Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
LordPalmulehto

God of Balance and Nature, Guthix

Hi! So... I made this Topic, because I did want to speak something about Guthix; God of Balance and Nature. I hope people says something here, say what to they think about it what do I say now. I made this Topic, and I already know Guthix is dead, OR IS HE REALLY DEAD? Now I say what do I think about Guthix: I think Guthix is the only god who belongs to Gielinor, because he did so much good to it. Also he try to keep it balanced. I want balance, and I followed Guthix, so I can't believe Guthix is really dead; I made my own theory. I think no one god can be killed, only their bodies can be killed. I think their mind will stay, and they can return if they get new body, and because Guthix is strongest not-elder god, he could make an avatar, body from natural resources. I think Guthix will return, and claim Gielinor back. Then he restores everything in Gielinor, and let it be in peace. Do you want to know why I think Gods can't be killed? I will tell you my own theory about that now: I think godship is only part of something bigger, I think even if their bodies die, their minds can be still alive, example: Now, Guthix is died, but in the Gielinor is still balance. So long as Saradomin and Zamorak controls Good and Evil balanced, so long Guthix is alive. I think Guthix can't die if there is balance. But because Guthix is God of Nature too, he could he killed half, if gods destroy nature, and kill every mortal creature, Guthix could be half-dead. Also, everyone know Zaros got killed, but now he is here again, why Guthix would not do same? Guthix is even more powerful than Zaros. I hope someone who reads this, will understand what do I mean, and help me, because I'm trying to Return Guthix back to Gielinor. Please, if you did understand this, and believe this is right, add me to your friend list in RuneScape, my character is One Ley.

Edited by LordPalmulehto

:o :mellow::unsure::huh::blink:

^ How I reacted to this post. Personally, there's enough intense debating and confusion about one God, I don't think I can handle another. :rofl:

:welcome:

Guthix isn't dead. He just went home.

He faked his own death so the mafia won't go after him? I agree it's stupid some random dude can just waltz in and kill him while he was clearly superior in strength to all other gods combined. I don't think he's alive though because it would just make the plot of the game less interesting if he returns and restores order. Plus Zaros never died just weakened and banished.

I personally think we won't be seeing him for a while, even if he's not dead. Also, he was no elder god, the elder gods are Jas, Ful, Wen, Bik and Mah.

I'm not very up-to-date with the intricacies of the storyline, but Guthix is indeed a regular god, not an elder god, but very much the most powerful among Saradomin and Zamorak and such. Considering that a higher being than a god exists, I thus find it plausible that a regular god can die. Guthix wasn't always a god, either. The fact that he had to take his power from Skaragoth indicates that he isn't inherently immortal.

I REALLY DO HATE that, as people doesn't believe me. I didn't say Guthix is an elder god, but I told you why I think he is still alive. And if someone thinks why I care so much about that, I will answer to that now. Guthix was the god of balance and nature. I care about that, because I want balance and peace, and I do anything to get them. And... I love nature. I live near the forest, and I go there every day. Of course I like another things than forests too, but still, nature is really important to me. And another gods... They don't have anything that I care about. Guthix... he had everything I want. If I could go to Runescape world, Gielinor, I would take an pickaxe and mine the groud until I find Jas, even if that would be impossible, then I would hit her with my pickaxe until she gives Guthix back. (I Know that is impossible)

Well he definitely died unless somehow he faked the whole The World Wakes situation with Sliske's help, which I just don't find plausible.

Guthix was the strongest of the "normal" Gods mainly due to his prolonged exposure to the Stone of Jas' powers, but after years and years isolated it's fair to assume he lost a great deal of that power. Don't think he was strong enough at the time to be able to pull such shenanigans.

I highly doubt he escaped death in a similar way to Zaros due to a couple reasons - Zaros' body unlike Guthix's was removed from existence, most likely because Zaros in a desperate attempt to hold on to life at all costs turned his body into pure energy to escape death. This did not happen to Guthix as I'm sure you know. Plus Gielinor experienced other effects that prove he did actually die, such as the divination craters said to be the result of the Anima Mundi itself mourning for Guthix.

Also there is definitely no balance in the world right now btw, and the results of the world events prove it. Order seems to be giving Chaos quite a beating.

It has been proven balance in RuneScape is not a battle between good and evil but rather between order and chaos, and so far Saradomin and Armadyl have a win each meaning order is leading 2-0. Both Saradomin and Armadyl have had their powers boosted while Bandos is gone and Zamorak has been weakened. Zaros is back too and while he is viewed as more of a neutral force he himself claims his objective is to bring order under his rule.

Edited by Micael Fatia

I didn't say Guthix is an elder god

and because Guthix is strongest elder god

Ya you did.

So long as Saradomin and Zamorak controls Good and Evil balanced

Saradomin and Zamorak are NOT good and evil - they are order and chaos. Both have the same end goal, they just have differing approaches to it.

Also, everyone know Zaros got killed, but now he is here again

Zaros never died, only his body.

I agree it's stupid some random dude can just waltz in and kill him while he was clearly superior in strength to all other gods combined.

