Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dreak

Christian genocide by IS (Islamic state)

http://m.cnsnews.com/mrctv-blog/barbara-boland/leader-isis-systematically-beheading-children-christian-genocide#.U-SSQC75SM9.facebook

I don't find any official reports (even though there is strong evidence of genocide and crimes against humanity)..

I looked up the pictures, I'm horrified, I actually feel sick.. I hope they are fake, but I doubt it..

This is the first time I'm actually going to say this: go America, go bomb the sh out of those monsters...

If a mod finds my post offensive, then I'm sorry, but I'm feeling terrible at the moment..

This is not new in the world and it's not brand new for ISIS either but still pretty horrible. ISIS is definitely a bad bunch. At the same time, I don't see any country intervening because we've tried that before and it doesn't work.

Maybe I'd have a different opinion if I was there though.

bomb ISIS so some other extremist group can take power....rinse and repeat, US soldier is probably the most secure job in the world.

The entire eastern civilization should be set up like farms. If you are a psycho terrorist jihad nutjob, you belong in this square. If you are a christian you belong in this square. Sorry to say but time as shown that people can not get along, segregation is absolutely necessary. There will always be some group or idea that wants to kill another (may be religion or money related) so if THIS sounds mean i'm sorry but it's the only way i'd ever see this world working.

While overinflated & one eyed the story is probably still basically correct, but completely ignores the MANY more thousands of others being similarly persecuted who are of other religions, a good percentage of that other being Islamics who arent in the "correct" sect.

The yanks might as well not bother going "to help" - they'll probably kill half the friendlies that the mission is there to save again & generally piss everyone off more.It would be better to let human nature run its course & leave them alone to just kill each other, there too many people on the planet anyway.

So, the Sunnis being killed by Shiites because they're not Shiites and vice-versa is fine? This has been happening in the area for as long as you've been alive, and you want to "bomb the sh out of these monsters" because Christianity is more relatable?

I don't understand why people are complaining about this story or Dreak's post. Nobody is saying it's fine that Sunnis or anyone else is getting massacred. And yes, it is more relatable and more noticeable. So what? Is this unexpected? Are you going to be more mad if some random someone you've never met has his wife killed or if your wife gets killed?

Edited by Sobend

>CNS News

But yeah the situation in Iraq is pretty horrible, it appears that for the first time in 1900 years there could be no presence of Christians in northwest Iraq just weeks from now.

>CNS News

But yeah the situation in Iraq is pretty horrible, it appears that for the first time in 1900 years there could be no presence of Christians in northwest Iraq just weeks from now.

For the first time in over 1,600 years, Christian Mass is no longer being said in Mosul. Christians are being forced out of their ancient homelands and their places of worship are being destroyed.

Even worse, the thousands of Yazidi people are trapped on a barren mountain, facing starvation and death. Children have died of dehydration. The Yazidi face what could be the end of 6,000 years of history and culture. This is a genocide waiting to happen.

Bombing Iraq isn't an act of war. It's an act of mercy. Unlike other Western adventures in the region, this one has a clear humanitarian objective. The enemy cannot be negotiated with and are psychotic by international standards. People are facing a genocide and most importantly, the West has an obligation to these people. It was Western involvement in Iraq and Western incompetence in Syria that helped cause this mess. The West has an obligation to help or risk seeing another genocide play out on Prime Time TV.

So, the Sunnis being killed by Shiites because they're not Shiites and vice-versa is fine? This has been happening in the area for as long as you've been alive, and you want to "bomb the sh out of these monsters" because Christianity is more relatable?

Bah, well done sir, you just messed up my whole morning, thank you.

These are CHILDREN we're talking about, which is happening right now where not a single newspaper ever said anything about. As you said, the killing of Sunnis has been happening for a long time, why would I post something about that now? I don't think massacres in one area are better or worse than any other massacre, but the fact that innocent children get BEHEADED simply because they have an other believe (FYI: I'm not christian at all, I think all religions are equally stupid), simply infuriates me.

Bombing Iraq isn't an act of war. It's an act of mercy. Unlike other Western adventures in the region, this one has a clear humanitarian objective. The enemy cannot be negotiated with and are psychotic by international standards. People are facing a genocide and most importantly, the West has an obligation to these people. It was Western involvement in Iraq and Western incompetence in Syria that helped cause this mess. The West has an obligation to help or risk seeing another genocide play out on Prime Time TV.

You downvote my comment, and then say something as daft as 'The Western World will deal with it'.

