Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Lam

Playing 07 - Is it worth it?

I know this may come up a lot, but I've heavily been questioning whether or not to play runescape after about 2 years, though I won't be touching rs3/eoc/whatever it is at this point in time, I'd be strictly 07. Instead of just asking if it's "worth" or not (been playing LoL instead of rs, sorry for the terminology), I'd like to ask you guys about a few aspects:

- how is the community? I remember talking to so many great people, especially from Sal's; this is definitely what I miss most

- is it rampant with bots? I want to make a skiller, but I also want to have enough money from skilling when I eventually move onto combat. I just wanna know if it's at all worth it.

- If I re-upgrade my account, do I get to keep the display name? Not a major thing, but I really like my display name.

opinions and any other thoughts greatly appreciated! :wub::yay::welcome::santa: < I've missed these forum smileys

I don't play 07 much, but I'll try and answer some of your questions.

The community is more goal-oriented now, so you'll see a lot more people putting time and effort into leveling. So expect more high levels. On the flip side, minigames aren't as crowded as much as they were in the glory days.

07 did have a botting problem but it is getting better as they introduce more anti-bot programs. Considering these anti-bot programs worked wonders on the main game, I would hope they have similar effectiveness on Old School. One thing to note: Old School Runescape has an in-built autotyper.

What do you mean re-upgrade your account? You should still be able to keep your current display name on Old School.

There is a freeplay version of Old School available, by the way. It lasts two weeks and you must use a new account to play. I would play that for two weeks, see how you like it, and then decide if you want to play on your main account.

I don't play 07 much, but I'll try and answer some of your questions.

The community is more goal-oriented now, so you'll see a lot more people putting time and effort into leveling. So expect more high levels. On the flip side, minigames aren't as crowded as much as they were in the glory days.

07 did have a botting problem but it is getting better as they introduce more anti-bot programs. Considering these anti-bot programs worked wonders on the main game, I would hope they have similar effectiveness on Old School. One thing to note: Old School Runescape has an in-built autotyper.

What do you mean re-upgrade your account? You should still be able to keep your current display name on Old School.

There is a freeplay version of Old School available, by the way. It lasts two weeks and you must use a new account to play. I would play that for two weeks, see how you like it, and then decide if you want to play on your main account.

Oh wow thanks so much for the fast reply. I'm gonna go make an account and see what 07 is like, but I definitely won't use the full 2-weeks, I'm so nostalgic that if there's one thing I like I'll go and pay for it. As for the display name thing what I meant was that if I got to keep my the display name on my rs3/eoc account it would be a nice bonus.

You get to keep the display name. There aren't many bots on members servers, though on the freeplay servers I think it's worse. Judging the community is subjective, but I've noticed that 07 tends to be more talkative than rs3.

I don't really think Old School is goal-oriented, not compared to RS3 anyways (which, from what I see, is almost completely goal oriented).

To answer your questions in brief:

-Good skilling community; not sure about many other communities

-Not many bots, good botwatch programs (sure some bots get through)

-RS3 and 07 names are the same or shall I say...coincide with w/e acc you're on.

07 is great, I have no regrets for playing 07 and accomplishing a handful of 99s and Quest cape, its very fun and some good people.