Sal's RuneScape Forum
Forrest Jump

PC Gaming Club

The gaming year of 2014  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What was the biggest disappointment of 2014?

• Assassin's Creed: Unity
    • Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
    • Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2
    • Destiny
    • Elder Scrolls: Online
    • The Sims 4
    • Thief
    • Sid Meyer's Civilization: Beyond Earth
    • Watch Dogs
    • Wildstar
  2. 2. What was the best game of 2014?

• Dark Souls 2
    • Divinity: Original Sin
    • Dragon Age: Inquisition
    • Far Cry 4
    • FIFA 2015
    • Heroes of Warcraft
    • Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
    • SMITE
    • South Park: Stick of Truth
    • Wolfenstein: The New Order
  3. 3. What is the most anticipated game of 2015?

• Assassin's Creed: Victory
    • Batman: Arkham Knight
    • EVOLVE
    • Grand Theft Auto 5
    • Just Cause 3
    • Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain
    • Saints Row: Gat out of Hell
    • Star Wars: Battlefront
    • The Witcher 3
    • Tom Clancy's The Division

anyone else here who played civ beyond earth who also has the feeling that the game is ridiculously easy or rather that the AI simply forgets to win?

to be specific, I played 3 games already and won all 3, 2 on normal and one on hard

especially in that last game on 'hard' it was simply silly, I went for a 'purity' win in this game for the first time and thsu made quite a few mistakes along the way

an opponent got his gate (the wonder needed) built 7 or 8 turns before mine was finished and yet didn't manage to get his win in before mine, even tho I forgot to "transport" a settler from earth through that gate multiple times

in all logic he should have won 10 turns before me, or 5 at least if he would have had trouble finding suitable settling spots on the map

aside from that there were other mayor issues too, in my first game I was at war almost constantly with 2 neighbours, while no aggressive action was taken most of the time they however kept sending "trade units" through one of my cities (with a garrison) which gave me 100 Gold pieces energy each turn...

seriously...

a civ 5 game on the biggest map I can win each time on 'hard' as long as I concentrate

a game in BE I can win even if I fudge up several times along the way...

Yeah, the AI is fairly lame. Also waaaaay too passive.

hahahahahahaha console peons

EBpeLUt.png

:P

frankly I doubt I could dial it up to what my rig can handle at max, that being 5120x2880 :P

max I experienced so far was 2560x1440 for bioshock infinite

(snip)

frankly I doubt I could dial it up to what my rig can handle at max, that being 5120x2880 :P

We're talking about normal people here, you know

EBpeLUt.png

Dude, he clearly used the phrase "Peons". Give it about 10 years and your computer might be peon-ish, but not until then. :P

That said, I love that reply. Console gaming is really holding back the visual progress of games. My 2-3 year old PC is going to be more powerful than any current-generation console. Sheesh, master race for teh win.

I dialed up my skyrim to 4K the other day, it was the most glorious 17FPS of my life.

I could probably get 60fps at 4K too if I disabled my ENB, but what would be the point?

I dialed up my skyrim to 4K the other day, it was the most glorious 17FPS of my life.

I could probably get 60fps at 4K too if I disabled my ENB, but what would be the point?

back in my days we played at 320x200 and WE LIKED IT

You had to walk uphill both ways to the arcade too, right? In a snowstorm, even during summer?

You had to walk uphill both ways to the arcade too, right? In a snowstorm, even during summer?

Arcade? PAH! What did we know of "ar-ca-de"? Old Commodores scavenged from older brothers, THAT was the way we had it back then! And we HAD to like it! Apogee games for teh win!

(Seriously, though - there WAS an arcade in my hometown, but the cost of a game was rather high).

I want Halo on Steam so I can actually try the series and check out the hype and also Final Fantasy 6 + Tactics. :(

I want Halo 3 on steam just to relive the campaign. I loved that thing.

Also I loved the Multiplayer.

GAH so much fun!