So what do you propose then? Kill all ISIS and leave the country again? Let another power rise up and hate another group or possibly the same group of people that ISIS hates? Or take the people ISIS hates out of the country and put them somewhere else? Cause that worked SO EXCELLENT LAST TIME (sarcasm intensifies)

I guess you can argue the fact that the US pulled out and packed up in such a fashion that allowed this power to rise, so you see they have some responsibility within the country. I agree with you on that, but to entirely blame the western world for the eastern turmoil. Not a chance :P

Edited by Iamyouronly

You downvote my comment, and then say something as daft as 'The Western World will deal with it'.

So what do you propose then? Kill all ISIS and leave the country again? Let another power rise up and hate another group or possibly the same group of people that ISIS hates? Or take the people ISIS hates out of the country and put them somewhere else? Cause that worked SO EXCELLENT LAST TIME (sarcasm intensifies)

I guess you can argue the fact that the US pulled out and packed up in such a fashion that allowed this power to rise, so you see they have some responsibility within the country. I agree with you on that, but to entirely blame the western world for the eastern turmoil. Not a chance :P

What is the alternative? We watch Kurdistan get overrun and the Yazidi get massacred on Prime Time TV? These are targeted strikes aimed at halting the ISIS advance and giving the Kurds some breathing room.

You have psychopaths beheading children man. The blood of hundreds of thousands would be on the hands of Western leaders if they do nothing.

I ask anyone opposed to this action; What's the alternative? What's YOUR alternative?

Edited by Phoenix Rider

Well, like it or not, by having continued the conflict in Iraq past its sell-by date, President Obama has forced himself into a corner, however, I think it's now a good time to start asking this question:

What is the endgame?

I don't mean how to contain Putin or how to have a democracy that protects minorities in Syria. I mean, what is the point of all these low-intensity conflicts that we start, involve ourselves in, or support a side in?

How many costly low-intensity campaigns will we partially fund before we start figuring out our reasoning for doing this?

Unfortunately, as with so much else in his foreign policy, Obama's decision to engage in airstrikes against ISIL leaves more questions than answers. It doesn't really resolve the crisis of meaning that has plagued this administration since day one. I agree, on some level, that it is the right thing to do, but we need to start figuring out just what the hell we're trying to do at some point.

I know handegg analogies, so I'll use a handegg analogy.

Whenever you line up your defense against an opponent, there's a plan. Sometimes, you have your players play man coverage. Sometimes, they play assigned zones and cover any opposing player who enters that zone. Sometimes, some of the cornerbacks or linebackers, or even a safety or two might just rush the quarterback. But there's a plan. The kind of foreign policy the President has been running doesn't involve much planning. It's just "react to the situation however feels good at the time."

That's not a way to run a foreign policy. That's a good way to get #rekt.

Edited by Thomas Jefferson

With the general political environment, and the eyes of the world watching & condemning most of the time, no war/police action will ever be completely settled in modern times.

ISIS have obviously realised this, and have reverted to the battle tactics of Ghengis Khan & the mongols, total obliteration of the opposing population, but apparently without the mercy option that was more often used for total surrender ( after all 1 good example of destruction will cow 10 or more cities). Obama simply needs to decide if he wants to listen to the people or the money machine, & the money will probably win as usual - i wonder how many issues they will cause this time around.

03k61DG.jpg

Classic Archer

You know what else is sad in all of this? It looks that the only solution for this problem seems to be genocide/extermination. As long as nutjobs like ISIS and other extremist groups no matter what religion or ethnic/racial exist shizzle like this will continue happening, because it doesn't matter if America & allies "free" a country because idiots like these never give up and will continue wreaking havoc and committing atrocities in name of God knows what out of ignorance, senseless hate and a proper education.

Well encouraging more investment and development in the Middle East to provide more people with decent opportunities also wouldn't be a bad idea.

But then, it's tough to encourage those kinds of investments with existent instability. Though nobody likes to talk about what Europe was like prior to the modern nationstate…

What is the alternative? We watch Kurdistan get overrun and the Yazidi get massacred on Prime Time TV?

I'm ok with that. It sucks, but that's the world we live in.

That's disgusting. I can't believe you're so apathetic to the cries of women and children. Thank God that someone with your thinking isn't running the White House. These are human lives, not numbers on a fricking game of Risk. The West can do something here and can actually save lives but you're just content on letting children get butchered by madmen. That's just great.

Well encouraging more investment and development in the Middle East to provide more people with decent opportunities also wouldn't be a bad idea.

Kurdistan, the great economic miracles of the region is being threatened by madmen. Surely if we're going to get on with that development plan of yours, we can start by protecting a secular, democratic society from genocide?

Edited by Phoenix Rider

What is the alternative? We watch Kurdistan get overrun and the Yazidi get massacred on Prime Time TV?

I'm ok with that. It sucks, but that's the world we live in.

I have to admit, if nothing else, that I'm not a big fan of cultural genocide.

You have psychopaths beheading children man. The blood of hundreds of thousands would be on the hands of Western leaders if they do nothing.

