Sal's RuneScape Forum
Salmoneus

Dungeoneering Skill Guide!

Hey guys! I'm proud to announce that our new Dungeoneering guide is online at last! Inside you'll find out everything you need to know about the skill, from how to get started, to actually navigating the dungeons and earning some cool rewards. A huge thank you goes to all the folks who helped put this excellent guide together -- we really could not have done this without you! Thanks to Finisterra, iWild, Jacky, Rene and Wheeeeelsun for writing this awesome guide, and to everyone who submitted info to help complete this guide. :ice:

So, check it out and let us know what you think! :D

carlton-dance-gif.gif

Massive thanks to all the guide writers, without them I wouldn't even be a quarter of a way through the guide! Thank you to everyone else who has submitted things, you guys rock!

It ain't over yet though! We still need a whole wealth of data and images required for our more advanced section of the guide. Head on over to the Dg submissions topic to have a look at what is still needed. The contest will be ending soon (actual date will be posted within the day) so get working, for the good of the Realm!

EDIT: The contest will end in 2 weeks on Monday.

Edited by O hai im KAMIL

I remember contributing the list of the shop items to this guide... four years ago. Back before I was Army of One. I wondered why everybody suddenly stopped, and never believed i'd see the day it was released!

Holy crap, I remember when this guide was started. Can we get a time stamp of how long this guide actually took?

I'm amazed its finished guys, good job :cheers:

Can we get a time stamp of how long this guide actually took?

I believe this is the earliest version of a guide we had, so roughly 4 years :P On the contrary it took me less than a month to create the site guide, so yeah it should've been done sooner.

Why did you not post the WIP of this on the guides forum? There's a bunch a mistakes that should have been fixed and parts that could be improved.

The most common and easiest way for a new player to reach Daemonheim is to use the boat in Taverly, not Al-Kharid. In fact I don't know if the boat in Al-Kharid still exists or if it was moved. That bridge might be empty now, idk.

References to revenants should be removed.

Shared XP: Toggling this give you a share of any gained XP within a dungeon by other party members, if you have the necessary skill level to gain that XP, and regardless of whether your teammates have shared XP toggled on.

I could go further and explain how sharing XP evenly divides the original amount between teammates rather than having each player gain the full amount, but that might be getting a bit too advanced.

Note:A dungeon may be started with any amount of players, with a minimum of one and a maximum of five people.

There's a spacing error that you should fix anyway, so you may as well replace it with this line which is slightly more clear.

-> Note: A dungeon may be started with any amount of players in the team, between one and five.

Complexity 5 does include Summoning.

Complexity 6 adds Divination.

Complexity does a lot more than just which skills are available and how much of an XP penalty there is, but idk if that would be too advanced. I'll probably save the explanation for my Low Complexity Skilling guide.

Difficulty represents the number of teammates that are required in order to complete the critical path of the dungeon and reach the boss. For example, in a floor with difficulty 5:3, there are 5 players in the team but the dungeon can be completed if 2 of them leave the team.

Minimum number of rooms for a Small dungeon is 12. So the range is 12-16. Now, it would make sense that Medium is 24-32 and Large is 48-64, but that might not be true - I have never seen a large floor with less than 50 rooms. but I guess this isn't important enough to mention.

Small floors can be selected with team sizes of 1 to 5.

Medium floors can be selected with team sizes of 1 to 5.

Large floors can only be selected with team sizes of 3 to 5.

In Hard Mode, Medium floors are forced for team sizes of 1 to 2, and Large floors are forced for teams of 3 to 5.

The guide fails to mention how offhand bind slots work.

You should mention somewhere that dropped items appear instantly to all players and will never despawn (except bones and ashes).

The Prestige section is highly unclear for new players.

Nature staff is 12.5k.

Arcane blast, Brawler's hook, and Farsight snap necklaces are 15.5k.

Gold accumulator costs 20k for the first, 40k for the second, and 60k for the third and above.

Mercenary's gloves are 48.5k and are of the Range class.

Please do not neglect to state the speed of the weapons and whether they are 1 or 2 handed. This is highly important.

Gravite shortbow does have its own damage stat.

Scroll of Daemonheim: Performing any skilling action in a dungeon has a 50% chance of giving an additional 5% of that XP towards Dungeoneering.

You mirrored my screenshots for the dungeoneering capes. The ring icons are therefore facing the wrong directions. Also I just noticed a clipping issue on the icon with the 99 cape, but I guess that's a fault of the game.

Why were the images of all the skill doors necessary? I don't see those images anywhere in the guide...

Why did you not post the WIP of this on the guides forum? There's a bunch a mistakes that should have been fixed and parts that could be improved.

The most common and easiest way for a new player to reach Daemonheim is to use the boat in Taverly, not Al-Kharid. In fact I don't know if the boat in Al-Kharid still exists or if it was moved. That bridge might be empty now, idk.

(...)

The boat at Al-Kharid still exists (checked it a minute ago).

Why were the images of all the skill doors necessary? I don't see those images anywhere in the guide...

Don't worry, they're still (going) to be used ;)