• Dawngate
    • Strife
    • Heroes Of Newerth
    • Airmech
    • Smite
    • Heroes of the Storm? :P
    • Bloodline Champions
    • Warhammer SOV...

Which Moba's do you like and why? I'm currently looking at smite as it's 3rd person and a little different but interested to know what your favorites are and why, what do they have which the others don't?

I play League exclusively but that's more because I've played it for a while, I play it with friends and I enjoy its pro scene (and obviously I enjoy the game a lot). From what I've heard Dota 2 also does a lot of things right, but I have no desire to try it necessarily. I just think League is generally really fun and I think the company behind it is pretty decent which is always nice.

Edited by reepicheep

There are a lot of games there which I have not played, so it is hard for me to say anything, but I would say that of the ones I have touched, DOTA 2 has been the best game. It is just mechanically superior in the sense of complexity and knowledge of game mechanics.

It is a massive game to get into though, and easily not for a pure novice of the MOBA genre, but once you do.. oh man. :D

I've played both League and Dota and I prefer League (maybe because I played it a lot more before I started Dota) mainly because of a couple things:

In League, you have to try to CS a little bit, but not too much. In Dota, it's HARD to CS, which makes me sad. I want to concentrate on dueling my laner, not farming cs... I think it's too hard for no reason.

I like the color scheme more. It's personal preference, but I like how in League I feel powerful and cool - I don't get that feeling in Dota. When I play champions in League, I feel AWESOME when I use my ult and destroy someone (just an example). In dota, I don't really get that feeling with anyone except Phoenix (so I like Phoenix in Dota).

However, Dota is much more complex, there are a lot more small things, but, also what I like more about League is that they try to make everyone relatively equal. In Dota, the supports are basically just ward nice doggy!es, where as in League, supports do a lot more than just ward and cast abilities.

It all comes down to personal preference, though.

Actually, I would say that Dota tends to have more "Overpowered" abilities when compared with League of Legends equivalents, simply because of how Dota balancing works. I find League to be a slower paced game, while Dota is far more action intense even before lane creeps spawn, if your lineup revolves around it. Chances are, if you did not feel powerful as a Dota hero, you either picked a hero that is not a powerhouse (or come "online" in terms of power under specific conditions), or you simply did not get the necessary economy to be ready to fight.

The entire last hit/deny phase of Dota is a big part of the game, and it can take some getting used to, but it really does train you to be good at reactions, timing and situational awareness, which generally make you a better player. Not to mention that, if you feel that sucks, pick a jungler or a heavy ganker who only needs experience to get levels, then gank for gold. :P

In Dota, the supports are basically just ward nice doggy!es, where as in League, supports do a lot more than just ward and cast abilities.

This is completely wrong, and if that is your impression of supports, then you either play them wrong or you have met bad supports.:P

Does supports ward and cast abilities? Yeah, but they are also the gankers since supports dominate early game. They are the heroes behind the tower pushes, as well as generally being the top disablers or buffers. You will usually not get a 5-kill rampage on a Support, but your impact in the game is larger than the carry, especially in the early and mid game where they are pretty much top of the pack, and after that, they control fights and initiate combat.

I play DOTA and LoL because those are the only games that my friends play.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.