Sal's RuneScape Forum
tea pls

Have you changed your name since the start of the "Name Clearing"?

Hey, thought i would take it upon myself to start a small list of people who have changed their names over the course of the name releases. I know a lot of people have, i will post the ones i know for sure but if you have changed it and/or i have missed your name, please post and include both your new name and your old name. :)

I'll take this opportunity to remind people they can update their RS IGN on Sal's forums by simply clicking on the arrow beside your username at the top right of this screen and selecting "My Settings". Alternatively, follow this link and scroll down: http://runescape.salmoneus.net/forums/index.php?app=core&module=usercp

Key:

Old IGN

New IGN

Staff Name Changes

• Wartoc -- Big Lebowski
  • Bwauder -- OfcGFUrself
  • --

Warden Name Changes

• Eternaly Lit -- Gorajo
  • --

Member Name Changes

• xSmiley 420 -- a Smileyface
  • HawkerHunter -- Aquilae
  • Iamyouronly -- toreos
  • CalMeWelshie -- Welshie o2
  • MachoMango -- MangoMan
  • Real higga -- Momma nature
  • PlayTilIDie -- Nxy
  • HippyTree -- HippyTheGrim
  • Kamaswami -- alt-J
  • Tigerwing -- Tyger
  • Renegaderp -- The Renegade
  • Kemosabe -- Orys
  • --

Please post and i will update the list periodically. :)

Edited by Iamyouronly

Some name changes that come to mind:

CalMeWelshie - Welshie o2

MachoMango - MangoMan

PlayTillDie - Nxy

xSmiley420 - a Smileyface

Real higga - Momma nature

HippyTree - HippyTheGrim

I tried to, I'm quite pissed about it actually (was one of the reasons that led to me cancelling my subscription).

I used to have 'NZ', so when the N names were released at 1am here I stayed up to try and secure it again because I really regret changing it. They ended up not even releasing the name at all.

I tried to, I'm quite pissed about it actually (was one of the reasons that led to me cancelling my subscription).

I used to have 'NZ', so when the N names were released at 1am here I stayed up to try and secure it again because I really regret changing it. They ended up not even releasing the name at all.

Bit harsh on yourself for that, you don't know how many other people were waiting, the odds of you getting a 2 digit username are extremely low, not to mention one that stands for your Country, you are battling a few sets of people who want that name, the people who live in NZ and want NZ as their name, and the people who just flatout wanted a 2 digit name. A name is not what makes you what/who you are.

Also, forgot to add you to the list :P

Bit harsh on yourself for that, you don't know how many other people were waiting, the odds of you getting a 2 digit username are extremely low, not to mention one that stands for your Country, you are battling a few sets of people who want that name, the people who live in NZ and want NZ as their name, and the people who just flatout wanted a 2 digit name. A name is not what makes you what/who you are.

Also, forgot to add you to the list :P

I don't know who was battling for the name, but the fact that Jagex didn't even release it did piss me off. I wasn't really playing for a long while anyway, and the reason I ended up cancelling my subscription was the immense difficulty of trying to reach Jagex's customer support. When I eventually used twitter, they just replied with generic answers and then ignored me.

Kemo, if you voluntarily change your name, you have no right to lay claim to that name later on if you change your mind.

Names are deleted about a week before they are released, so it is possible to check beforehand using the friends list rather than waiting and being disappointed. Names are not released if the player shows signs of activity by logging in within the past 6 months.

and even if it was released, honestly you would have had very little chance of acquiring it. A name as desirable as "NZ" likely has hundreds of people who try to claim it, some of whom will have faster internet connections and closer proximity to Jagex's servers. Additionally, if I recall correctly, the batch containing N was released before they introduced dedicated name-change servers, so the name change page would immediately crash under heavy traffic for an indeterminate amount of time.

I personally had a list of over 50 names that I had interest in acquiring, and I failed to get every single one on that list. In this week's batch alone, I had 8 names that I tried to go for, and each and every one was sniped within the first 10 seconds of the name release. In previous batches I would stay up until 5am when the names are first released, then keep trying for the next 3-4 hours because the servers would crash and fail to respond under heavy load, then give up after all my desired names get snatched away one by one while I am helpless to do anything.

One batch I completely missed due to circumstances irl.

To top it off my own #1 name choice was never released despite the fact that they do not show up on the high scores and have never logged on once since I added them to my fl to keep track of the name.

You have no idea how frustrating this "Character name Cleanup" has been for me.

Apologies for ranting.

And that's why you gotta stay true to your log-in name folks. :cheers:

I am not changing my name back to my old name lol, had this name for a few years now (yeah I lucked out with it :P)

Nope never in my 15 (think soon will be if its not yet :D ) years

alaways FUNNY PUPPY :yay: and will stay on this name untill i die :)

lol why it's say am new memeber :cool: i am member 3 years aaaaawwwww

Sent 12 October 2011 - 04:52 AM

Hey there funny puppy,

Welcome to Sal's RuneScape Forum, and thanks for signing up for an account! ice.gif

Edited by funny puppy

If you want to be a regular member you need 15 posts.