Sal's RuneScape Forum
Young Leo

Robin Williams dead at 63

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-28749702

US actor Robin Williams has been found dead, aged 63, in an apparent suicide, California police say.

Marin County Police said he was pronounced dead at his home shortly after officials responded to an emergency call around noon local time.

Williams was famous for films such as Good Morning Vietnam and Dead Poets Society and won an Oscar for his role in Good Will Hunting.

He had been open in the past about his struggles with alcohol and drugs.

He had recently returned to a rehabilitation centre to "fine-tune" his sobriety, the Los Angeles Times reported in July.

"At this time, the Sheriff's Office Coroner Division suspects the death to be a suicide due to asphyxia, but a comprehensive investigation must be completed before a final determination is made," police said in a statement.

In a statement, Williams' wife, Susan Schneider, said she was "utterly heartbroken".

"On behalf of Robin's family, we are asking for privacy during our time of profound grief. As he is remembered, it is our hope the focus will not be on Robin's death, but on the countless moments of joy and laughter he gave to millions."

Williams had three children from previous marriages.

The actor was first known for his zany portrayal of an alien in the 1970s TV show Mork and Mindy.

He was a regular stand-up comedian while continuing to act in such films as Good Morning Vietnam, Dead Poets Society, Mrs Doubtfire and as the voice of the genie in Aladdin.

While many of his roles were in comedies, Williams won the Oscar in 1998 for best supporting actor as a therapist in Good Will Hunting.

Fellow comedian Steve Martin tweeted he "could not be more stunned by the loss of Robin Williams, mensch, great talent, acting partner, genuine soul."

;-;

Here's the official Coroner's statement on the 9-1-1 call and discovery http://www.marinsher...ploads/855.pdf

The official press conference is tomorrow http://www.marinsher...uploads/854.pdf

This is the biggest loss of the year for everyone. Everyone had a connection to at least one of Robin's roles. Mainstream media gives me a headache and will milk the living :censored: out of this, I'm avoiding at all costs.

Edited by Alt-J

This caught me by surprise. I first saw it here. I didn't realize he was even close to suicidal. You see comedians laughing and think they would never even think of doing that.

Well I'm pretty shocked. Didn't think he'd commit suicide, he really didn't look the type. I obviously didn't met him and everything I know about him is the little I've read and assumptions based on his movie characters, and he seemed to be a pretty cool and fun guy. Really unexpected.

Sad news. Hope he's in peace now.

RIP, funny guy. He always seemed a little eccentric, but I didn't know he had any depression/drugs issues.

Shocker! He was my favorite comedian, no other comedian came close, as far as I'm concerned. Such a shame

He always struck me as a happy old man. I guess that wasn't the case. The man had so much talent. What a waste.

I posted this on my Facebook account, I feel like it's worth sharing here.

Yes, suicide is a horrible thing, but what I never understood is why people wait until someone's gone to start caring. When it's too late, then people start saying they would've been there for the person and done everything they could. But if people really had their money where their mouth was, then the person would more than likely have been saved because they had the support they wanted and the help that they needed.

Why don't people start not caring after it's too late, but start caring before? It's tragic what happened to Robin, I understand this. But there's nothing we can do for him now. What we need to be doing is lending our hearts and ears to those people who may be going through the same thoughts that he did BEFORE they do anything, and prevent another case of suicide instead.

It's funny how nobody cares until you're gone. RIP Robin Williams, July 21, 1951 – August 11, 2014.

And while I'm at it, if you're having these thoughts please feel free to message me. If you're too intimidated for any reason to message me, message a friend and talk to them. Someone close, someone you trust. If you can't trust any of them, here's the number for the American Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255

Edited by Cody Michael