Sal's RuneScape Forum
Forrest Jump

PC Gaming Club

The gaming year of 2014  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What was the biggest disappointment of 2014?

• Assassin's Creed: Unity
    • Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
    • Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2
    • Destiny
    • Elder Scrolls: Online
    • The Sims 4
    • Thief
    • Sid Meyer's Civilization: Beyond Earth
    • Watch Dogs
    • Wildstar
  2. 2. What was the best game of 2014?

• Dark Souls 2
    • Divinity: Original Sin
    • Dragon Age: Inquisition
    • Far Cry 4
    • FIFA 2015
    • Heroes of Warcraft
    • Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
    • SMITE
    • South Park: Stick of Truth
    • Wolfenstein: The New Order
  3. 3. What is the most anticipated game of 2015?

• Assassin's Creed: Victory
    • Batman: Arkham Knight
    • EVOLVE
    • Grand Theft Auto 5
    • Just Cause 3
    • Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain
    • Saints Row: Gat out of Hell
    • Star Wars: Battlefront
    • The Witcher 3
    • Tom Clancy's The Division

I want to play Fallout 3(vegas maybe? If its on pc?) and Assasins Creed 2.

Unless its better to just buy them for Xbox 360?

Edited by Jordo

I would say that Fallout 3 would be good for the PC and Assasins Creed you can play on the 360.

Mostly in my opinion FPS are better played on the PC.

I would say that Fallout 3 would be good for the PC and Assasins Creed you can play on the 360.

Mostly in my opinion FPS are better played on the PC.

I wouldn't call it an Fps, though I know what you mean :rolleyes:

Assassins creed is a game meant to be played with a controller. Though if you have a controller for your pc then it's just up to you on which one you want to play it on.

Last christmas i had a whole list of computer games i wanted for my pc, unfortunately i have a M.E. im assuiming you can figure out how this worked...

As in you have WINDOWS ME??? :rolleyes:

Last christmas i had a whole list of computer games i wanted for my pc, unfortunately i have a M.E. im assuiming you can figure out how this worked...

Maybe he means like a message error.... ermm... error message?

Also, who here is getting Starcraft 2?

Edited by Jump

Laptop still isn't here :) I am really pumped for Dragon Age, Sims 3 (:rolleyes:), and Starcraft 2.

There's nowt wrong with Sims 3, although I spend far too much time on it.

Yes i have Windows ME for my pc.

I crashed my friends laptop after spawning too much stuff on a map. He's going to check if it's okay for a while. I hope I didn't wreck it.

Also how long does the Plants vs Zombies trial last before I download it?

I crashed my friends laptop after spawning too much stuff on a map. He's going to check if it's okay for a while. I hope I didn't wreck it.

Also how long does the Plants vs Zombies trial last before I download it?

How would that possibly hurt the computer? Might make it freeze, but a reboot would make it fine.

To answer your question, the plants vs zombies demo lasts 1 hour.

If you're joking, good joke.

If you're not joking, may God have mercy on your soul, you unfortunate tortured person.

Get. Rid. Of. It. NOW!

That thing was undoubtedly the worst piece of software ever to come out of a commercial company. Anybody who ran it for more than two years should get a medal... you? A knightship.

Anyway, if you can't run games with your current OS then having a 10 year old system is nothing short of a security risk. What's your specs?

http://www.linuxmint.com/

And you get a good few games in the software manager, if you like Quake you're set for life :rolleyes:

What games do you get?

Well from the 30,000 odd packages available 1062 of them are games. There are tons of others that can be downloaded but here's what i've found to like:

Nexuiz

Warsow

Open Arena

Alien Arena

AssaultCube

Sauerbraten (although it's just the engine in the software manager)

Rise of the Triad (old school :rolleyes: )

Wesnoth

Extremetuxracer

Flight Gear

Trigger Rally

TORCS

Hive Rise

And that's just off the top of my head, they're not exactly as polished as modern games but they're all free and really fun. A lot of them should run on 10 year old hardware too.

Yeesh you make it seem worse than it is. I cant play any new games on my ME and i like just gave up internet on it. Im just waiting for my aunt and uncle to give me one of their old computers and ill be good. And its not like i cant use any of my freinds and families computers to go online. I just work on paint, practice a little HTML, do essays and some other stuff with it. I just havnt played a computer game other than The Battle for Wesnoth and Duke Nukem in like 5 years (and that is only because my aunt and uncle have it on their computers). Any suggestions on a new computer in case i decide thats how i want to spend my money i get from my summer job(preferably one that is not super expensive)

Yeesh you make it seem worse than it is. I cant play any new games on my ME and i like just gave up internet on it. Im just waiting for my aunt and uncle to give me one of their old computers and ill be good. And its not like i cant use any of my freinds and families computers to go online. I just work on paint, practice a little HTML, do essays and some other stuff with it. I just havnt played a computer game other than The Battle for Wesnoth and Duke Nukem in like 5 years (and that is only because my aunt and uncle have it on their computers). Any suggestions on a new computer in case i decide thats how i want to spend my money i get from my summer job(preferably one that is not super expensive)

Seriously, change it. ME was bad enough in it's hay day, using it now is just stupid. Hell, even using 2000 now which was quite good when it was released isn't wise since the security issues involved with running a decade old OS are unimaginable. Linux is free, tell me your system spec and i'll tell you exactly what to do.

As for computer suggestions, it depends on how much you want to spend, but the best way to get value and something that will last for a while (which you seem to want) is to build it yourself. Not that hard, just get the parts and put them together. The only tool you need is a screwdriver.

Seriously, change it. ME was bad enough in it's hay day, using it now is just stupid. Hell, even using 2000 now which was quite good when it was released isn't wise since the security issues involved with running a decade old OS are unimaginable. Linux is free, tell me your system spec and i'll tell you exactly what to do.

Listen to the man. You'll be able to use your computer again. Even if your going to just have it for another month it's worth it.

Listen to the man. You'll be able to use your computer again. Even if your going to just have it for another month it's worth it.

This'll explain a reason as to why to avoid ME....

ballmer_peak.png

This'll explain a reason as to why to avoid ME....

ballmer_peak.png

I lol'd!

Not trying to offend Linux users in any way possible, but the Linux can play games? :rolleyes:

Oh, back onto what I was going to say in my post, has anyone pre-ordered Amnesia:Dark Descent yet? You can play it on the Mac, Linux, and Windows XP/Vista/7. The system requirements are also incredibly low. This looks like a really anticipated horror game (from the creators of Penumbra, if any of you know of it.)

Prel. Minimum System Requirements

Processor: 1.5Ghz (Dual or Single? I don't know, doesn't say)

Memory: 1024MB (In other words, 1GB of ram.)

Disc Space: TBD (Don't ask.)

Video Card: Radeon 9600/GeForceFX

http://www.amnesiagame.com/#buy

Save 10%.

Gameplay trailer,

Even without the discount, it is pretty cheap. So are the other penumbra games.

Yes, Linux can play games. Probably better than Windows if they were made for it in the first place, which i hope will happen more in the future. Bearing in mind OpenGL 4.0 has recently been released which completely levels the playing field with DX.

That game looks quite good, any idea when it'l be released?

As for computer suggestions, it depends on how much you want to spend, but the best way to get value and something that will last for a while (which you seem to want) is to build it yourself. Not that hard, just get the parts and put them together. The only tool you need is a screwdriver.

Putting together a computer isnt hard i already know that but ill probably just go alienware for my next computer. Plan on doing that rather soon.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.