Sal's RuneScape Forum
Forrest Jump

PC Gaming Club

The gaming year of 2014  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What was the biggest disappointment of 2014?

• Assassin's Creed: Unity
    • Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
    • Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2
    • Destiny
    • Elder Scrolls: Online
    • The Sims 4
    • Thief
    • Sid Meyer's Civilization: Beyond Earth
    • Watch Dogs
    • Wildstar
  2. 2. What was the best game of 2014?

• Dark Souls 2
    • Divinity: Original Sin
    • Dragon Age: Inquisition
    • Far Cry 4
    • FIFA 2015
    • Heroes of Warcraft
    • Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
    • SMITE
    • South Park: Stick of Truth
    • Wolfenstein: The New Order
  3. 3. What is the most anticipated game of 2015?

• Assassin's Creed: Victory
    • Batman: Arkham Knight
    • EVOLVE
    • Grand Theft Auto 5
    • Just Cause 3
    • Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain
    • Saints Row: Gat out of Hell
    • Star Wars: Battlefront
    • The Witcher 3
    • Tom Clancy's The Division

Speaking of side-splitting, I can't fathom why I waited so long to play Brütal Legend - it's...I...whoa

It is glorious. 'nuff said.

It is as awesome as

Ozzy, meanwhile, keeps being fudgeing hilarious. I mean, "You have interrupted the Guardian of Metal's nap." in a totally deadpan voice is possibly one of the most hilarious lines ever, then again, Double Fine, Tim Schafer, etc.

Does anyone want Common Sense? I'm forced to buy CS to enjoy EUIV with the new fortress system (that I quite like), and it seems theres a promotion that allows you to buy an extra copy just for 5eur.

So if you intend to eventually buy it it'd be a pleasure to make Paradox earn less 10 Eur.

Edit: Nvm I got tired of waiting lol.

Edited by Micael Fatia

About EUIV again - game is pretty much unplayable unless you own the Common Sense DLC now.

They basically made it so that you can only improve your provinces if you own the DLC, meaning you have to play the entire game with the default settings if you do not own it. So for example Breslau can only ever get three buildings no matter what because you can't improve the province in order to unlock more building slots seeing as that is a Common Sense feature.

This is unbelievable, I didn't think Paradox would go this far for more money.

What, for real? That's kinda bs. The only thing is I guess that this is more or less like it used to be? I mean, there was always a limit to how much you could build and there's a lot less crappy stuff you need to build. Assuming the AI also does not get to improve their provinces I can only assume that Paradox intended for the experience to not be too different.

Nah before you could build all buildings you wanted with a couple exceptions like ports in provinces with no access to the sea, or multiple factories/special buildings per province. Which meant you could turn any crappy province into a mine of gold or manpower, though higher base tax provinces were always better by default (better stats than low base tax provinces assuming you had the same buildings).

Thing is they removed any chances of improving your provinces beyond default now unless you own the DLC and added a system that requires you to "evolve" your provinces with monarch points so you can build more things. Before all you needed was the tech and the money, now you need the tech, the money and the progress percentage or advancement percentage (or whatever they called it, can't remember) in order to improve your provinces. Which I'm fine with were it not for the fact it requires the DLC to work.

I feel they basically ruined the game for those who can't afford to buy the DLC, people are forced to either buy it or downgrade (and if they downgrade the achievements get blocked if I'm not mistaken).

Nah before you could build all buildings you wanted with a couple exceptions like ports in provinces with no access to the sea, or multiple factories/special buildings per province. Which meant you could turn any crappy province into a mine of gold or manpower, though higher base tax provinces were always better by default (better stats than low base tax provinces assuming you had the same buildings).

Thing is they removed any chances of improving your provinces beyond default now unless you own the DLC and added a system that requires you to "evolve" your provinces with monarch points so you can build more things. Before all you needed was the tech and the money, now you need the tech, the money and the progress percentage or advancement percentage (or whatever they called it, can't remember) in order to improve your provinces. Which I'm fine with were it not for the fact it requires the DLC to work.

I feel they basically ruined the game for those who can't afford to buy the DLC, people are forced to either buy it or downgrade (and if they downgrade the achievements get blocked if I'm not mistaken).