We should attempt to organize a Sals Civ V battle, has potential to be a lot of fun. Would anyone here be interested? I know quite a few of you have the game. :P

We should attempt to organize a Sals Civ V battle, has potential to be a lot of fun. Would anyone here be interested? I know quite a few of you have the game. :P

never played it in multiplayer and dunno if I can free the time needed for it

I however would like to try it

also pre ordered pillars of the earth yesterday which is released tomorrow

it's the new game from the guys who made Neverwinter nights 2 and a ton of other D&D games but this time it's setting of their own creation

first reviews are real good so decided not to wait

Edited by Egghebrecht

...Pillars of Eternity, nub. :cute:

I am very hyped for that game, but... I can only really zerg through games during Easter or Summer. I will try to finish a lot of games during Easter as time permits it (and avoid a lot of DOTA), then see if I can pick it up before Summer. :P

I have followed its development quite closely though, and it looks to be great. Warning though: No AI on companions, so everything is min-max at the moment before they can make and patch in companion AI. It is very Baldur's Gate and IceWind Dale in that regard. :P

...Pillars of Eternity, nub. :cute:

I am very hyped for that game, but... I can only really zerg through games during Easter or Summer. I will try to finish a lot of games during Easter as time permits it (and avoid a lot of DOTA), then see if I can pick it up before Summer. :P

I have followed its development quite closely though, and it looks to be great. Warning though: No AI on companions, so everything is min-max at the moment before they can make and patch in companion AI. It is very Baldur's Gate and IceWind Dale in that regard. :P

Oh gawd I keep confusing the book with the game :P

also:

55a95f7028fa6f6f33ade239f4ee6e4c.png

Almost!

Edited by Egghebrecht

That would be amazing, the only problem would be coordinating it. We would all have to be playing at the same time, no? Or else does the game save the moves of everyone else and then wait? Because in that regard it would take months to play haha.

Yeah we'd have to be all on at the same time. I've personally never hosted one myself, but I heard from Fabio you can save your game and play later when everyone is back on or something of the sort. It'd require some organization but I do believe it can be done. :P

Yeah we'd have to be all on at the same time. I've personally never hosted one myself, but I heard from Fabio you can save your game and play later when everyone is back on or something of the sort. It'd require some organization but I do believe it can be done. :P

It's possible, but recently me and some others have done it and had issues reloading a save. Worked fine previously. Might just be something on our end though.

It's possible, but recently me and some others have done it and had issues reloading a save. Worked fine previously. Might just be something on our end though.

It's all good, it'll probably only take me like 5 minutes tops to wreck you anyway. JqHy61G.png

Speaking from the old Age of Empires 2 thread we used to have, organising a time for such games is nigh impossible. It is something about timezones, and all that. I mean... when a 1-2 hour long Age of Empires match was hard, imagine the logistical nightmare of doing that with a massive game as Civilization. :P

Speaking from the old Age of Empires 2 thread we used to have, organising a time for such games is nigh impossible. It is something about timezones, and all that. I mean... when a 1-2 hour long Age of Empires match was hard, imagine the logistical nightmare of doing that with a massive game as Civilization. :P

It's all good, it'll probably only take me like 5 minutes tops to wreck you anyway. JqHy61G.png

JqHy61G.png

JqHy61G.png

Every fiber in my body wanted me to reply "Them be fighting words, Son", but then I checked your Steam profile and realised you had played Civilization V for 180 hours more than me. It would not take you long, that is for sure. :xd:

JqHy61G.png

Every fiber in my body wanted me to reply "Them be fighting words, Son", but then I checked your Steam profile and realised you had played Civilization V for 180 hours more than me. It would not take you long, that is for sure. :xd:

That doesn't mean anything, I've played more than him and I'm still trash.

JqHy61G.png

Yeah, but you are you, and no one expects you to be anything else than trash. :aware:

Well, quite frankly, I have forgotten most of the game so I would be worse than most people here. It actually does mean quite a bit, because even if he has not played for a while, his understanding of core mechanics after 200 hours would far trump mine. If it was a reaction-based strategy game, player skill would come into account, but in turn based? Nah, you really need to understand the mechanics and sweet spots in terms of timing and so forth. :P

JqHy61G.png

Yeah, but you are you, and no one expects you to be anything else than trash. :aware:

Well, quite frankly, I have forgotten most of the game so I would be worse than most people here. It actually does mean quite a bit, because even if he has not played for a while, his understanding of core mechanics after 200 hours would far trump mine. If it was a reaction-based strategy game, player skill would come into account, but in turn based? Nah, you really need to understand the mechanics and sweet spots in terms of timing and so forth. :P

I played for a while with G&K and BNW... tried a game over my winter interim and had to disable DLC because I forgot how to manage everything at once :P

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.