I find that to be an absolutely ridiculous notion. If a cancer patient dies, is their death on me because I didn't seek out people who need bone marrow, drive a thousand miles to see them, and spend a month in the hospital to save them?

You're comparing apples to oranges, I think. And besides, if the world leaders don't have some sort of duty to protect the world, then society in general does. I'm not sure I'd go and say that we have their blood on our hands by staying away, but I don't think it's outrageous to feel like you have a moral duty.

I find that to be an absolutely ridiculous notion. If a cancer patient dies, is their death on me because I didn't seek out people who need bone marrow, drive a thousand miles to see them, and spend a month in the hospital to save them?

You're comparing apples to oranges, I think. And besides, if the world leaders don't have some sort of duty to protect the world, then society in general does. I'm not sure I'd go and say that we have their blood on our hands by staying away, but I don't think it's outrageous to feel like you have a moral duty.

That and it's more like watching a child slowly bleed to death on the pavement without doing s*** then walking off afterwards saying, "Meh, s*** happens.".

Well it probably won't be the perfect happy ending everyone wants, but something has to be done.

As Edmund Burke once said - "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"

Overused quote in situations like this one sure, but there's truth it in. If the USA & allies intervene they (we) will likely suffer losses of course, and while it doesn't make it ok I'm sure there are soldiers who are soldiers because they want to do the right thing and protect those who can't defend themselves no matter where they are from.

In a civilized world it is the duty of the strong to help and protect the weak, and only when we're able to do it and eradicate these terrorist fanatic groups we can hope to move towards a better future where shizzle like this will be nothing but bad memories of dark times.

Doing nothing shouldn't be an option, because then nothing will change. Ex nihilo nihil fit

America has no personal stake in these matters. As of right now, America is aiding Syrian rebels to fight against ISIS, providing humanitarian aide to refugees in Northern Iraq, and performing strategic air raids on ISIS military locations and supplies (allowing Kurd fighters to take back, most recently, Mahmour and Gweyr).

What more do you want done, a physical presence inside Iraq? For what purpose? This isn't our land, country, or problem. This is a problem for Syria, Iraq, Iran, and Turkey to handle for now.

America will continue with military support for countries that it is welcomed in (Israel, Qatar, UAE, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait), but as far as I'm aware there's no reason (other than humanitarian) to intervene in Iraq.

The Kurdish Peshmerga just needs some breathing room and air support. They've proven themselves to be an effective fighting force and targeted strikes on ISIS's convoys, long range artillery and fortifications should tip the balance of power.

The Kurds have the cultural and political cohesion needed to form a democratic state and they are extremely pro-US and pro-Western. Give them the necessary military and economic support and they can push back ISIS and provide refuge for the affected minorities.

It's time that we abandon the concept of Iraq and focus on what really matters which is Kurdistan which is poised to become an economic power and key Western outpost. If Kurdistan falls, not only do we see a genocide and the loss of 20 years or rebuilding and hard work, we also will see ISIS gain a permanent foothold in Northern Iraq and spread like a cancer to other Mid East countries like Jordan and Lebanon.

So much is at stake. Millions of lives are threatened here. Do not mask your apathy as pacifism or pragmatism. Things can be done, we just needs guys to step up and do it.

I mean what is realistically going to be the outcome of intervening?

The saving of thousands of innocent human lives and the preservation of Kurdistan. The Kurds and Iraqis aren't expecting boots on the ground but for Christ's sake, don't let them get slaughtered when you guys have the means to prevent it.

America will continue with military support for countries that it is welcomed in (Israel, Qatar, UAE, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait), but as far as I'm aware there's no reason (other than humanitarian) to intervene in Iraq.

The Kurds have been a loyal Western ally for decades. They're offering the West oil, a cultural and political outpost in a volatile region and refuge for thousands of innocent people facing genocide. They welcome Western presence and they're asking for help. There's every reason to intervene.

Edited by Phoenix Rider

Well the kurds are only making recent progress because of US air support...

You can't seriously expect America to put its lives at stake everytime a radical group in the least stable part of the world is convinced they need to wipeout EVERYONE that's different.

Keep supporting those that are rational, let them hold out and setup the area under their control. But don't add American lives to the death toll.

There won't be American lives lost in the campaign President Obama has undertaken. IS is even less technologically-capable than the already-hapless Libyan military. The Peshmerga will probably wipe out northern Iraq's IS presence in a manner of weeks or a couple of months with continued US and Iraqi CAS. It would be nice if the Iraqi Air Force was a little bigger, though, as they'd be able to do this without US assistance if it was.

There won't be American lives lost in the campaign President Obama has undertaken.

Yea that's what I'm saying. Don't know what else these people want done.