I thought for sure that there wasn't a limit but it has been a while since I played it (well, except for now that I have Common Sense installed). Not adding the development system seems like a massive oversight. (I did know how that works :P)

arkham knight came out a couple of days ago and it seems to be the first game to really test the steam refund option

frame rate locked at 30fps on pc which it can't even maintain on a good machine

I lolled

just go read the steam reviews

http://store.steampo...com/app/208650/

Edited by Egghebrecht

Not that surprising, really. Instead of Rocksteady porting it to PC like they did with Asylum and City, they opted to hire the guys that ported Origins to PC.

It is basically Arkham Origins all over again, ported by the same inept crew with little QA testing.

Not that surprising, really. Instead of Rocksteady porting it to PC like they did with Asylum and City, they opted to hire the guys that ported Origins to PC.

It is basically Arkham Origins all over again, ported by the same inept crew with little QA testing.

good thing the mac release got delayed otherwise I would have been screaming at my screen too

hope it's another team that does that port, no idea who did the port on the first 2 titles but those run perfectly

guess I'll wait a bit :P

good thing the mac release got delayed otherwise I would have been screaming at my screen too

hope it's another team that does that port, no idea who did the port on the first 2 titles but those run perfectly

Rocksteady ported those with their own development team, which is why the game works smoothly.

The Xbox One and Playstation 4 versions of Arkham Knight functions very well, simply because Rocksteady handled those copies (from what I read), but they outsourced the PC port and that is the one that performs horribly. >.<

I just bought a new laptop and Arkham Knight will be included in it as a package deal with the graphics card, but... ugggghh, guess I will wait a year to play it if it performs like that on PC. :s

Edited by Yuanrang

Rocksteady ported those with their own development team, which is why the game works smoothly.

The Xbox One and Playstation 4 versions of Arkham Knight functions very well, simply because Rocksteady handled those copies (from what I read), but they outsourced the PC port and that is the one that performs horribly. >.<

I just bought a new laptop and Arkham Knight will be included in it as a package deal with the graphics card, but... ugggghh, guess I will wait a year to play it if it performs like that on PC. :s

cad-20150624-b9baa.png

I lolled

edit: And the PC version got pulled from the stores by it's publisher Warner Bros

finally a game that is broken on release gets what it deserves

long live steam refund policy!

Dear Batman: Arkham Knight PC owners,

We want to apologize to those of you who are experiencing performance issues with Batman: Arkham Knight on PC. We take these issues very seriously and have therefore decided to suspend future game sales of the PC version while we work to address these issues to satisfy our quality standards. We greatly value our customers and know that while there are a significant amount of players who are enjoying the game on PC, we want to do whatever we can to make the experience better for PC players overall.

Thank you to those players who have already given valuable feedback. We are continuously monitoring all threads posted in the Official Batman: Arkham Knight Community and Steam forums, as well as any issues logged with our Customer Support (support.wbgames.com). If you purchased your copy of the game and are not satisfied with your experience, then we ask for your patience while these issues are resolved. If desired, you can request a refund at help.steampowered.com (Steam refund policies can be found here: http://store.steampowered.com/steam_refunds) or the retail location where you purchased the game.

The Batman: Arkham fans have continually supported the franchise to its current height of success, and we want to thank you for your patience as we work to deliver an updated version of Batman: Arkham Knight on PC so you can all enjoy the final chapter of the Batman: Arkham series as it was meant to be played.

Edited by Egghebrecht

You will be pleased to know @Egghebrecht that I have started playing Endless Legend last week and that I'm really enjoying it. ^_^

You will be pleased to know @Egghebrecht that I have started playing Endless Legend last week and that I'm really enjoying it. ^_^

a wee bit of a steep learning curve isn't it :P

Yes! Thankfully I generated a large map with multiple continents so I'm somewhat isolated from the A.I and free to make mistakes.

Okay, so I thought Saints Row 3 was awesome. Then after a long streak of sidequests and plowing through the main storyline, I decided to do the DLC and found them to be hilarious and entertaining.

I went back to the main storyline and came upon the best part ever:

The Wrestling spoof of Murderbowl where you are given a chainsaw and you rock it out to "

" as you dish out chained fury. :xd:

Scratch that. Subsequent mission's music kicks in with "I need a hero" at the most fitting mission. Hah, I like Volition's style. :P

Edit: That is that for Saint's Row 3. Now onto 4, I guess. :o

Edited by Yuanrang

best part ever
Oh hell no, Pierce's poker face while hiding the metre-long dildo behind his back is the zenit of the game, hands down

Also,

Kinzie: Oh no, don't you dare! I don't want that thing anywhere near my computer!

