Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Micael Fatia

Game suggestions

I no longer play RuneScape + I've had a lot more free time lately than usual = very bored Micael

Basically I've looking for one or more fun Steam games to keep me busy and entertained during my free times. I don't own many Steam games so feel free to suggest any games you feel are must have or that you have enjoyed a lot and think I may like. I own Civ V, EUIII and IV, Skyrim, Oblivion and FFVIII and that's it. I'm a big fan of strategy (turn based or RTS I like both) and RPGs, but I have nothing against other game genres so again feel free to suggest anything you'd like.

Having achievements + badges etc is always a plus, because it will give me something to do after I complete the games.

So yeah... I thought about getting the Game of Thrones Genesis strategy game, but after reading the reviews it doesn't seem like a very good idea. The most recent C&C also has horrible reviews so I'm not sure I want to buy that one.

C&Cs 3 Tiberium Wars and Red Alert 3 are both amazing games, but I already own both (PC non-steam and PS3 respectivelly), so I'd only consider getting them on steam if they had fun achievements and stuff to so, but even so I'm sure I'd get bored quickly.

And... yeah I have no other ideas and that's why I'm here.

halp pls

• Fallout 3 + Fallout New Vegas(get the game of the year editions) - In my opinion, they are two of the best games EVER(and they're dirt cheap nowadays)!! It's like Skyrim, but better(post apocalypse, with guns and stuff)
  • Football Manager 2014 - love that game. Makes me feel like a true manager and the scouting system is very very accurate.
  • Portal 1 and 2 - fun logic based games, can get a bit repetitive after a while though.
  • Team Fortress 2 - cos its free
  • Minecraft - if you like survival building
  • Payday 2 - very fun fps bank heist game
  • Fifa 14 - would recommend only on next gen consoles because it runs a lot better on them and the game engine feels more realistic.
  • Wolfenstein - Very good rental game
  • GTA V - Best GTA to date
  • Day Z - Zombie survival game, quite fun with friends
  • Rust - Survival game
  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - simple fps game
  • Bioshock series
  • Assassin Creeds 1,2 and brotherhood(forget the rest, they're crap)

I'll add more to the list if I remember some more good games.

Also, Assassins Creed, Bioshock and Wolfenstein are more towards the rent market

Thanks Tubby, FM has a 75% special promotion I think I'm going to definitely buy that one. And maybe some other with the 30 eur I'm gonna save. Pretty good suggestions thank you, Fallout sounds very interesting...

Cheers

I'll second Fallout 3/New Vegas.

Also, Mass Effect 1-3 are, in my opinion, some of the best RPGs of this decade. Dragon Age 1 and 2 are also very excellent (though the second is disliked by many for the story, which is fair enough, but I still loved it - found it more accessible than DA1 as well). Actually, any Bioware RPGs is great :P I recently replayed Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, which, though old, still holds up well, and the same holds for the sequel.

I also agree with the Bioshock series, though Bioshock 2 is fairly skippable (I enjoyed it but it's not really vital to the series at all).

Another one is Dishonored, which is probably one of the funnest stealth games I've ever played. I've probably played through the whole game 4 times (including both DLCs).

From my Steam list:

FF VII: One of the best RPGs of its generation.

DOTA 2: Should appeal to the C&C/RA3 part of you, in a way.

Bioshock trilogy: Because it is simply amazing.

Batman: Arkham series: I would not know about Origins yet, but Asylum and City was amazing entertainment.

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger: If you want a western game who is surprisingly fun and well narrated.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution: More of a tactical action game.

Dishonored: Same as above.

FallOut 3 + FallOut New Vegas: Skyrim with guns in a post apocalyptical setting. Same developer, same engine.

Hitman: Absolution: Same as Deus Ex and Dishonored..

FTL: Roguelike simulator set in space.

Mark of the Ninja: 2D indie game which was amazingly good.

Portal 1+2: Solve puzzles with physics while enjoying a witty story.

Tomb Raider: Pretty good action-adventure game reboot of an old franchise with a good story.

Spec Ops: The Line: Powerful storyline which makes you think a lot.

Trine + Trine 2: Fun 2D-based puzzle-solving adventure games.

The Walking Dead: Storybased choice game with a rather strong plot.

The Witcher + The Witcher 2: action RPG with a damn strong story.

Primarily through Origin:

Dragon Age: Origins: Really solid tactical RPG which is one of the greatest RPGs in the past 15 years.

Mass Effect trilogy: Amazing action RPG trilogy. Probably THE greatest RPG series as of the past 10 years.

