Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guitarguy

Birthdays

birthdays of more trivial members will be celebrated where they otherwise wouldn't.

Yeah come on guys Micael needs some love.

We should also probably consolidate all achievements (while we're at it, let's just say any discussions at all) into one topic too, cause I mean they're just taking up valuable forum space

This is the internet we're talking about here, gotta be careful with frivolous thread making. Might run out of room.

Personally I've always disliked having too many stickies especially when they don't have much of an use, but I feel this isn't the case here. For someone like me a topic like this can be pretty useful as it allows me to wish a happy birthday to members I know but that the majority of the users have no idea who they are. Never liked having to create new topics everytime it's the birthday of someone I know hence why I've taken to using status updates to do it.

We didn't go 'lol ye let's merge the bday threads because forum space.' Mic describes it accurately. I feel like this entire thing is a bit of a non issue, seeing as nobody is being stopped from creating birthday threads. We decided this might be a decent idea because less prominent birthdays could be mentioned here, seeing as nobody makes a topic for them otherwise.

Yeah, I haven't said anything about this, but I agree with the existence of this thread.

I believe most people, such as myself, are more likely to make posts rather than topics. If I see an old friend's birthday is today, but I'm not sure many people would know, I'm not going to make a topic. If one made a topic about an old friend people would be like "WTF who is this guy" or something along those lines. Would I make a post in this topic though? Yes; it's not going to create weird replies by people who don't know who the person is. Micael has already demonstrated this by saying happy birthday to Poison's leader.

As a nod to the other side of argument, I think we can allow birthday topics still to be made. For example if it's Sal's birthday, a person can still make a topic. Or for anyone else for that matter.

I've always liked this idea of having a topic for general conversation that normally wouldn't be posted. Obviously too many isn't great, but a few aren't bad.

---

Anyway, happy birthday to three year old. He was a big user on the old forums and I always liked his posts. Almost forgot about him until I saw his name on the birthday list. Now he is a twenty three year old. Man, he's grown up so fast. :crying:

Happy birthday, Lee M16! I sort of forget what he's like, but I feel like he's important for some reason. -.-

Oh boy, I didn't know Crackity Jones and Jethraw had the same birthday.

Edited by Guitarguy

Happy birthday redmonke and Jethraw.

Happy belated birthday Micael Fatia!!!

A happy belated birthday to Micael Fatia from me too! I just happened to forget and remember on the same days as Sobend. -.-

Happy Birthday Shining mace

Originator/creator of the :rich: smiley.

Happy birthday Jure 7he Kin (I think that was his name), in 2006-2007 one of the best players on Sals.

I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU

BUT MOHORAK'S FEELING 22