Sal's RuneScape Forum
Forrest Jump

PC Gaming Club

The gaming year of 2014  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What was the biggest disappointment of 2014?

• Assassin's Creed: Unity
    • Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
    • Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2
    • Destiny
    • Elder Scrolls: Online
    • The Sims 4
    • Thief
    • Sid Meyer's Civilization: Beyond Earth
    • Watch Dogs
    • Wildstar
  2. 2. What was the best game of 2014?

• Dark Souls 2
    • Divinity: Original Sin
    • Dragon Age: Inquisition
    • Far Cry 4
    • FIFA 2015
    • Heroes of Warcraft
    • Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
    • SMITE
    • South Park: Stick of Truth
    • Wolfenstein: The New Order
  3. 3. What is the most anticipated game of 2015?

• Assassin's Creed: Victory
    • Batman: Arkham Knight
    • EVOLVE
    • Grand Theft Auto 5
    • Just Cause 3
    • Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain
    • Saints Row: Gat out of Hell
    • Star Wars: Battlefront
    • The Witcher 3
    • Tom Clancy's The Division

Star Wars: Battlefront actually looks fun, but then again, EA is good at scripting "gameplay" videos. It felt "Battlefront-y", though, which is promising.

I picked up Rogue Legacy the other day as well, gotta say it's becoming a quick favorite of mine!

I have that because I heard a lot of great things about it, but I never really started it because it primarily seemed to need a controller, and I have never picked it up again after I bought an XBoX controller for Dark Souls. :P

Speaking of which... Dark Souls 2 on sale please. I need more sadistic torture. :(

No controller needed! But this is coming from the guy who plays Euro Truck on a keyboard. :lol:

Do you have...something [crackles knuckles] against people playing ETS on a keyboard? Tell me, mr. Chaoss...do you like having working fingers? [crackles neck]

:P

By the way, I make it a point to travel through Norway in low gears all the time, because lol pollution

Ahem, you misunderstand me :P I use a keyboard. I kinda wish I had one of those big steering wheel/gear box/pedal station though!

Ah. Ahem. Oh. Oh dear. Hmph. Whoops. Er.

:box:

Just to reinforce the nerd cred, anyway: http://i.imgur.com/HRIFe1N.jpg

Ha! Don't worry you're still good! :heart:

DERpDfF.png

Crusader Kings 2 75% off...[swearing under breath]

DERpDfF.png

Yeah, I've been watching that game for a very long time... I just don't know if I should pull the trigger. It looks really good though, and I really want to play it with the Game of Thrones mod enabled. Ah, maybe i'll just buy it once and for all.

On a semi-related note, I've also wanted the thin wallet in your picture for a couple years... but I can't justify spending $70 on it haha.

DERpDfF.png

Yeah, I've been watching that game for a very long time... I just don't know if I should pull the trigger. It looks really good though, and I really want to play it with the Game of Thrones mod enabled. Ah, maybe i'll just buy it once and for all.

On a semi-related note, I've also wanted the thin wallet in your picture for a couple years... but I can't justify spending $70 on it haha.

Don't get CK2 unless you're down with micromanaging. A fantastic game but I can't play it - I much prefer EU4.

So far I've bought:

-Crypt of the NecroDancer: fantastic roguelite, really enjoying it.

-Mount Your Friends: hilarious 4 player coop.

-Valkyria Chronicles: looks super cool, haven't tried it yet.

I saw you wanted it, saw a massive reddit post which really explained what it was, saw a gameplay video and bought it. If you had not had it on your wishlist, then I would not have bought it. If it is bad, then this is on your shoulders. :cute:

54 minutes to go. Wondering what new deals we will see.

Edited by Yuanrang

I saw you wanted it, saw a massive reddit post which really explained what it was, saw a gameplay video and bought it. If you had not had it on your wishlist, then I would not have bought it. If it is bad, then this is on your shoulders. :cute:

It looks like such a cool game, I'm really hoping it delivers. I got pretty interested in it as soon as it came to PC but it was never cheap enough that I wanted to pick it up.

