Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tea pls

Suggestion for Skills comps/massing/bossing

In the last competition I got about 530k xp and probably played the most I have ever played in one weekend (my xp rates are way lower than what you guys are getting).

Really? Even if you're F2P I would expect your XP rates to be better than that. I got nearly 2m xp and 37 levels on my nub over that weekend.

Anyway, I'm going to try this and see if it works:

http://runescape.salmoneus.net/forums/topic/363531-pest-control-and-mass-conquest/

I think masses should be added as an alternative to a skill comp. Maybe start alternating Weekend 1 and 3 as skill comps and 2 and 4 as massing weekends (several per day so we can get all time zones involved). We'll definitely need strong support to get it off and running but I think we'd have a shot since it is summer and more people are coming back for legacy. Eventually we can have a poll for both every week if participation is high enough. If everyone is skeptical about it not working in the past, that was months ago. RS3 has changed a lot since then and the clan is more active with PVM'ers or people that need money. I personally wouldn't camp at corp or kk all weekend but I'd like to get in on a mass for a bit. I like the idea of using the adventure log as a tracker of participation. We'd just need timestamped screenshots (not hard to do) and this clan is very trustworthy so nobody would fake it, that should be the least of our worries.

Perhaps there isn't a best option, and it might not agree with the popular opinion but we should get the ball rolling with something. At least, we should bring back massing to a better time than sunday afternoon, lot of people have family activities or work. Adding back masses will improve our sense of community that our skill comps do (Jagex even recognized us for it).

I do like the reorganization idea for the clan subforum, we can make it easier for people to post caps and rank up and sign up for the events. It appears this has been scrapped though.

I think someone said this but maybe in the skill competition topics make an option for the poll with something like, "Something other". And if "something other" got the most votes there would be a separate poll in which options are put out.

E.g. the separate poll would have options for bossing like gwd, kk, etc. and would also have options for minigames or something like that.

Damn Iayo, you caught me.

So, I've read some pretty good posts in here, and I wouldn't mind skill comps going bi-weekly . I personally am not a fan of change , but you guys all support the idea, and I believe it would be for the better, so I support as well. I don't mind making the banners once a week, but this could prevent as many possible renders being used up in as much time, which is gopd, because if you do the maths the forum is currently filled with 208 banners not counting ones outside of skill comps.

About bossing / massing weekends, I like the idea, but I'm not too sure they would work. Leaaf, in my defence, I was gearing up for Nex AND rushing to the Saradomin camp to get the last key piece, but real life called and I could not ignore it. Which is a factor I believe would affect these weekends constantly. You can skill monotonously for hours, and hours, but as soon as you get into that boss room, interruptions upon interruptions just pile on.

If they did work, however, I would possibly go to some - not all, because i 'm not a big fan of bossing myself, but some.

And i'm not sure making the bossing competitive is neccessary. Everything has crashed enough already as it is :P and yes, that does mean the one who wins the comp gets the luckiest, unless you make it boss kills, and then the one with the best gear wins. However if it were to happen I wouldn't mind.

In the last competition I got about 530k xp and probably played the most I have ever played in one weekend (my xp rates are way lower than what you guys are getting).

Really? Even if you're F2P I would expect your XP rates to be better than that. I got nearly 2m xp and 37 levels on my nub over that weekend.

PYr8YbE.jpg

Not everyone is an efficiency expert and/or wants to play more than 2 hours a day.

And i'm not sure making the bossing competitive is neccessary. Everything has crashed enough already as it is :P and yes, that does mean the one who wins the comp gets the luckiest, unless you make it boss kills, and then the one with the best gear wins. However if it were to happen I wouldn't mind.

Well right now it's the person with the best levels wins. If anything I would think bosses to be more fair. I'd stand a better chance at QBD kills when compared to thieving xp.

Edited by Sobend

Like Lilshu said Dei Wei is in charge of the competitions and he's not staff. The competitions are "official" though, they're connected to the events/clan chat moderators team meaning we do have the power to make the changes needed if necessary, however they currently are being run by Dei Wei and seeing as he's the one putting the effort and time into hosting them it wouldn't be fair if we just overpowered his authority in the matter. Most people here agree with the suggestion it seems, so try to get him to read this topic or even attempt to contact him in-game. I'm sure there have been times the both of you have been online at the same time.

As for your other suggestion - events don't have to be run by the staff. We've tried many many times in the past to create some sort of weekly events system (long before your return, even before I got promoted), and we have never had any success with it. There have been events with great turnouts that ended up being lots of fun, but they're very rare. The grand majority end up being just 6-7 people out of which usually 3-4 are staff. We stopped with the weekly boss masses for the reason Wartoc and I have stated in our previous posts, it reached a point we wouldn't get enough people to show up. Now saying we don't have enough events because "Sal's is too set in it's ways to change i guess" and "Staff doesn't want to change it" is incredibly unfair seeing as many of us have put a lot of time into hosting and attending events. I've personally attended events during times I should have been doing other things and so have many other events team members, some even had to either wake up very early or go to bed really late just to be there.

There is no guarantee any events will be successful, so weekly events hosted by staff just make no sense. And like I said before events don't have to be hosted by the staff, it's much easier to make successful events if we all work as a team rather than having a small group of individuals responsible for everything.

I would suggest directly contacting Dei Wei about this idea and asking for his opinions; as he is the current host of them obviously his opinion is important here.

It seems the OP has no intention of discussing this further as he has removed all of the information from his posts. Closed.