Sal's RuneScape Forum
Forrest Jump

PC Gaming Club

The gaming year of 2014  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What was the biggest disappointment of 2014?

• Assassin's Creed: Unity
    • Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
    • Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2
    • Destiny
    • Elder Scrolls: Online
    • The Sims 4
    • Thief
    • Sid Meyer's Civilization: Beyond Earth
    • Watch Dogs
    • Wildstar
  2. 2. What was the best game of 2014?

• Dark Souls 2
    • Divinity: Original Sin
    • Dragon Age: Inquisition
    • Far Cry 4
    • FIFA 2015
    • Heroes of Warcraft
    • Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
    • SMITE
    • South Park: Stick of Truth
    • Wolfenstein: The New Order
  3. 3. What is the most anticipated game of 2015?

• Assassin's Creed: Victory
    • Batman: Arkham Knight
    • EVOLVE
    • Grand Theft Auto 5
    • Just Cause 3
    • Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain
    • Saints Row: Gat out of Hell
    • Star Wars: Battlefront
    • The Witcher 3
    • Tom Clancy's The Division

What DLC do you not have yet? I ended up getting El Dorado today which completes my collection.

I'm missing El Dorado and the new one - Common Sense.

Don't think El Dorado is game changing enough for me to bother buying it, but Common Sense seems hella interesting.

What DLC do you not have yet? I ended up getting El Dorado today which completes my collection.

I'm missing El Dorado and the new one - Common Sense.

Don't think El Dorado is game changing enough for me to bother buying it, but Common Sense seems hella interesting.

I ended up getting El Dorado simply because it was cheap, but yeah, not super important. I bought Common Sense because yes, it's awesome. The way protestantism works now makes it so it's not less useful than reformed (unless you're in the HRE and want to become emperor) and the new theocracies are cool. The other additions are cool as well but I'm not sure what is and is not in the base game already since it got patched.

Ah, nuts, EU4 DLC on sale.

:(

Also Gat out of Hell, but that's going to have to wait :(

I'm missing only Common Sense now. Which, reading reviews, sounds desperately in need of some balance, especially for old-time EU players.

Figured out that I could not start Saints Row IV.

...I had to get Saints Row III first. :D

fudge yeah SR3

Car control will be a bit awkward (much less than SR2 anyway), but it's a friggin' awesome game. Also, it makes fun of Belgians here and there, so there's added value right there

Also, Kinzie has the 100%-Dani-defining quote:

I could have been at home on my computer, but noooo... someone suggested that I "grow as a person".

fudge yeah SR3

Car control will be a bit awkward (much less than SR2 anyway), but it's a friggin' awesome game. Also, it makes fun of Belgians here and there, so there's added value right there

I could have been at home on my computer, but noooo... someone suggested that I "grow as a person".

I decided to skip Saints Row and Saints Row 2. That said, just started the game and having fun with the over-the-top story, but I have to admit, the car camera and all that is very awkward, yes.

Other than that though, it plays fairly well and I enjoy the game thus far. :P

Also, I killed the filthy Belgian scum already. :aware:

Edited by Yuanrang

fudge yeah SR3

I decided to skip Saints Row and Saints Row 2. That said, just started the game and having fun with the over-the-top story, but I have to admit, the car camera and all that is very awkward, yes.

Other than that though, it plays fairly well and I enjoy the game thus far. :P

Also, I killed the filthy Belgian scum already. :aware:

Ah, so you've already survived the awesomeness of the intro :cute:

According to Steam achievements, I finished Act 1 with the tower that gave you two choices at the end. :P

Edited by Yuanrang

According to Steam achievements, I finished Act 1 with the tower that gave you two choices at the end. :P

Good. :D

Don't forget side missions and DLCs, because they're also doubleplusawesome

I'm missing only Common Sense now. Which, reading reviews, sounds desperately in need of some balance, especially for old-time EU players.

From what I heard of a fellow EU4 player (whiskas, in fact), the Steam reviews that are negative mostly have to do with stuff that has already been patched out. That being said, there's some weird shizzle going on in my Papal States game (but I'm totally down with it)

ifK2HFP.jpg

Might just be this particular game but France and the Ottomans seem weaker.

Edited by reepicheep

Eretna? I don't even...

How the heck did that happen to France? I've had games in which France was eliminated, but usually by Burgundy and Castille with some Savoyard help down SE. Never seen Provence do that well.

