Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
liamx123

Has my character been deleted?

Question

Hey all, i havent played runescape since the evolution of combat update first came into play a few years back. Today i decided i would try the game out again see whats changed. When i logged into my account my character had completely gone, as if it had been deleted. It asked me to create my character from scratch.

My old character had x4 99 skills in combat and over 60m in gold. Surely jagex would not delete it? When i logged in my character had a different name i dont remember creating.

I have proof of payment of subscription for the character with the name X-Jilson-X which was my character. I hacve sent 2 tickets + an email to Jagex today.

I found him on the runescape website and his overall exp is about 8m which sounds about right i suppose but he doesnt appear on any highscores even though he had x4 99, and i think like 94 fishing...cant remember. Any ideas on what happened to him?

Any response is very appreciated.

Thanks, Liam.

9 answers to this question

My character name is Honeybee67. My son and I wanted to get my hubby to play too; so I created a character for him on my PC. His name is/was Gootsywoo. My son was playing Gootsywoo on his PC to get him going. When I came back to play Honeybee67, I couldn't log on; it was like it was deleted or something. I requested a new password because I didn't know any other way to communicate. I was denied! WHAT? So I went through the rigmarole again and in the message space I requested my $$ back, since I paid for a full year in December 2016. I got a 'request' for password change for the new Character, Gootsywoo instead of for Honeybee67. I don't need a new password for Gootsywoo! (which, by the way, was made a member too). I WANT my character Honeybee67 back! I'm combat lvl 106, loving Menephos and working on prayer skill using zoger bones and ectophile. HOW can I get Honeybee67 back?

Confusing story, but Jagex does not delete accounts. They do delete usernames on inactive accounts from time to time though. Or maybe your account was hijacked and your account banned. What was the message you received after you tried to log onto your old account?

If your character had 4 skills with 99 in them he would have much more than 8m xp, considering 1x 99 = 13m xp.

Since the reintroduction of F2P hiscores, your name will only come up if you have logged in since they came back (a week ago I believe). Therefore since you haven't logged into your character yet, he wouldn't appear on the hiscores.

When I went to add 'X-Jilson-X' it added your character fine, so the name hasn't been changed. What do you mean it asked you to create a character from scratch? Could've just been a tutorial.

well when i log into that account he was on, the name is different. no longer x-jilson-x is like its a different character at level 1. Like my character has been transferred to a different email address and password. The game wanted me to change my characters appearance and style when i logged on. and the account has no purchase history what so ever or any history of playing the game at all. In fact when i logged in i needed to confirm my email address and i got an email saying welcome to runescape...as if ive never played?

well when i log into that account he was on, the name is different. no longer x-jilson-x is like its a different character at level 1. Like my character has been transferred to a different email address and password. The game wanted me to change my characters appearance and style when i logged on. and the account has no purchase history what so ever or any history of playing the game at all. In fact when i logged in i needed to confirm my email address and i got an email saying welcome to runescape...as if ive never played?

Well, just go through the intro stuff and see if your stats remain.

There were updates a while ago, and people who haven't been on since then are treated as if they were new.

Fortunately, you should keep all your stats and items.

never mind sorted mate, what happened was that i forgot that my in game display name and my USERNAME are different, and for some reason ym email address has two accounts liked to it. So when i tried signing in with my correct email it would take me into my other character, but when i eventually remembered my original username i could recover my password and regain access. wow everything has changed. I feel like a complete newby 45million exp and i barely know how to move around ...ughhh.

75m*

Hahah i was going to suggest just that....some people have to use their username instead of email in the login screen due to the way jagex used to run their login system, it is now email based, but anyone that made an account prior to the change must use their login name...

Welcome back to the game, there is a bit to learn if you have been gone for a few years. It is intimidating at first but once you get used to it you will enjoy it like the old days if not more. Feel free to come in the clan chat in game and if you need any help with where anything is feel free to ask :)

My character name is Honeybee67. My son and I wanted to get my hubby to play too; so I created a character for him on my PC. His name is/was Gootsywoo. My son was playing Gootsywoo on his PC to get him going. When I came back to play Honeybee67, I couldn't log on; it was like it was deleted or something. I requested a new password because I didn't know any other way to communicate. I was denied! WHAT? So I went through the rigmarole again and in the message space I requested my $$ back, since I paid for a full year in December 2016. I got a 'request' for password change for the new Character, Gootsywoo instead of for Honeybee67. I don't need a new password for Gootsywoo! (which, by the way, was made a member too). I WANT my character Honeybee67 back! I'm combat lvl 106, loving Menephos and working on prayer skill using zoger bones and ectophile. HOW can I get Honeybee67 back?

Yeah this morning i was going to get on my character Pishill and it was like it was completely gone from the game