Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tea pls

Suggestion: Custom Entry Field for Twitch account username.

Title says it all really, suggesting that a custom field be added where you input your contact information and character information on your account's profile page. Since it's integration in to Runescape, i can foresee more people using twitch now. Highly relevant to Sal's. :)

This totally depends on how many people use twitch. Otherwise it can just go on another field (like interests).

This totally depends on how many people use twitch. Otherwise it can just go on another field (like interests).

eTmAbLo.png

I don't think that it's justifiable to deny it because of how many people use Twitch, considering that I never see anybody use anything beyond Skype and maybe Yahoo or something -.-. So, in my opinion, why not.

Having it in 'Interests' serves not quite the same purpose as a custom entry field.... The profile fields allow you to parse a user's alias in to a link. So for example, go to my profile (or anyones for that matter that has some info) and notice you can click on these entries. They are all links (some to protocols such as mailto: or call: etc). Also in a neat and categoried fashion. Twitch link would belong here from a design perspective.

eTmAbLo.png

I don't think that it's justifiable to deny it because of how many people use Twitch, considering that I never see anybody use anything beyond Skype and maybe Yahoo or something -.-. So, in my opinion, why not.

Good point. Not to mention, they don't even show up in public profile if you don't have anything in the field.

Edit: Forgot to mention also i was purposely waiting to start streaming things until the intergration due to the annoying amount of software involved in creating a successful stream. The in game stream setup is so very easy, anybody who can make a runescape account and twitch account can easily hook up and stream in under 30 seconds. Navigate to the "Twitch" tab in game, type in login info for twitch account, press play (literally, there is a play button). BAM You are streaming. :)

http://www.twitch.tv/iamyouronly

Edit2: While i am on a roll i'll add this in: The possibilities in using Twitch as an advertising aspect for Sal's is an absolute. Simply by putting the name "Sal's Realm" in my stream name i was able to attract some who know of sal's or had in the past. Excellent opportunity to put yourselves out there and get some more activity :)

Edited by Iamyouronly

I think what Sobend is trying to say is that it might not be so simple to do, and since it isn't really something that is top priority it might be better just to use an existing field that can serve the same purpose easily despite not being as neat as you put it. :P

There's only two people capable of making that change as far as I know and one (Sal) is extremely busy nowadays, and I'm not even sure the second (lilshu) is able or capable of doing it without help. Not sure how IP.Boards work but if they're anything like some other forums I'm more familiar with almost every small change like this requires a bit of headers/footers coding.

I will be honest and say I have no idea what Twitch is and don't really have any interest in finding out, but I've seen it mentioned quite a few times and seems somewhat relevant nowadays when it comes to RuneScape at least. So as long as long as this change is doable I say go for it.

I think what Sobend is trying to say is that it might not be so simple to do, and since it isn't really something that is top priority it might be better just to use an existing field that can serve the same purpose easily despite not being as neat as you put it. :P

This, yeah.

I would suggest contacting Lilshu about this (I'm presuming he'll read this eventually anyway) to see the logistics of something like this.

I think this is a good idea, there are a lot of custom entry fields for things that haven't been used much since the "new" forums were released. If we are going to have them for those we should have one for something that is actually used.

Edited by Shooter585

This, yeah.

I would suggest contacting Lilshu about this (I'm presuming he'll read this eventually anyway) to see the logistics of something like this.

It is actually insanely easy to add these functions as there is a style page specifically made for that section of the profiles. Simple style edit and it's done in a matter of 30 seconds. It literally takes thirty seconds to add this. Please research! I said in my first post that this is a very simple edit. I would not give you something too crazy but hey, not my website! I can only suggest!

EDIT::

http://community.invisionpower.com/resources/documentation/index.html/_/documentation/administrator-control-panel/members-tab/members-manage-custom-profile-fields-r98

http://designscore.blogspot.ca/2013/08/clickable-custom-profile-fields-on.html

Seems that it is even easier now and is handled by an IPB application, if this cannot be added then i really...just dont know lol

Edited by Iamyouronly

Yeah, didn't know it was this easy as well.

Might as well add it :P. @lilshu

Edited by Sobend

Woohoo! Sweet!

Got this while streaming today:

fe47cb6bf8fa858174003ff88dd580e1.png

I always thought streaming was weird... why would somebody watch somebody else play a game? Then I realized (while I was thinking this) I was watching a college basketball game.

I always thought streaming was weird... why would somebody watch somebody else play a game? Then I realized (while I was thinking this) I was watching a college basketball game.

Funny thing is im only streaming Dom Tower in Legacy, few people view for a bit, then move on, i am streaming lowest quality too atm was fiddling with the in game streaming settings.

Any update on this? I punched mine in to my "website" entry field, but it ain't really my website :P

I see that RuneScape now has a twitch setting which I find really awesome. I can't wait to start twitching my awesomeness during skill competitions. I do also agree with other people though it may just not be used enough to justify it on Sals Realm.

Many people come to sal's to only share videos and other things they have done, i could see the same being done for twitch channels, if only there was a place to put it...

Anyways i'm over this now, clearly not happening, mod close please thank you

REQUEST DENIED

Sorry, but I want to leave this open. Lilshu, have you tried to do this?

Finally makes Twitch option

No one uses it :(

It's all about the effort.

Yay!

Although, it would make more sense for it to be a link.... setting something like "href='http://www.twitch.tv/{CUSTOM_ENTRY_FIELD}" would make more sense and would allow you to simply put your username and have it displayed in link form, such as my skype one :P

example:

07d33b2839485393213ac44b245f2bbd.png

(make it so that it shows only the username, but is actually a link to the twitch page)

Also i can render a quick twitch icon if you would like :>

Great job though :)

The pain of having multiple skins becomes very apparent :P

Edited by Iamyouronly

Yay!

Although, it would make more sense for it to be a link.... setting something like "href='http://www.twitch.tv...M_ENTRY_FIELD}" would make more sense and would allow you to simply put your username and have it displayed in link form, such as my skype one :P

example:

07d33b2839485393213ac44b245f2bbd.png

(make it so that it shows only the username, but is actually a link to the twitch page)

Also i can render a quick twitch icon if you would like :>

Great job though :)

The pain of having multiple skins becomes very apparent :P

It's already set to show up like that on forum posts.

Just have to setup all the stupid skins to render it properly in profiles.

<3 u :aware: