Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sobend

Transformers Universe Shutting Down

It's not directly Runescape related but it could indireclty affect Runescape

So Jagex is shutting down Transformers Universe, that game Jagex put tons of money into and was expecting to possibly be a breakthrough. Source: http://www.pcgamer.c...end-of-january/

So what does this mean for the future of Jagex? Can they ever make another successful game or should they just stick to Runescape?

Edited by Sobend

This is surprising, I've heard positive reviews of the game. Was going to try it out at some point. Guess they're stuck with Runescape.

Also, at the start of November they also shut down the whole Runescape spanish community. Things must be getting critical at Jagex.

Who would've guessed lol.

The only successful game Jagex ever created is RuneScape, they're far from being expert game developers. I guess they're trying to expand and get better which is understandable and admirable that they don't want to live off RuneScape only, but they should pick their projects wisely and hire more experienced people rather than all the youtubers and streamers they are always hiring for who knows what reason.

Anyway not sure if this is true but I've always felt all the stunts Jagex pulled to milk money from the RuneScape community were in part to fuel this project (and other similar ones), so maybe with some luck the Solomon and other give-us-real-money-for-cosmetic-shizzle-and-other-benefits updates will become less frequent now.

Edited by Micael Fatia

I guess the fact I never even heard of this game in my life goes to show it probably didn't get the advertisements it needed. I suppose it's also possible I live under a rock.

I remember that JaGEx was contracted to make a Transformers game for Hasbro, but I was surprised to learn that it actually was produced. That is poor marketing for you, right there. There is not a single reason as to why I would not know about this game, since I frequent gaming hubs rather frequently. If I did not know about it, then the marketing machine totally failed this game.

Hopefully there are less promos shoved in our face now, though I guess it's in our best interests for Jagex to do well

Anyway not sure if this is true but I've always felt all the stunts Jagex pulled to milk money from the RuneScape community were in part to fuel this project (and other similar ones), so maybe with some luck the Solomon and other give-us-real-money-for-cosmetic-shizzle-and-other-benefits updates will become less frequent now.

Idk man latest game update:

bK0BN3s.png

A last desperate attempt to keep Transformers Universe going perhaps? That annoying ad was added to the game before they announced the end of TU by a few days I believe. :P

But yeah it's pretty unlikely they'll stop, one can hope though.

I'm not surprised.

Funorb shut down in less than a year and 8realms never made it out of beta.

The success of RS is largely due to the momentum from having a large playerbase, and has deluded Jagex into thinking that they are actually competent game developers. I hope this failure finally opens their eyes, though given their track record I don't have high hopes.