Sal's RuneScape Forum
Forrest Jump

PC Gaming Club

The gaming year of 2014  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What was the biggest disappointment of 2014?

• Assassin's Creed: Unity
    • Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
    • Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2
    • Destiny
    • Elder Scrolls: Online
    • The Sims 4
    • Thief
    • Sid Meyer's Civilization: Beyond Earth
    • Watch Dogs
    • Wildstar
  2. 2. What was the best game of 2014?

• Dark Souls 2
    • Divinity: Original Sin
    • Dragon Age: Inquisition
    • Far Cry 4
    • FIFA 2015
    • Heroes of Warcraft
    • Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
    • SMITE
    • South Park: Stick of Truth
    • Wolfenstein: The New Order
  3. 3. What is the most anticipated game of 2015?

• Assassin's Creed: Victory
    • Batman: Arkham Knight
    • EVOLVE
    • Grand Theft Auto 5
    • Just Cause 3
    • Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain
    • Saints Row: Gat out of Hell
    • Star Wars: Battlefront
    • The Witcher 3
    • Tom Clancy's The Division

In other news Obsidian is still obsidian, water still wet and fire warm so Pillars of eternity has a pretty big and serious bug upon release

They will never change :P

In other news Obsidian is still obsidian, water still wet and fire warm so Pillars of eternity has a pretty big and serious bug upon release

http://www.reddit.co..._equipment_bug/

Hehehehehe, NOW I'm certain it's Obsidian :P

http://www.reddit.co..._equipment_bug/

Hehehehehe, NOW I'm certain it's Obsidian :P

Still far less bugs than Bethesda. :P

That said... I just finished The Wolf Among Us. Damn, what a game. I really hope they announce a second Season, with that ending. :o

I'd be interested in a Civ 5 game, if you guys ever get one going :). My steam name is "Nitua."

Cities:Skylines is really good, especially with the modding community. Reminds me of when I played Sim City 3000 growing up.

Just finished The Walking Dead: Season 2. God damn it, why does Telltale games have to make good games, but always be so slow on making sequels? :(

Just finished The Walking Dead: Season 2. God damn it, why does Telltale games have to make good games, but always be so slow on making sequels? :(

I suspect that the two are related.

Cities: Skylines is awesome. Just plain awesome. Go get it. it's everything that the new Sim City should have been.

Oh and I've been playing Victoria II lately. It never gets old. Paradox is truly a gem in the gaming industry.

Anyone get MKX off of Steam? Is it bugged like MK9? Every time I go to play MK9 I have to go into the files and delete a certain file then I have to sit there while it reoptimizes the graphics and frankly that's annoying

Edited by Cody Michael

Cities: Skylines is awesome. Just plain awesome. Go get it. it's everything that the new Sim City should have been.

Oh and I've been playing Victoria II lately. It never gets old. Paradox is truly a gem in the gaming industry.

all hail Paradox, Paradox is king Holy Roman Emperor

Meanwhile, speaking of "never gets old", OpenTTD is still bloody addictive despite being 21 years old at its core

After the disappointment A Game of Thrones - Genesis was it's time to give another Game of Thrones (A Telltale Games Series) game a try.

Probably won't be seeing me for the next couple days lol.

Been playing a bit of Magic 2015 too. Finding it somewhat hard. 2014 wasn't too bad, deck editing was non-existent (pretty limited choices) but they had a bunch of decks you could use, and you were free to switch between them. 2015 they basically make you pick a deck and it becomes your starting deck, and then allow you to create another one from scratch. Editing is a lot better since you get a card collection and you can use all the cards in it to create decks, but the limited default deck choices is annoying as heck. I got to a point I need a decent blue deck with counter spells or a strong green deck with big creatures and I'm stuck with my black/red Vampires decks and white/green soldiers deck, both useless against my current challenge. :/

Personally, I am enjoying Hearthstone. Although, while that is said, Heroes of Might and Magic VI and L.A. Noire is next up for me. I am also trying so damn hard to not insta-buy the Witcher 3 upon its release. :(

Paradox is one of two developers I have grown incredibly fond of as of late, with Telltale Games being the other.

Personally, I am enjoying Hearthstone. Although, while that is said, Heroes of Might and Magic VI and L.A. Noire is next up for me. I am also trying so damn hard to not insta-buy the Witcher 3 upon its release. :(

Paradox is one of two developers I have grown incredibly fond of as of late, with Telltale Games being the other.

Bought HoMM6 a while ago, but I'm postponing it for unknown reason. HoMM2 is absolutely my favourite of the series, while most people prefer number 3.

Bought HoMM6 a while ago, but I'm postponing it for unknown reason. HoMM2 is absolutely my favourite of the series, while most people prefer number 3.

I have played around with the game for a while and while it certainly has changed things up from the early installments, they have kept a lot of it and changed up some things. Some for the better, some for worse. Either way, it is fun enough. :P

L.A. Noire is next up for me
L.A. Noire can be incredibly frustrating in some parts, but it's also a great game. The immersion is...friggin' whoa. Also, the bits of humour in dialogue are friggin' hilarious.

Regarding vehicle simulation, however, Mafia is still unbeaten imho

Broken Age Act 2 came out, really enjoyed it. I had played Act 1 earlier, which is also fantastic. My one gripe with the game is that the second act has some puzzles that are tedious or far too obscure, or both.

L.A. Noire can be incredibly frustrating in some parts, but it's also a great game. The immersion is...friggin' whoa. Also, the bits of humour in dialogue are friggin' hilarious.

I didn't enjoy L.A. Noire that much, to be honest. The fact that I used a guide the whole way through didn't help, but I didn't want to deal with some of the more frustrating and unreasonable parts. Spoilers, kind of:

I also thought the story was kind of dumb, to be honest. I see what they tried to do, but I've seen better instances of a perceived hero turning out to be kind of a bad guy. I didn't enjoy it that much.

Edited by reepicheep

Played through the first case ant it was not that bad, but it was fun enough and seems to be a good/great game. That said... I got a bit hooked on Heroes of Might and Magic VI and I have mostly played that. :P

Played through the first case ant it was not that bad, but it was fun enough and seems to be a good/great game. That said... I got a bit hooked on Heroes of Might and Magic VI and I have mostly played that. :P

I've finished ALL the endings of Fallout:NV just yesterday and now I don't know what to play (I'm just downloading stuff from Steam, in anticipation of a period of internetlessness)

I've finished ALL the endings of Fallout:NV just yesterday and now I don't know what to play (I'm just downloading stuff from Steam, in anticipation of a period of internetlessness)

That is very similar to me. I have most of the "Might play" games downloaded, and then I try to go through the ones I have not played before. :P

the banner saga

transistor (if you have a xbox or similar controller)

shadowrun returns dragonfall

my pick for best small and cheap games (all about 12 hours of superb gametime)

I did the same very recently too, as in like two days ago I think, haven't had much sleep lately so I'm not sure. :P

Facing the same dilemma too, trying to find games that will keep me busy & interested. FFVII will for sure, but I've beaten the damn game about 4 times already so I'm not sure how interested it'll keep me.

Game of Thrones was a massive disappointment, not the game itself mind you, it was actually great and interesting, but the fact there's only three episodes out was pretty disappointing. Took me like two-three days to finish it (about 8.8 hours total according to Steam, but like 2 maybe 3 don't count because I was simply too lazy to exit the game and left it on while I was afk lol).

Magic is nice but never manages to keep me interested for long, I keep buying the new ones just out of nostalgia lol.

I seriously need to find a game I'll enjoy and that will keep me busy for a while, but usually games like that are somewhat more expensive than the average and I just can't afford to buy a bunch in hopes to find one I'll like.

the banner saga

transistor (if you have a xbox or similar controller)

shadowrun returns dragonfall

my pick for best small and cheap games (all about 12 hours of superb gametime)

If it is shorter games of great quality, I also recommend...

• The Walking Dead 1 and 2
  • The Wolf Among Us
  • Bastion
  • Trine 1 and 2
  • Mark of the Ninja
  • Hotline Miami

@@Arianna: Why do I not have you added on Steam? :( (Add me. :P )

Edited by Yuanrang

The only person I have from Sals on my steam list is redmonke/whatever-his-name-is-now

feel freed to add me too, SN rangerpl1322

The only person I have from Sals on my steam list is redmonke/whatever-his-name-is-now

feel freed to add me too, SN rangerpl1322

So that's how it's gonna be now huh?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.