Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Aabid

World Cup 2014

Anyone excited?

For me these fixing rumors have kinda killed the hype for me >.<

I've always liked Germany.

Very excited, it's a big deal in Argentina. Hopefully we'll do good unlike previous cups.

Why does USA have to be in the hardest group?

I'm tempted to start a Qatar 2022 discussion on here too...

Very excited, it's a big deal in Argentina. Hopefully we'll do good unlike previous cups.

I've always loved Argentina. So cool that you live there : )

Messi was supposed to be the next Maradona and carry but it didn't work.

Actually made me LOL

Best thing I've seen was that LeBron got cramps with 33 degrees; imagine how many player will get cramps in Qatar LOL

idk apparantly USA is makin it outta the group of death...

Well Portugal and Germany are the favorites to make it out. Germany is probably a clinch to make it out and the other three have pretty good chances of making it out. If USA beats out Portugal Micael Fatia would rage big time though so I'm not sure how much I want that :P.

Canada_flag_halifax_9_-04.JPG

Canada is coming hard this year! We gonna take it!

Portugal looked strong yesterday but that was against Ireland to be fair...

FIFA is going to call for a vote to redo the bidding on the location for 2022. It was very apparent that the FIFA president had received a bribe to lock Qatar in as the 2022 location. Hopefully the redo is passed and the US can rightfully have the 2022 location locked.

I'm rooting for Germany! Strong team but they have a lot of injuries on their squad. And ESPN has projected that the US will not make it past the group stage. But who knows, maybe we can pull it off.

Well Portugal and Germany are the favorites to make it out. Germany is probably a clinch to make it out and the other three have pretty good chances of making it out. If USA beats out Portugal Micael Fatia would rage big time though so I'm not sure how much I want that :P.

There's no chance in hell you'll beat us! We're superior in every way!

Even our super-heroes are much cooler.

YACPRI7.jpg

:glasses:

The pride is here. I forgot that world we learnt when we learn about WWII about countries feeling that they are the best.

That word describes Micael.

All I want is revenge on Spain. We should have won the last world cup if it wasn't for the blind refs.

Let's go Netherlands

Netherlands_flag.gif

All I want is revenge on Spain. We should have won the last world cup if it wasn't for the blind refs.

Let's go Netherlands

Netherlands_flag.gif

Was 4 years younger then. I didn't see anything wrong with that game... care to explain.

Let's go Netherlands

Netherlands_flag.gif

Was 4 years younger then. I didn't see anything wrong with that game... care to explain.

If I recall correctly, the play that Spain scored on started with a goal kick from the Spanish end when it clearly should have been a corner kick to the Netherlands.

Let's go Netherlands

Netherlands_flag.gif

If I recall correctly, the play that Spain scored on started with a goal kick from the Spanish end when it clearly should have been a corner kick to the Netherlands.

well they gave Iniesta a yellow card for taking his shirt off so its pretty fair...

Can I ask why after that goal they celebrated like they'd won. Time was still left but they seemed pretty confident...

Let's go Netherlands

Netherlands_flag.gif

well they gave Iniesta a yellow card for taking his shirt off so its pretty fair...

Can I ask why after that goal they celebrated like they'd won. Time was still left but they seemed pretty confident...

A yellow card does NOT justify the dumb goal they scored and eventually lost the Netherlands the world cup.

They celebrated like they won because they knew from there it'd be practically impossible for the Netherlands to bring it back and win.

Let's go Netherlands

Netherlands_flag.gif

They celebrated like they won because they knew from there it'd be practically impossible for the Netherlands to bring it back and win.

Why would it be practically impossible? >.<

I want another Zidane style headbutt this year.

Let's go Netherlands

Netherlands_flag.gif

A yellow card does NOT justify the dumb goal they scored and eventually lost the Netherlands the world cup.

But lets be honest here, Spain's squad is just stacked with some of the best players from the major football leagues around the world.

Let's go Netherlands

Netherlands_flag.gif

Why would it be practically impossible? >.<

Because Netherlands had struggled to attack them all game and being 1-0 would give the Spanish a psychological edge.

Think Spain can win again this year?

Puyol is getting old or something...

The USA's group is ridiculously difficult. I don't know the rankings too well (America, yeah) but it seems to me that the #2 team and the #3 team in the world should not be in the same group. Especially considering the USA and Ghana both have good teams. Meanwhile France's group is comparatively lame.

I think that happens every time though.

I still remember Ghana and "THE HAND OF GOD" last time. My dad was raging...

The USA's group is ridiculously difficult. I don't know the rankings too well (America, yeah) but it seems to me that the #2 team and the #3 team in the world should not be in the same group. Especially considering the USA and Ghana both have good teams. Meanwhile France's group is comparatively lame.

I think that happens every time though.

Ghana is also a great team. They made it to the semifinals last WC (if I remember). The problem is that compared to those 3 teams, the US is considered the weakest in the group.

IMO, Group F is the lamest.