Sal's RuneScape Forum
Forrest Jump

PC Gaming Club

The gaming year of 2014  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What was the biggest disappointment of 2014?

• Assassin's Creed: Unity
    • Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
    • Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2
    • Destiny
    • Elder Scrolls: Online
    • The Sims 4
    • Thief
    • Sid Meyer's Civilization: Beyond Earth
    • Watch Dogs
    • Wildstar
  2. 2. What was the best game of 2014?

• Dark Souls 2
    • Divinity: Original Sin
    • Dragon Age: Inquisition
    • Far Cry 4
    • FIFA 2015
    • Heroes of Warcraft
    • Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
    • SMITE
    • South Park: Stick of Truth
    • Wolfenstein: The New Order
  3. 3. What is the most anticipated game of 2015?

• Assassin's Creed: Victory
    • Batman: Arkham Knight
    • EVOLVE
    • Grand Theft Auto 5
    • Just Cause 3
    • Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain
    • Saints Row: Gat out of Hell
    • Star Wars: Battlefront
    • The Witcher 3
    • Tom Clancy's The Division

But just the fact it is a new Fallout game is enough to get our panties in a bunch.

I was just about to say that.

Oh and they put in a dog. Bethesda knows it's consumers so well. ^_^

....up until they put up a "Dog armor" DLC for sale, sure. :P

That said, I am not entirely impressed with a trailer such as this. Most Bethesda reveal trailers tend to be boring, but that does not mean the games themselves are. :P

Volition ruined trailers for me forever

(I am still madly in love with that SR3 trailer, yes, shut up)

Also, OMG FALLOUT fudge graphics give me post apocalyptic goodness

I'm tentatively excited. If it's Fallout with a new story and better graphics (and hopefully some more polished mechanics) I'm down.

I'm tentatively excited. If it's Fallout with a new story and better graphics (and hopefully some more polished mechanics) I'm down.

POLISHED MECHANICS? On a Bethesda game? HAHAHAHAHAHA... :rofl:

I played Fallout 3 a bit but never really got into it that much. Definitely looking at Fallout 4 as a potential new time waster though.

New Game of Thrones (Telltale Games) chapter released yesterday. Best one so far imo, lots of action and interesting storyline developments. Ended with a pretty big cliffhanger, going to suck having to wait so long for the next chapter.

How long is it between episodes? I got the game yesterday and went through the first one, nice cliffhanger. Luckily I get to play through 4 before waiting, so how long should I expect?

New Game of Thrones (Telltale Games) chapter released yesterday. Best one so far imo, lots of action and interesting storyline developments. Ended with a pretty big cliffhanger, going to suck having to wait so long for the next chapter.

How long is it between episodes? I got the game yesterday and went through the first one, nice cliffhanger. Luckily I get to play through 4 before waiting, so how long should I expect?

It usually takes them a few months. My best bet would be July/August.

It usually takes them a few months. My best bet would be July/August.

Thanks for that! I think I'll spread out some time between episodes then, wait a week or so, because if not I'll blow through them too fast like I did with the books and show hahah.

I'm pretty far into the Witcher 3 and I've gotta say it's fantastic. It's better in every way to the second game and it's just such a well written beautiful world. Combat is also really enjoyable I think, though it's done in such a way that I never feel the need to do anything but fast attack, dodge and use a few signs. Not that it's not fun, it just seems like they could've done more. Alchemy is done better, I think, in that you basically craft a potion now and it has a certain amount of doses which you can use whenever. Then, when you meditate it automatically refills all potions/bombs, whatever has hard alcohol as an ingredient, by using whatever alcohol you have in your inventory. All in all definitely worth getting if you like good open world games that are heavily story based.

That being said, they really need to make the crafting UI and stuff a bit better. It only has one button for sorting and it does it in a way that is absolutely not helpful. You may at times have to look very hard to find the item you're looking for which is frustrating. It also has its share of bugs, but it's not too bad. Certainly not anywhere near Fallout/ TES levels :P

Edited by reepicheep

I'm on the road to 100% borderlands 2 i am very close almost completed all side quests :-)

Nice! I really need to get around to 100% a couple final games... I've maxed achievements on a couple big games (and a ton of Indie small ones) but I want to finish up something more substantial. I'm hoping to also pick up Borderlands during the sale. It's only $5 but I just need to make sure I have time to play it :P I hear it can be played for hundreds of hours without tiring out.

road redemption (road rash sequel), the wolf among us and dreamfall chapters so far from the steam sales

not bad at all

That being said, they really need to make the crafting UI and stuff a bit better.

Well, CD Project Red did say that they were going to release RedKit (Their developer kit to make community mods) faster than they did with Witcher 2, so it is entirely likely that you will find a lot of awesome modifications that completely rehaul the UIs in the game. It will probably not be relevant for this playthrough, but considering that CDPR claims their two story-driven DLC expansions are massive, you might get them in time for that. Failing that, there is already subsequent playthroughs. Everything I have heard about the Witcher 3 thus far implies that you should go and replay it, considering it seems to be an outstanding game.