I share a lot of the same opinion as Reep since we generally like the same games, but if you like Knights of the Old Republic, play Neverwinter Nights and/or Baldur's Gate too, if you can stomach very old-school RPGs. Now those are simply amazing. :P

Edited by Yuanrang

Any Bethesda game. They'll keep you entertained for weeks. Add mods and the DLCs and you'll take a year to finish them all.

hey micael if u get fm14 we can always do a network game bro!! dont forget downloading team fortress 2!

Thanks guys, I appreciate it.

Fallout sounds really good but unfortunately together with the cost of the FM14 game it becomes a little more than I was hoping to spend today, so it'll have to wait. And if it's some sort of futuristic Skyrim like you say perhaps it's not a good idea to get it now seeing as I just fully completed Skyrim and am probably a bit worn out of that sort of game. It'd be a pity if I couldn't enjoy such a great game properly.

Right now I'm undecided between Call of Juarez and Walking Dead. I think I'll just flip a coin or something and let fate decide lol.

I agree with you about FFVII Yuan, so much I've already completed the game about three times. I have it on my PS3. :P

Also bought FFVIII recently so that'll probably keep me busy.

Sure Fabio looking forward to that. :D

Edit: Special promotion for the Walking Dead too so I'm definitely getting that it to save money haha. :P

If you're not interested in modding features then Fallout 3 and New Vegas with the DLCs can easily be obtained.by sailing the high seas.

Nobody has mentioned Dark Souls? I haven't gotten around to playing it yet, but I've heard plenty of good things, and it should have enough content to last a while.

Also Super Hexagon. -.-

Edited by Guitarguy

I actually hated AC1... Never finished it.

You should uh get minecraft and play with Tubby, Admiral, Randomness, and I on our epic server thing.

But in all seriousness minecraft is a great way to use any creativity you have and waste tons of hours.

shadowrun returns for the (old school style) rpg game (linear but great)

starcraft 2 for your RTS experience

and the upcoming "civilization: beyond earth" because it's civ :P

Thanks guys that's a bunch of great suggestions, definitely games I will want to give a try in the future. Cheers all

Sorry to those of you who posted here and didn't receive upvotes, apparently I "have reached my quota of positive votes for the day". :P

I'm a huge military buff, so all these games are going to be that. Other people have provided great suggestions for other genres/subject matter.

Battlefield 3 is free until like June 2nd, so you can grab that if you're into shooters and don't mind not having the latest one.

War Thunder is another free game worth checking out if you like WWII planes and/or tanks. It's F2P so there's some grinding involved but it's still pretty fun.

Wargame Red Dragon is like $40 and well worth it if you have a hard-on for the Cold War like I do. It's an RTS with 1200+ authentic units from the USA, USSR, China, Japan, UK, Germany, France, etc... It's a pretty hardcore game though, but if you really like realistic strategy, nothing beats it.

Edited by theking1322

One caveat: the second one is very different from the first in terms of gameplay. If you dislike the combat of the first, don't feel too bad about skipping it. The second one is absolutely stellar in both story and gameplay though.

Nobody has mentioned Dark Souls? I haven't gotten around to playing it yet, but I've heard plenty of good things, and it should have enough content to last a while.

Also Super Hexagon. -.-

Yeah, I recommend Dark Souls 2 on Steam if you have an xbox controller. First game that had me playing into the early morning hours in a long time.

Don't let the reputation of the game scare you off, once you get a hang of the combat it's honestly a blast.

Edited by Zooey

One caveat: the second one is very different from the first in terms of gameplay. If you dislike the combat of the first, don't feel too bad about skipping it. The second one is absolutely stellar in both story and gameplay though.

True, the combat mechanics of the first game is horrid compared to the second game, but in terms of story, The Witcher is worth playing through. :P

True, the combat mechanics of the first game is horrid compared to the second game, but in terms of story, The Witcher is worth playing through. :P

I never played the witcher for more than 30 minutes because the combat is just so horrible.

I never played the witcher for more than 30 minutes because the combat is just so horrible.

The camera controls and everything is attrocious, yes. Eventually you learn to compensate, and the game is substantially more fun in terms of gameplay, but the story is the selling point. :P

I have another question related to Steam, and I guess it's best to just bump this topic rather than create a new one.

I received a notification today informing me I had new card items in my inventory and when I went to check the badges page I noticed this:

REuJhUo.png

Now I am aware how the badges work so I'm not asking what a badge is, I'm asking what this specific badge is because it says "Mysterious" only and the cards are all Mysterious 1, 2, 3 etc. Can't be a game's badge because I don't own any with that name, and as far as I know I haven't really bought any game part of a promotion that could have unlocked some kind bonus badge.

tl;dr I have no idea what this is and it's bothering me lol

Cheers for all the valuable game suggestions btw guys. :thumbs: