Sign in to follow this  
Adam?

We Have Too Many Forums

Guys,

We don't have the activity to merit all of these forums

It just exacerbates low activity and hides topics

We should merge a bunch

Let's start out by merging the RP room with the scape lounge

I think the first misconception that we have low activity is that there's a distinct division between those who browse the RuneScape forums and those who don't. Looking at the "View New Content" button reveals:

BcKB1ai.png

The vast majority of posts are in the RuneScape sections. People like myself, who care more about this forum for the sake of being a forum, would naturally be completely oblivious to what's happening there; we just check up on General Chat and shizzle, worrying about the paucity of active topics in those particular places. Anyway, I think it's safe to keep the RuneScape forums as they are.

Onto Forum & Site Talk, I don't see any changes that could be made either. Website and Content Submissions is as organized as it could be, and I don't think we want to mess with the Scape Lounge and Fun 'n' Games, or Website & Forum Announcements, obviously. The other two sections are as active/inactive as they've always been.

That leaves:

2tgj4jy.png

What is there to do here? The two Creativity Corner forums are fairly inactive, but both of them are already the result of 3+ subforum merges, so I don't think that doing that again will work this time around.

The Other Games is quite active, so we can ignore that. Technology: Discussion and Help is active enough, in my opinion, and is already the result of two subforums. I believe the Debate Room is active enough, and even if one argues otherwise, I don't think any forum will want to suffer a merge with it -.-.

That leaves General Chat, Breaking News, and Polls and Surveys. General Chat and Breaking News used to be one, so I guess you could argue for that. Polls and Surveys might fit in as well. I don't know. I just wanted to narrow it down to the only reasonable options.

Edited by Guitarguy

Yeah, there is issues with off topic activity. Not sure why; Sals Realm seems to have had more active off topic than Runescape discussions in the past years up to very recently...

Anyway, as for merging forums I don't have an issue with it, but let's learn from our mistakes. Merging Runescape suggestions with Runescape general wouldn't be a bad idea, but merging clans with Runescape general would effectively kill any clan discussion we could possibly have in the future.

It may seem overwhelming, but there is a lot of content everywhere... roots on the forum dig very deep.