Sal's RuneScape Forum
Forrest Jump

PC Gaming Club

The gaming year of 2014  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What was the biggest disappointment of 2014?

• Assassin's Creed: Unity
    • Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
    • Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2
    • Destiny
    • Elder Scrolls: Online
    • The Sims 4
    • Thief
    • Sid Meyer's Civilization: Beyond Earth
    • Watch Dogs
    • Wildstar
  2. 2. What was the best game of 2014?

• Dark Souls 2
    • Divinity: Original Sin
    • Dragon Age: Inquisition
    • Far Cry 4
    • FIFA 2015
    • Heroes of Warcraft
    • Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
    • SMITE
    • South Park: Stick of Truth
    • Wolfenstein: The New Order
  3. 3. What is the most anticipated game of 2015?

• Assassin's Creed: Victory
    • Batman: Arkham Knight
    • EVOLVE
    • Grand Theft Auto 5
    • Just Cause 3
    • Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain
    • Saints Row: Gat out of Hell
    • Star Wars: Battlefront
    • The Witcher 3
    • Tom Clancy's The Division

AH HEART! HEART IS GOOD!

BE GOOD TO HEART!

DON'T TEAR OUT HEART!

HEART IS GOOD!

STRONG BEATING GOOD HEART!

Hey, is that my car?

Oh, Glottis :wub:

dota2 1070 hours played

don't blame your steam library

it's only a few games bigger than mine

blame dota the real cause :P

Are the words cyka blyat part of your common vocabulary now?

You are quoting the wrong guy. He was checking how much I have played DOTA, and yes, it is. >.<

In soviet Russia, nice doggy!es fudge you

dota2 1070 hours played

don't blame your steam library

it's only a few games bigger than mine

blame dota the real cause :P

Are the words cyka blyat part of your common vocabulary now?

You are quoting the wrong guy. He was checking how much I have played DOTA, and yes, it is. >.<

In soviet Russia, nice doggy!es fudge you

I swear, there are are as many Russians in European servers, that there are Russians in Ukraine. It is getting out of hand. :P

Thanks for the (new?) poll. I really felt Beyond Earth didn't live up to the hype, and I'm glad I waited on purchasing it. I'm most excited for GTA V, I just hope the port to PC is fantastic, because I had a lot of difficulties running IV on my laptop. (Yes, I said laptop..)

damnit damnit damnit

I haven't even finished the rereleased Grim Fandango yet and GOG is there with my other favorite adventure game Toonstruck

http://www.gog.com/game/toonstruck

now only Discworld 2 left (and the other 2 ones too maybe) and the pack is complete for what I care

damnit damnit damnit

I haven't even finished the rereleased Grim Fandango yet and GOG is there with my other favorite adventure game Toonstruck

now only Discworld 2 left (and the other 2 ones too maybe) and the pack is complete for what I care

He's creeping up behind you

Hollywood superstar Shia LaBeouf gee oh gee dot com

damnit damnit damnit

Amen. I want both Discworld and Discworld 2 on GOG. If we are lucky, they would port Discworld Noir too, since I never played that. :(

damnit damnit damnit

Amen. I want both Discworld and Discworld 2 on GOG. If we are lucky, they would port Discworld Noir too, since I never played that. :(

you mean you know nothing about a dwarf named Al Khali???

or about the end boss "Nylonathatep", the laddering horror

shame :(

I am absolutely clueless about Discworld Noir, aye. I never got a hold of it, sadly. I should find an emulator for it, really. :P

Anyone see the footage of Sid Meier's starships?

No, would it be possible for you to post a link here? I don't even know where to look.

Anyone see the footage of Sid Meier's starships?

No, would it be possible for you to post a link here? I don't even know where to look.

It looks like a spin-off of Beyond Earth. You get to choose the affinity you favoured and it sends you 1,000 into the future after the last game except you control starships now. It's a great concept though after Beyond Earth, I'm not as hyped as one tends to be when Mr. Meier releases games.

Edited by Phoenix Rider

It seems to have both potential to be very interesting or very boring. The mechanics and such seem promising, but a game that will be basically 70% looking at the black of the space can get annoying after a while. Still it's a game I'd be willing to give a try for sure.

It seems to have both potential to be very interesting or very boring. The mechanics and such seem promising, but a game that will be basically 70% looking at the black of the space can get annoying after a while. Still it's a game I'd be willing to give a try for sure.

Exactly what I was thinking. I reminded me of those mods they had around for Civ 4. Just a re-textured Civ map in space. He better have more stuff under his sleeves to wow us considering that he'll be competing against games like Galactic Civilizations 3 and Sins of a Solar Empire (loved that game btw).

On that note, there's this indie game in development called "The Mandate" for you space strategy fans out there. It seems really promising.

http://www.mandategame.com/

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1964463742/the-mandate/posts

Exactly what I was thinking. I reminded me of those mods they had around for Civ 4. Just a re-textured Civ map in space.

I think the main difference will be that it will be a re-texture of civ 5 this time round

(just like beyond earth)

Exactly what I was thinking. I reminded me of those mods they had around for Civ 4. Just a re-textured Civ map in space.

I think the main difference will be that it will be a re-texture of civ 5 this time round

(just like beyond earth)

And stripped of the things that made the original game great. <_< At least the mods had character.

Edited by Phoenix Rider

in the meantime GOG released a HD version of "seven kingdoms 2" which was my absolute favorite strategy game as a kid

far superior to age of empires and it's peers

in the meantime GOG released a HD version of "seven kingdoms 2" which was my absolute favorite strategy game as a kid

far superior to age of empires and it's peers

Eat shizzle, fryhtans

One of the awesome things about the game industry stagnating is that they are looking at remastering, and re-releasing, older titles. I am so glad companies are starting to port titles from past systems to the PC, because that means I get to play games I otherwise missed out on. :D

I can dream that maybe one day Steam will have Digimon World 1. I was pretty obsessed with that game (and Digimon in general) when I was 10, and so were my closest friends. Good times.

One of the awesome things about the game industry stagnating is that they are looking at remastering, and re-releasing, older titles. I am so glad companies are starting to port titles from past systems to the PC, because that means I get to play games I otherwise missed out on. :D

emulation

Anyway, has anyone tried Besiege?

emulation

Yeah, but I have gotten rather guilty about having so much money and pirating stuff. I would just prefer to have it on Steam, to be fair. :P

emulation

Yeah, but I have gotten rather guilty about having so much money and pirating stuff. I would just prefer to have it on Steam, to be fair. :P

Well, my sister kept overwriting my games on the Nintendo DS (to be fair, it was hers), so I just went "ah, screw that" and emulated it on my PC, much to her dismay. :P

Strategy fans should also be looking out for Cities Skylines by Paradox this year.

IGN managed to try it already and it looks like it's the game that we expected the new Sim City to be. Larger cities that allow you to micromanage, off-line single player, modding tools and a transport/play system based of Paradox's Cities in Motion game. I have a great deal of respect for Paradox as a game developer so I'll definitely be pre-ordering getting this game.

Edited by Phoenix Rider

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.