Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Micael Fatia

Game suggestions

Did goat simulator actually come out lol?

I'll get back to you @Yuan when I have time. Exams tmrw >.<

Good luck!

(..and yes, there is a Goat Simulator)

@Micael: With the recent E3 buzz, you could always look into The Witcher series and/or Dragon Age: Origins, both of which will be cheap during the summer sales. Both series have an upcoming third installment which actually looks to turn out great, judging by E3 feedback and reveals.

Well then, get ready Reep, your Steam account will be flooded with notices of me now owning new games as always. :xd:

Actually, when thinking about it, you are just as bad as me! :o

Late reply, but I'm definitely as bad as you. Three days in and I've already got 9 new games :box: Given the amount of games on my wishlist this will definitely go up. Hopefully it'll be less bad than last year seeing as I've already got >200 games in Steam so most of the oldies that I've wanted to get I already got.

Steam sale thread screw mic kgo:

I bought FTL for $4, should get value for money with that so ye. Also my friend bought me Awesomenauts, it was a flash sale for $1 and I didn't have access to Steam so he kindly gifted me a copy.

FTL is an amazing game and it is plainly addictive. For that price, it is an insane steal. :P

Tubby and everyone else who suggested Fallout New Vegas: Ily so much right now. You were right, Fallout should have been at the top of the list.

Skyrim is a superior game, you can tell Bethesda put a lot more effort into it, but I much prefer Fallout's (New Vegas, but I heard 3 is even better despite being older?) lore, environment and gameplay. Having a lot of fun. :ice:

Fallout 3 was an outstanding game, but unless you have the Brotherhood of Steel DLC (which is more of a mini-expansion), the end to vanilla Fallout 3 is a massive disappointment to an outstanding game. BoS fixes it though.

Fallout 3 is pretty much New Vegas on a different map which takes place earlier than F:NV, and the games themselves are more or less the same with few variations. Fallout 3 was pretty damn good, but again, it is not Skyrim-level, but it is New Vegas level easily, if not better.

I'll probably give it a try when I finish New Vegas. :P

Also I think it was you who suggested Call of Juarez: Gunslinger? That's another great game, I love everything about it: the music, the humour, the cartoon-like graphics. Had a lot of fun with it. The storyline was a bit obvious (not going into details not to spoil but it really didn't take long for me to figure out what Silas was really doing in the Saloon) but still pretty good and entertaining.

Most of the games I play force me to have to think even if only a bit (Strategy games, sports games like FM, RPGs etc) and the ones that don't usually are not my type of game but this one is definitely an exception. It's the perfect game to play when you're just feeling lazy and want to relax a bit playing games without having to use your brain. I guess most FPS' are like this, but the cartoony graphics and the humour really gives the game a different feel.

I try to be a bit all-rounded. My speciality is RPGs, Stealth games and strategy games (as you, a thinking man's game), but I like doing a little bit of everything for the simple reason that I want to continously challenge myself to have some variation of game types. :P

Yeah, I was the one that brought up Gunslinger.

What hooked me into Call of Juarez: Gunslinger was that it just captured that mental image of a Western tale, and I did enjoy the narrative and general mood in the game. Not to mention the gameplay was pretty solid by itself, even if it was not a game I traditionally enjoy.

Yeah it's just great, they really did an amazing job. I love all the exaggerations and humorous situations, like the part when drunk Silas talking about him shooting Native Americans, Cowboys/Bandits and that shizzle becomes a massacre and he just starts singing that awesome song out of nowhere. That really was an incredible moment lol.

Edited by Micael Fatia

Crusader Kings 2 is known for its focus on various Dynasty and the importance of family and relevant politics, which is why it apparently rocks for the Game of Thrones mod since... well, you know... that is Game of Thrones in a nutshell. :P

Wrong topic Yuan, woops. :P

But yeah it really does sound like my type of game, but probably expensive isn't it? That kind of games usually are.

Edit: Yep 40 eur, not counting with the dlcs. >.<

Tubby and everyone else who suggested Fallout New Vegas: Ily so much right now. You were right, Fallout should have been at the top of the list.

Skyrim is a superior game, you can tell Bethesda put a lot more effort into it, but I much prefer Fallout's (New Vegas, but I heard 3 is even better despite being older?) lore, environment and gameplay. Having a lot of fun. :ice:

I personally wouldn't call Fallout 3 better. F:NV's ironsights (though these are easily modded in) don't exist in F3, and the way companions work in F3 is fairly horrible. (also who doesn't want Felicia Day as a companion) I'd also call the DLCs for F:NV far superior to those of F3, because I felt much more involved in the stories. However, in some ways it's more open (the opening sequence for F:NV up to New Vegas is rather closed off, relatively), I guess. It is, however, definitely worth your time if you enjoyed F:NV. Also, to add a note to what Yuan said, there's no reason not to buy the F3 GOTY with all the DLCs anyway.

Wrong topic Yuan, woops. :P

But yeah it really does sound like my type of game, but probably expensive isn't it? That kind of games usually are.

Edit: Yep 40 eur, not counting with the dlcs. >.<

Had to type quickly due to being in queue for a Dota 2 game. :xd:

Though yes, the only thing preventing me from buying it is the price and the knowledge that it would not be played for a few months, so no point buying it ASAP. It is, however, a game that is discounted every Steam Season though, so it will be on sale.

Reep: While there are differences, and F3's DLCs were mostly bad (Apart from Brotherhood of Steel, if I remember right), they are almost the same game in a different setting. IN terms of changes, this is not ES4: Oblivion --> ES5: Skyrim, but rather... Assassin's Creed 2 --> Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. :P

I've never played Assassin's Creed so I have no idea if that's good or bad. :P

Judging by the screenshots I've seen of Fallout 3 it seems very similar to New Vegas, and apparently New Vegas was released only like one year-ish after Fallout 3 so they can't really be that different.

Like I said I'll probably give it a try when I'm done with New Vegas.

It's the perfect game to play when you're just feeling lazy and want to relax a bit playing games without having to use your brain. I guess most FPS' are like this, but the cartoony graphics and the humour really gives the game a different feel.

If you want another like this then definitely check out Just Cause 2. When sales are on you can pick it up for ~$3 yet it provides hours of hilariously fun content. The plot is cheesy and predictable, but it's honestly a blast to just go around the huuuuge map with your grappling hook and blowing stuff up.

Judging by the screenshots I've seen of Fallout 3 it seems very similar to New Vegas, and apparently New Vegas was released only like one year-ish after Fallout 3 so they can't really be that different.

2 years! and if u get just cause 2 we could play together!! havent played it yet though. has a free multiplayer mod apparently

Well, imagine any game which is a basic continuation of the mechanics and gameplay of a game, just with a slight overhaul and a new setting. Think the vast majority of the EA games here. :P

2 years! and if u get just cause 2 we could play together!! havent played it yet though. has a free multiplayer mod apparently

Looks like a fun game, and it's not that expensive. I'm tempted!

Looks like a fun game, and it's not that expensive. I'm tempted!

yeah man bought it in a sale last year for €3.74!! do it! Edited by Fabio

Some of my most played Steam games:

Revenge of the Titans

Terraria

Gnomoria

Kerbal Space Program

Defenders Quest

FTL

Age of Empires 2

Age of Mythology

Risk of Rain

Just Cause 2