Boss: Ok, ok... we won't use the tank.

Pierce: Really?

Boss: fudge no, we're getting our tank on.

(also the quote in the page before this one)

Subsequent mission's music kicks in with "I need a hero" at the most fitting mission. Hah, I like Volition's style.

omg that song :wub:

Wait until you start Saints Row 4 and be prepared for shock, awe and what TVTropes calls basically "Shout Out: THE GAME"

Basically, in the first two minutes, you're treated to both Jane Austen and Arnold Schwarzenegger. It's...whoooooooaaaaaaa

I started Saints Row 4 and just got control of the Boss in Steelport after the introduction. Interesting premise in the game, and when I say interesting, I mean the writers must have been on very powerful drugs. :xd:

best part ever
Oh hell no, Pierce's poker face while hiding the metre-long dildo behind his back is the zenit of the game, hands down

Also,

Kinzie: Oh no, don't you dare! I don't want that thing anywhere near my computer!

Subsequent mission's music kicks in with "I need a hero" at the most fitting mission. Hah, I like Volition's style.

Wait until you start Saints Row 4 and be prepared for shock, awe and what TVTropes calls basically "Shout Out: THE GAME"

Basically, in the first two minutes, you're treated to both Jane Austen and Arnold Schwarzenegger. It's...whoooooooaaaaaaa

To me, nothing will beat the moment where you jump out of a helicopter to Power. There was something about that that I just really love.

2 days until the massive Terraria 1.3 update. They're basically doubling the size of the game. Again. For free.

I'm stoked. Change log came out last night if anyone here plays the game :)

2 days until the massive Terraria 1.3 update. They're basically doubling the size of the game. Again. For free.

I'm stoked. Change log came out last night if anyone here plays the game :)

I play it infrequently, but holy hell, when I first saw that changelog, I was shocked. Not just the Steam integration for hosting multiplayer, but all the changes and new stuff is just insane for a game that ends up having such a small prize on sales.

It is a superfun game, and this just makes it more fun, if you ask me. :P

best part ever

Also,

To me, nothing will beat the moment where you jump out of a helicopter to Power. There was something about that that I just really love.

How about (the spoiler is just for Yuan)

at a certain point in the game you don a certain suit and dive down, to Stan Bush's "The Touch" (Deliberately vague because I know Yuan will have opened this)

, that's possibly cause for a terribly powerful nerdgasm

Terraria seems like a very fun game, too bad that I didn't buy it :(

...not to mention that EU4 has ensnared me AGAIN with a Japan game, I mean come on remove kimchi japan stronk

Terraria seems like a very fun game, too bad that I didn't buy it :(

Put it on a wishlist. It is 2 Euro well spent when on Sale.

Seriously, I bought it at $2.50 a year or so ago, and in that time I've happily purchased another 3 copies full price for my brothers and gf. They've easily gotten $10 out of the game, and it's unreal the amount of content that keeps getting added to it.

Just a note, for the time being it only run on PC. They will apparently have Mac integration in July, but no promises.

I'm most excited for Steam Achievements and Multiplayer integration. As well as Steam cloud saving. (And, of course, 800+ new items including a portal gun haha)

Seriously, I bought it at $2.50 a year or so ago, and in that time I've happily purchased another 3 copies full price for my brothers and gf. They've easily gotten $10 out of the game, and it's unreal the amount of content that keeps getting added to it.

Just a note, for the time being it only run on PC. They will apparently have Mac integration in July, but no promises.

I'm most excited for Steam Achievements and Multiplayer integration. As well as Steam cloud saving. (And, of course, 800+ new items including a portal gun haha)

The sad thing is, the original Terraria was easily worth the early prices because, all in all, it was a massive game. As patches has progressed, things have completely gotten blown out of proportions and the game is extensive and awesome. If people like world-builders or exploration-RPGs, then Terraria is well worth the investment. :P

The early Terraria was such an awesome piece of gem, where you could flood the underworld or just mine everything out. Not saying future patches were wrong, it's just I couldn't keep up with everything. :P I might try it now again and try for those achievements. Best to play with friends though.

The early Terraria was such an awesome piece of gem, where you could flood the underworld or just mine everything out. Not saying future patches were wrong, it's just I couldn't keep up with everything. :P I might try it now again and try for those achievements. Best to play with friends though.

I love to get Perfect Games on steam, and Terraria, despite having 88 achievements, actually seems really doable to do so in!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.