Sal's RuneScape Forum
Forrest Jump

PC Gaming Club

The gaming year of 2014  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What was the biggest disappointment of 2014?

• Assassin's Creed: Unity
    • Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
    • Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2
    • Destiny
    • Elder Scrolls: Online
    • The Sims 4
    • Thief
    • Sid Meyer's Civilization: Beyond Earth
    • Watch Dogs
    • Wildstar
  2. 2. What was the best game of 2014?

• Dark Souls 2
    • Divinity: Original Sin
    • Dragon Age: Inquisition
    • Far Cry 4
    • FIFA 2015
    • Heroes of Warcraft
    • Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
    • SMITE
    • South Park: Stick of Truth
    • Wolfenstein: The New Order
  3. 3. What is the most anticipated game of 2015?

• Assassin's Creed: Victory
    • Batman: Arkham Knight
    • EVOLVE
    • Grand Theft Auto 5
    • Just Cause 3
    • Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain
    • Saints Row: Gat out of Hell
    • Star Wars: Battlefront
    • The Witcher 3
    • Tom Clancy's The Division

I'm glad I don't have a good PC otherwise I would've probably gotten the Arkham Knight which completely flopped on release for PC. (Don't take this as an insult to the masterrace) Console versions should be great though definitely will be getting it sometime for PS4

I'm glad I don't have a good PC otherwise I would've probably gotten the Arkham Knight which completely flopped on release for PC. (Don't take this as an insult to the masterrace) Console versions should be great though definitely will be getting it sometime for PS4

That's why it's always a good idea to just wait and see what happens. I'd imagine it'll get fixed over the next few months and hopefully be fine. I also don't understand why anybody would take a game having problems on PC as an insult.

That's why it's always a good idea to just wait and see what happens. I'd imagine it'll get fixed over the next few months and hopefully be fine. I also don't understand why anybody would take a game having problems on PC as an insult.

You never know, I've seen some crazy people on the outernets.

Because teh PC is the master race, perfect and immovable

Note to self: stop playing EU4 as soon as it gets dark if you've got work the day after, because it's not healthy to remove kebab and then wake up at six

Also note to self: yes, it's good to colonize, yes, it's good to have more territory in Southeast Asia, but not if you're playing as Japan and make a mental "Co-prosperity sphere" joke to yourself >_< japan stronk remove bami goreng

Edited by Arianna

Oh, I agree. It gets a bit ridiculous how defensive some people get about the most trivial matters in life :P

Oh, I agree. It gets a bit ridiculous how defensive some people get about the most trivial matters in life :P

You take that back RIGHT NOW

Also, just westernized as Japan, ty Portugal, now stop trying to claim my provinces (cc @Micael Fatia)

Don't worry I'm sure they'll stop soon, probably will be too busy invading Sweden and/or Greece.

(God damnit we just can't win finals)

Just finished Saints Row 4. It was a very enjoyable ride, and I like how they took things beyond the traditional GTA clone formula and took it into a intergalactic direction. I really enjoyed having superpowers though. It added a whole new element to Steelport which I found very enjoyable, and perhaps especially the challenges.

The DLCs were also pretty good and entertaining, albeight absolutely bonkers and on steroids which seems to be a franchise norm judging by Saints Row 3 and 4.

All in all, a pretty entertaining game. Wonder what they will do in Saints Row 5. :P

Just finished Saints Row 4. It was a very enjoyable ride, and I like how they took things beyond the traditional GTA clone formula and took it into a intergalactic direction. I really enjoyed having superpowers though. It added a whole new element to Steelport which I found very enjoyable, and perhaps especially the challenges.

The DLCs were also pretty good and entertaining, albeight absolutely bonkers and on steroids which seems to be a franchise norm judging by Saints Row 3 and 4.

All in all, a pretty entertaining game. Wonder what they will do in Saints Row 5. :P

I thought the premise and everything was fine but I really hated the repetiveness of the sidestuff. I don't want to have to do the same dumb thing over and over just to upgrade my character. Main quest stuff was good though. I think SR3 was generally better.