I tried to play EU yesterday but I have all my flags messed up (France has Leinster's flag, Portugal has Milan's, Austria Ulm's etc), I think its some bug of the new patch because I have no mods installed, only DLC and last time I played everything was fine. I gave up for the time being.

Verifying the integrity of the game's cache, let's hope that fixes it.

Eretna? I don't even...

How the heck did that happen to France? I've had games in which France was eliminated, but usually by Burgundy and Castille with some Savoyard help down SE. Never seen Provence do that well.

I tried to play EU yesterday but I have all my flags messed up (France has Leinster's flag, Portugal has Milan's, Austria Ulm's etc), I think its some bug of the new patch because I have no mods installed, only DLC and last time I played everything was fine. I gave up for the time being.

Verifying the integrity of the game's cache, let's hope that fixes it.

Well, Burgundy messed up France pretty bad but then Burgundy got messed up. I think it's probably mostly because France presumably lost some war near the start which then snowballed into them getting rekt.

ifK2HFP.jpg

How on Earth did you manage that?! :blink:

I see sooooo many messed up things on that map, I can not even fathom how you managed to get everything to happen. :xd:

ifK2HFP.jpg

I see sooooo many messed up things on that map, I can not even fathom how you managed to get everything to happen. :xd:

serbia stronk remove kebab

Provence was all like "ohai let's marry", then inherited the shizzle out of other countries

ifK2HFP.jpg

Provence was all like "ohai let's marry", then inherited the shizzle out of other countries

Yeah, but even Ireland is owning colonies in mainland Europe through Munster. o.O

ifK2HFP.jpg

Yeah, but even Ireland is owning colonies in mainland Europe through Munster. o.O

And Tunis seized Sardinia, lol

ifK2HFP.jpg

And Tunis seized Sardinia, lol

I take full responsibility for pushing Venice out of, well, Venice, but the rest is pretty much all the AI. As you can see I've barely expanded into northern Italy, and I've not been involved in too many wars outside there.

Started a new game as Silesia. I'm actually enjoying the new forts militar system a lot, idk why so many people are complaining via forums. I feel it adds actual strategy to the game seeing as just destroying stacks and carpet sieging is not longer viable.

Goal will be to form a small green blob around the Silesian, Polish and (old) Prussian area and then start colonizing.

Meanwhile in Norway, I am trying to run around everywhere to commit Insurance Fraud (Damn those missions) and generally doing side quests. Fun game. Very fun game. It is like the pre-4 GTA games, just wacky all the time, instead of occasionally. :P

Meanwhile in Norway, I am trying to run around everywhere to commit Insurance Fraud (Damn those missions) and generally doing side quests. Fun game. Very fun game. It is like the pre-4 GTA games, just wacky all the time, instead of occasionally. :P

Exactly, that's what makes them side-splitting awesome

Speaking of side-splitting, I can't fathom why I waited so long to play Brütal Legend - it's...I...whoa

Speaking of side-splitting, I can't fathom why I waited so long to play Brütal Legend - it's...I...whoa

best game intro ever

period

best game intro ever

period

Neck-to-neck with the Saints Row IV intro

About EUIV again - game is pretty much unplayable unless you own the Common Sense DLC now.

They basically made it so that you can only improve your provinces if you own the DLC, meaning you have to play the entire game with the default settings if you do not own it. So for example Breslau can only ever get three buildings no matter what because you can't improve the province in order to unlock more building slots seeing as that is a Common Sense feature.

This is unbelievable, I didn't think Paradox would go this far for more money.

About EUIV again - game is pretty much unplayable unless you own the Common Sense DLC now.

They basically made it so that you can only improve your provinces if you own the DLC, meaning you have to play the entire game with the default settings if you do not own it. So for example Breslau can only ever get three buildings no matter what because you can't improve the province in order to unlock more building slots seeing as that is a Common Sense feature.

This is unbelievable, I didn't think Paradox would go this far for more money.

and that dlc is full price and not included in the EUIV collection pack deal

if you offer a pack at least offer a complete pack; even if you don't want to discount all content, which is fine by me, a "collection" pack should contain all important DLC

bunch of pricks...

Well bugger that, I'll be reverting to 1.11.4. <_<

It is glorious. 'nuff said.

It is as awesome as

It is glorious. 'nuff said.

It is as awesome as

Lmfao Kung Fury is the greatest movie ever. :P

Common Sense seems to be what Paradox is lacking lol.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.