@@Jure primarily: Heroes 6 is one massive game, and it feels a lot like older Heroes games. The only thing I feel is a let down is the skill trees/magic system, but it takes time to get used to. Sunk 106 hours into it thus far, having completed 15.5/20 maps for the original campaign (barring any of the expansion content). The maps are massive and they are challenging.

Edited by Yuanrang

I picked up Rogue Legacy the other day as well, gotta say it's becoming a quick favorite of mine!

I have that because I heard a lot of great things about it, but I never really started it because it primarily seemed to need a controller, and I have never picked it up again after I bought an XBoX controller for Dark Souls. :P

Speaking of which... Dark Souls 2 on sale please. I need more sadistic torture. :(

Well I managed to resist for a couple days... and then went and bought 4 games that are on sale and in my wishlist.

:cry:

PtVa9Wc.png

Lord give me the strength to stop now.

Edited by Micael Fatia

Join the Dark Side! We have empty wallets, but look at all these games....!

Dishonored 2 looks fun, considering you can choose to play as either Emily or Corvo. That might be very interesting.

Fallout 4 actually got me a bit interested, just for the sake of being able to build your own town community and all that. I was also surprised by the release date. 5 months left? That was a surprise. :P

Dishonored 2 looks fun, considering you can choose to play as either Emily or Corvo. That might be very interesting.

Fallout 4 actually got me a bit interested, just for the sake of being able to build your own town community and all that. I was also surprised by the release date. 5 months left? That was a surprise. :P

As long as they don't pull another New Vegas (it could have been the game to end all games if Bethesda left a bit more time for development, instead of insisting on releasing the game to avoid shafting Skyrim), that's alright for me, but given a mid-November release date, eeeeeehhhhh.... :unsure:

I picked up Rogue Legacy the other day as well, gotta say it's becoming a quick favorite of mine!

I have that because I heard a lot of great things about it, but I never really started it because it primarily seemed to need a controller, and I have never picked it up again after I bought an XBoX controller for Dark Souls. :P

Speaking of which... Dark Souls 2 on sale please. I need more sadistic torture. :(

No controller needed! But this is coming from the guy who plays Euro Truck on a keyboard. :lol:

The controls do take a couple of rounds to get used to though, but I would definitely try it again because the game is brilliant.

As long as they don't pull another New Vegas (it could have been the game to end all games if Bethesda left a bit more time for development, instead of insisting on releasing the game to avoid shafting Skyrim), that's alright for me, but given a mid-November release date, eeeeeehhhhh.... :unsure:

Obsidian developed it and Bethesda did the Quality Assurance, actually. That said, Bethesda did a poor QA performance on Fallout: New Vegas.

They did say they had worked on Fallout 4 ever since they released Fallout 3 though, and started full-time after Skyrim was launched. which makes it quite a few years now.

No controller needed! But this is coming from the guy who plays Euro Truck on a keyboard. :lol:

Do you have...something [crackles knuckles] against people playing ETS on a keyboard? Tell me, mr. Chaoss...do you like having working fingers? [crackles neck]

:P

By the way, I make it a point to travel through Norway in low gears all the time, because lol pollution

Obsidian developed it and Bethesda did the Quality Assurance, actually. That said, Bethesda did a poor QA performance on Fallout: New Vegas.
That, and they would have used the extra time to beef up Caesar's territory and make the game playable after the end. Shame. Edited by Arianna

Do you have...something [crackles knuckles] against people playing ETS on a keyboard? Tell me, mr. Chaoss...do you like having working fingers? [crackles neck]

By the way, I make it a point to travel through Norway in low gears all the time, because lol pollution

Ahem, you misunderstand me :P I use a keyboard. I kinda wish I had one of those big steering wheel/gear box/pedal station though!

Ahem, you misunderstand me :P I use a keyboard. I kinda wish I had one of those big steering wheel/gear box/pedal station though!

Ah. Ahem. Oh. Oh dear. Hmph. Whoops. Er.

:box:

Just to reinforce the nerd cred, anyway: http://i.imgur.com/HRIFe1N.jpg

That, and they would have used the extra time to beef up Caesar's territory and make the game playable after the end. Shame.

That is nothing compared to the monumental attrocity that was the end of Fallout 3 though. Talk about last minute fumble on a fantastic game.

So, a few new things came out of E3. These were the things that interested me:

• Final Fantasy 7 might be announced for PS4. Not a port, but a brand new remake.
  • Dark Souls 3 was confirmed, as heavily rumored.
  • showing what the future has in store for us. It feels like we live in the future. :blink:
  • New
    trailer - A traditional Kojima trailer. You have to struggle to process things on an intellectual plane, process all the contrasting visual images and then... "Brotherrrrrrr!". Worst of it all? I still just sit here confused and wondering what the hell he is trolling us with, but my urge to find out just... increases. :xd: (Although... omgwtf Les Enfant terribles? Hax!)
  • Mass Effect: Andromeda, coming Holiday 2016. I want to know more, but I really love Mass Effect so.. Yay. :P

All in all, I am fairly surprised. I am more curious about the next few days, so to already have had many awesome news thus far is just a massive boon.

Edited by Yuanrang

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.