I believe Guthix could have taken out Sliske if he wanted to, but moments before Guthix's death where he shows you his history he makes a mention that he wants to go back to his family? Something like that, and since his family is dead, I think he wanted to die.

OH, sorry, I didn't mean he is an elder god, maybe I failed, but I think I meant as Guthix was the strongest not-elder god. Hey... Maybe I did understand something, Guthix was the god of nature, and some of the elder gods hided into the nature, into the Gielinor. What about if Guthix talked to few elder gods, Elder gods did create life, and planets, so Could Guthix ask maybe... Jas to bring his family back? And if Jas wouldn't bring his family back, Guthix could take Jas's hiding spot to himself.

Edited by LordPalmulehto

He was the God of balance, he was pretty much obsessed with it since the death of his family. He thought maintaining balance between order and chaos was the only mean of avoiding war without hindering progress, to have peace without submission and dependence (or something of the sort).

He helped improve Gielinor so I guess that's where you got he was the God of nature, but in truth he isn't.

I'm no expert in Elder God lore, but I'm fairly sure they're the most powerful beings on RuneScape. Highly doubt they can be hurt even with God weapons. So I have no idea how Guthix would "beat" Jas to take her place. :P

I think Elder Gods can be untiered and replaced. Zaros wants to become an Elder God for instance (although that would not require another Elder God be thrown out).

Not much is known about the Elder Gods but I don't think they can magically bring people back from the dead. I think there is another tier above the Elder Gods though (because the Elder Gods were created) that is probably something like the Abrahamic religions God. I doubt we'll ever see him/her in the game.

There's a lot of evidence to support the theory that Guthix has died for good. Taking a direct hit from an Elder Artefact from close range is going to be hard to recuperate from.

And just because nature and "balance" is still around, doesn't mean Guthix would be around as well.

Take Bandos, God of War for instance- War was ensuing around him, and yet he still died.

Also, Zaros was substantially stronger before Zamorak wounded him. He has returned, but he's needed to siphon energy to regain his old power levels. (Mentioned during Fate of the Gods)

Guthix would not want the other Gods to return, AT ANY COST. That in itself is the biggest reason I can give you as to why he's dead for good.

I think Elder Gods can be untiered and replaced. Zaros wants to become an Elder God for instance (although that would not require another Elder God be thrown out).

I haven't completed the new quest yet so I don't know, is that really what he tells you? Because the old theory supported by Jagex (before the release of Fate of The Gods) was that Zaros wanted to become fate itself. The puppet master pulling the strings behind the scenes. To achieve that he doesn't need to become an Elder God I don't think, basically without interference from the other Gods (who ideally will be all dead so there's no interference) and the power of all the Elder artifacts for himself he should be able to achieve the tier of power required to do it. Elder Gods won't be a problem because at this point they're pretty much disconnected from everything.

It's possible he does actually want to kill one to gain her powers, but if that were the case would he not be able to do it by killing Mah for example? Again my knowledge of this is very limited due to not having completed the quest yet, but I was under the impression Mah was the youngest and weakest of the Elder Gods and was either weakened or broken making her a prime target for someone like Zaros. It is true Zaros himself is weakened too, but Mah being the God creator of Freneskae (and the being who created Zaros if i'm not mistaken?) is probably tied to Freneskae itself and thus should not be exactly hard to find for a God like Zaros who probably knew everything about his creator long before Zamorak's treason.

I dunno, it makes me think Elder Gods might not be killed without damaging all of their creations, like I believe it's mentioned the TzHaar/TokHaar will disappear if the Lava Elder God who created them dies because she is the source of their life power or something. Could be the same with Mah, would definitely explain why Zaros has not attempted anything yet. Could be the same with Jas too, you kill her you destroy Gielinor.

In the latest quest I'm pretty sure he says he wants to be an Elder God but I have no idea how that's possible.

In the latest quest I'm pretty sure he says he wants the bathmate x40 pump to be an Elder God but I have no idea how that's possible.

And how does one become an elder God?

Edited by MoonDust

Sorry to butt in, but Guthix is just graphics, dialogue, memory occupied in a database somewhere and a figurehead for RuneScape.

Have none of you ever thought of actually reading dialogue in BTS? It clearly states that Guthix (and everyone else in the game) is a fictional actor in a fictional game.

Oh no and here comes the flamin'

Edited by Mammoth

Sorry to butt in, but Guthix is just graphics, dialogue, memory occupied in a database somewhere and a figurehead for RuneScape.

Have none of you ever thought of actually reading dialogue in BTS? It clearly states that Guthix (and everyone else in the game) is a fictional actor in a fictional game.

Oh no and here comes the flamin'

I'm terribly sorry to disappoint but in truth there's nobody left here who cares. And even back then nobody would get upset at your post, as all of us could and can still distinguish reality from game lore. This topic was nothing more than a distraction to occupy time while playing a game we enjoy(ed). ^_^

Edited by Micael Fatia

He's specifically referencing a new quest where the player goes behind the scenes and meets (among others) Guthix, who is an old out of work actor or something like that.

Yeah but nobody here is too excited about it except the topic creator and he is long gone.