Sal's Team Speak

Team Speak for Sals  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Would you use the Team Speak?

• Yes
    • No
    • I dont care
    • I prefer skype or something else...

I was considering hosting a team speak server for Sal's, but i'd like to know if anyone would be interested in doing it before I pay for a sever.

It's just an idea that came to me, since i'm always on team speak, and i know that a few other members use it for other things, so please post ideas or thoughts on it.

Thanks

Smiley

Edited by Err0r 420

I used it for warbands and wouldn't mind using it here, though I don't have a mic right now and I don't see a point to it honestly unless you are doing something hardcore.

I thought there was no teamspeak originally because it would be too hard to moderate, just like IRC?

I know a bunch of members used to use Skype pretty religiously, it seemed to work much better than a TS server for the scale needed

If we could get 80-90% of active clan members using the TS I would be down for it. At this point though I don't think there are enough clan members that couldn't just be reached through Skype or a video chat room.

I play too sporadically but you got the right idea.... maybe if there were more people who bossed most of the time or we had organized boss trips/events then it would be useful, but i personally have no use for it for Runescape.

Even though I don't play at all anymore, I think a Skype chat would be better and pretty neat for everyone to just hang out and chat. It'd be better than Team Speak just because it's more common and thus would have more people in the chat.

Well I probably would not use it but I think it's an idea with potential. It doesn't have to be for active RuneScape players only, could be more of a community chat that everyone can use.

*Starts bring back #Novus petition*

Well i'm going to bring this back by saying my skype id is "itztoreos". I have many chats i am a part of on skype and have done this kind of thing before. The nice thing about skype is that the VOIP between group convo's is free, and can be toggled, meaning that someone has to call, and someone has to answer. After a call is initiated, others that are in the group convo may join simply by clicking the 'join' button that replaces the 'call' button while a call is currently in progress within the group. The text is good and copypasta-able. Links may by posted/clicked.

Guidelines would have to be set, and pecking orders/what not. There are somewhat permissions for users but it's quite primitive.

Edited by Iamyouronly

*Starts bring back #Novus petition*

#populus is still somewhat "active"

nothing about runescape though

Edited by Zooey

Smiley, I think we really don't have enough active people to justify your paying for a server.

Skype would be a much better alternative, in my opinion.

Rene the Derp.