest thing to hope for with that scene, though, is that Doran saw this coming and gave Trystane an antidote.

I mean, I think it would be really stupid for Doran to send his (only?) child on board a ship with Lannisters with the intent of killing Myrcella. Obviously, won't Jaime and Bronn just kill Trystane as retribution? Therefore, I hope that Doran expected some sort of shenanigans and gave his son an antidote in case some sort of poison came into play.

I don't see why Doran would effectively sacrifice his son. Unless, of course, he wasn't in on it.

Edited by Chaoss

WHAT A GREAT EPISODE!!!!!

HUURRRAAY FOR PREDICTABILITY ANS CLASSIC FANTASY/WESTERN TROPES!!!!

hurraaaa!

even the cavalry arrived just in time to save all the characters with text!

great directing!

I thought the battle had been one of the best I've seen on a TV Series or a movie. I particularly liked the part he's on foot and the horses are clashing all over the place around him. I thought it was really well done and incredible to watch.

Let's be honest here, from the moment Sansa sent that letter we all knew the Starks would get a beating and they'd end up saved by the Knights of the Vale. It was super obvious. I like how it happened, they had a badass entrance and Ramsay's face was glorious to witness.

What even to say about the last episode? The explosion was brutal, the suicide was expected. The new King in the North was also expected, just happy it went so smoothly. Trouble coming ahead with Sansa, it's super obvious. It's been announced since season one when she lost her wolf. When that happens it mean something is going to happen to the Stark in question or that they no longer qualify as a Stark. In Brandon's case it's because he became the three eyed raven. In Sansa's case it's because she'll turn out a traitor and end up doing something dumb. Just wait.

Good to see the Onion Knight being with Jon Snow now, together with Tormund they make one hell of a trio.

Edited by Micael Fatia

HUURRRAAY FOR PREDICTABILITY ANS CLASSIC FANTASY/WESTERN TROPES!!!!

hurraaaa!

even the cavalry arrived just in time to save all the characters with text!

great directing!

C'mon we're all allowed to feel good sometimes. ;)

Theories for the next season?

Bran will bring down the wall, once he passes through, the night king will we able to as well.

Euron Greyjoy may side with the Lannister's at this point.

Daenerys will bring the fight to Kings Landing, the Lannister army will slowly lose. Cersei will use more wildfire and threaten to blow up everything. Jaime might kill Cersei at this point is my theory. Either this or perhaps Jaime would die and Daenerys would flee north after the threat of wildfire. Encountering King Snow, she will test and see what side they fight on then ask for help to claim Kings Landing, however King Snow and his band of merry men will be out and about fighting the walkers.

Arya may or may not return to Winterfell. I think she'll end up meeting Sandor Clegane again soon and might just align herself with him for a time.

I'm not sure what will happen with Samwell and the rest of the Tarly's. I know they were aligned with the Tyrells but served the lannisters...So whether their story is kept or what happens to them I'm not really sure. I'd like to know if they'll ever meet Sam again and under what circumstances.

Theories I agree with you in regards to Jaime Lannister, he will for sure kill Cersei and possibly end up getting killed in the process, but Tyrion will undoubtely be involved somehow, so I agree with your theory about Daenery's laying siege to King's Landing.

Euron will definitely side with the Lannisters, while Petyr will most likely switch sides again and support the Lannisters with the help of the Knights of the Vale. Doubt even with the death of the the main Frey's their house will lose control over the Riverlands, most likely the Lannisters will step in and take over the remnants somehow, or even the Knights of the Vale (Because Robert Arryn is a Tully from his mother's part).

In the end Daenerys will take the South and end up having to go North where Snow & Co will be busy fighting the White Walkers, and once again Jon will get his ass saved.

I have a feeling Daenerys will take the "three heads of the dragons" a bit too seriously and end up spliting the seven kingdoms into three major ones - She'll keep King's Landing, the Stormlands, Dorne and the Vale; The Lannister and Tyrell lands, Iron Islands and perhaps the Riverlands will form another major Kingdom of the trio and the North + Lands beyond the wall form the new north.

I just can't wait when everybody figure out that Jon Snow is true Targaryen... Pretty sure that after that the whole show plot might change

On 8/16/2017 at 3:12 AM, CIN_47 said:

I just can't wait when everybody figure out that Jon Snow is true Targaryen... Pretty sure that after that the whole show plot might change

The problem is that there's literally no way to prove it, and even if they did (i.e. that Maester record Sam found) no one would care either - the Lannisters certainly won't give up anyways and Daenerys might be skeptical at best.

In any case I think the series is going to end with a costly victory over the Others/White Walkers and the Seven Kingdoms agree to split back up into Seven Kingdoms. It's clear that GOT is full-on fantasy in the endgame now and the political aspects are being left behind. The drop in writing quality was really obvious this season now that Benioff and Weiss don't have the books to draw directly from anymore, and we'll probably see more of the same in Season 8.