Sal's RuneScape Forum

Skills 99 for All Skills?

I am not really sure how it is possible to achieve a level of 99 for all skills. On my older account I was going for a 99 in woodcutting - I reached level 70 (And that took forever).

Can someone explain to me how someone is able to achieve 99's in all skills? Just wondering.

Regards,

Lynnretta

Edited by TragicKingdom

Getting 99 in every skill take a lot of time, for myself it took me 174 days of in game time and this was spread over the course of 8 years.

You shouldn't worry yourself about maxing too much. It's much better to set yourself smaller more achievable goals. Then over time your levels will start adding up and your stats will be higher than you could have ever imagined.

What Dei Wei said, or you could just specialize in a certain aspect of the game rather than try to be good at everything. Me for example, I'm awful at almost all gathering and artisan skills but I'm pretty decent at combat/PvP/Bossing. I have 99 almost all combat skills and only one non-combat 99.

It's a lot better to just set small goals like Dei Wei suggested and just play the game in a manner you like without worrying too much about your levels.

I have been playing over 5 years and still don't have all 99's. Do the skills you enjoy first, or like me the ones that are free. I fished then cooked the fish before I banked them for 2 99's at no cost at all. (This was sharks in Catherby, before Rocktails) The I woodcut then fletched and/ or burned the logs for three others. No, I am not cheap! I am frugal ! Lol

Edited by deke

Aww you guys, I was trying to make her feel better about getting first 99! lol My fish and wc xp are high because they are afkable. I can read and play at the same time:) If you try to talk to me in game and I don't answer, it is because my kindle is propped on lap top over the chat box :P Sometimes if something is going on in clan I drag the chat box over to the right so i can see if i am needed in the conversation. Mostly I am reading or doing office paperwork while fishing. Point is Tragic Kingdom, do as others have said in here, train the skills you like, enjoy the game.

Edited by deke

Thanks, everyone! I am playing again mostly for fun. I am focusing mostly on magic for now. This really is my favorite video game; I have played it for years and keep coming back. I like it because I can treat it as a sort of casual game quite often. I play about 1-2 hours a day.

Lynnretta

Edited by TragicKingdom

This conversation teeters on the fun vs. efficiency debate.

Frankly, if you want to max out a skill, it is best to learn the most efficient way to do it. However, most of the more efficient ways also cost huge amounts of cash, which is why so many maxed players do a lot of "bossing", in order to make the big money necessary to buy certain skills.

For example, one of the more efficient ways to train magic, smithing and mining all at the same time, is to mine gold deposits in the Living Rock Caverns, and use "Superheating" to turn the gold ore into bars. The simply drop the bars. You can bank them and sell them later, but that is not as efficient. Your cost in this method is mainly for the nature runes to do the superheating.

Still, there are some ways in which you can max an account, being reasonably efficient, without blowing huge amounts of cash. And there are ways to make decent cash without bossing.

In any event, good luck. If you want advice on how to max specific sills, feel free to look me up in game or ask herein. :)

Well, I do not plan to focus too much on grinding at this point to achieve max skills. I am focused primarily on Magic. I just restarted with a new account and plan just to enjoy this instead of chopping Yew trees for countless hours just to earn a cape lol. Perhaps a 99 in Magic, though in a couple of years?

Edited by TragicKingdom

Not sure if you know already, but combat is the main way people train magic these days, not alching/cursing/teleporting. XP rates got buffed after the EOC.

I am training my Magic through combat. Fighting many skeletons at this point. What does "EOC" mean? Thanks. :)