Assetto Corsa. Christ [redacted] [redacted] pterodactylin' [redacted] [redacted] that game is friggin' awesome. When a game is accurate to the point of reproducing correctly wayside signs, sidewalk guards (!) and waste receptacles - let alone the actual houses - deserved a metric ton of accolades and huzzahs.

If you buy it, you'll have the chance to race where I used to work a while ago. 10/10 would crash into those bloody windows :P

Bonus for @Yuanrang: check the name of the place

Assetto Corsa. Christ [redacted] [redacted] pterodactylin' [redacted] [redacted] that game is friggin' awesome. When a game is accurate to the point of reproducing correctly wayside signs, sidewalk guards (!) and waste receptacles - let alone the actual houses - deserved a metric ton of accolades and huzzahs.

If you buy it, you'll have the chance to race where I used to work a while ago. 10/10 would crash into those bloody windows :P

Bonus for @Yuanrang: check the name of the place

That is pretty cool.

Sadly, I am not much of a fan of racing/driving games. :P

http://i.imgur.com/DERpDfF.png

Damn you to hell Dani :(

AQAUWgl.png

So many games, so little time

10/10 would behead lusitanian infidels again

DERpDfF.png

Don't get CK2 unless you're down with micromanaging. A fantastic game but I can't play it - I much prefer EU4.

So far I've bought:

How does it compare to Civ 5? That's the only game in that genre I've gotten, I haven't played EU4 yet (though that's been on my list for a while as well!)

DERpDfF.png

So far I've bought:

How does it compare to Civ 5? That's the only game in that genre I've gotten, I haven't played EU4 yet (though that's been on my list for a while as well!)

CK2 is much more focused on internal politics and requires far more micromanaging than Civ V. I've never gotten super deep into it though, so somebody that is competent at that game should explain :P

I haven't played EU4 yet
EU4 is an okay game to play.

If you don't mind your social life going to nil, finding yourself watching the sun set outside the window after you said "well, I'll just finish this lil'war here and then I'll go to bed" the night before, and generally becoming an expert in both modern era geography and alternate history, well, it's a good game.

Europa Universalis is...:wub:

Crusader Kings 2 is as similar to Civ 5 as Civ 5 is to Europa Universalis 4, pretty much. They are not really similar games in terms of playstyle. Crusader Kings is significantly more complex than Civilization 5, at least.

There are better alternatives if you want a game like Civ 5. Endless Legend in particular, and maybe Galactic Civilizations 3, comes to mind.

Edited by Yuanrang

AOwGKjI.png

75% so only 5Eur. Couldn't resist. :cry:

Has anyone here played it yet? If yes how good is it compared to the first?

It's ok story wise.

I missed Lee badly though.

AOwGKjI.png

I have played and finished it. On Steam, it is in my "Best of the Best" category. When I finished the game in early April, I wrote the following review free of spoilers from Season 2:

You made it through The Walking Dead: Season 1.

A part of you wants to abandon the series, because you know deep down, Season 1 was horrifying.

Then there is that other part of you, screaming "WHAT THE HELL WILL HAPPEN NOW?!", as you see the end credits for Season 1. Well, if you hate a lack of conclusions, stay the hell away from this game. If you loved The Walking Dead: Season 1 as a game, a story or a concept... buy this game right away. It is just that damn good, and worse... it takes what is good about the first game, and sticks to a formula. This is a must-have, for anyone interested in the concept of the series.

Telltale games does not mix anything around. This is the same game you are used to, just darker and grittier, and your feelings get toyed with in the same way. It is a damn good game, worthy of being mentioned on the same level as The Wolf Among Us or even Walking Dead: Season 1. While I somewhat agree with Jure's spoiler, I think the game does just fine

with Clementine as the main character. I really enjoyed that switched perspective, and it works surprisingly well. The lack of Lee is not a very strong detrimental factor at all.

Ah, nuts, EU4 DLC on sale.

:(

Also Gat out of Hell, but that's going to have to wait :(

Edited by Arianna

Ah, nuts, EU4 DLC on sale.

:(

Also Gat out of Hell, but that's going to have to wait :(

What DLC do you not have yet? I ended up getting El Dorado today which completes my collection.

Figured out that I could not start Saints Row IV.

...I had to get Saints Row III first. :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.