As for SR5, I honestly hope that either they don't make it or just do something else entirely. The series has reached a point where it can't really get any wackier I think.

The series has reached a point where it can't really get any wackier I think.
You know nothing, Jon Snow

...I just thought of a Saints Row/Game of Thrones crossover and I'm going to faint

absolutely bonkers
I WILL SING YOU THE SONG OF MY PEOPLE!

BOOM BOOM ACKALACKA BOOM

BOOM BOOM ACKALACKA BOOM BOOM

At some point though, it's not actually going to be interesting anymore if they just keep escalating. It shouldn't become a parody of itself. Probably.

At some point though, it's not actually going to be interesting anymore if they just keep escalating. It shouldn't become a parody of itself. Probably.

Yeah, I concur. Of course, they have basically infinite dimensions to branch to. Saints Row NASA edition - get to the Russian moon colony and..do shizzle (cit.)

I thought the premise and everything was fine but I really hated the repetiveness of the sidestuff. I don't want to have to do the same dumb thing over and over just to upgrade my character. Main quest stuff was good though. I think SR3 was generally better.

As for SR5, I honestly hope that either they don't make it or just do something else entirely. The series has reached a point where it can't really get any wackier I think.

Yeah, SR3 was better, but for a few other reasons from what you list. I had cleared about 90% of the simulation before I even rescued Matt, because I am a completionist like that. Thus I never really had much of an issue with the tediness from it, since I just went for a completionist approach straight away.

What irked me was that the story did not hold up. I really liked the premise, but I felt they skipped a lot of efforts on the story. My main problem with it was that in Saints Row 3, you ended up spending a lot of time with your crew. Shaundi, Pierce, Viola, Oleg, Zimos and Angel all became more than just afterthoughts, because they had quite a few missions outside of the actual main story. Beyond having one loyalty mission, Saints Row 4 really did not have much else about them, which is a bit sad because you never really get to know your crew well.

There are pretty much 3 different approaches, it seems. Intergalactic adventures in a futuristic era. Time travel to the past. Tinkering with an infinite amount of realities scattered across dimensions.

At this point, I would rather see time travel to the past, and get away from a lot of the gunplay, but that is just me. They should shake up the formula. :P

Edit for those interested: Leaked alpha footage of Star Wars: Battlefront

Edited by Yuanrang

get away from a lot of the gunplay

You're going to take away freefall tank battles from me? You're a horrible monster, you know that?

You're going to take away freefall tank battles from me? You're a horrible monster, you know that?

Two words: Cowtapult rafting.

Two words: Cowtapult rafting.

Eh, the Genki manapult was a great step in that direction, I reckon

Yeah, SR3 was better, but for a few other reasons from what you list. I had cleared about 90% of the simulation before I even rescued Matt, because I am a completionist like that. Thus I never really had much of an issue with the tediness from it, since I just went for a completionist approach straight away.

And it's good that you managed to enjoy it, but it's not the most compelling game design I think. I'd even call it downright lazy. To be honest, I think that their existence is not an issue, my problem is that you need to do them to improve your character. That means that it's not just completionists who need to do them (or people who enjoy the minigames) but everybody.

And it's good that you managed to enjoy it, but it's not the most compelling game design I think. I'd even call it downright lazy. To be honest, I think that their existence is not an issue, my problem is that you need to do them to improve your character. That means that it's not just completionists who need to do them (or people who enjoy the minigames) but everybody.

Yeah, that's one thing I liked SR3 over SR4 on; all in all you didn't need to be very completionist to upgrade your character. Then again, I come from the RPG style of videogaming, so DO ALL THE THINGS is an imperative lest you miss the +9 Sword of Wootness.

Yeah, that's one thing I liked SR3 over SR4 on; all in all you didn't need to be very completionist to upgrade your character. Then again, I come from the RPG style of videogaming, so DO ALL THE THINGS is an imperative lest you miss the +9 Sword of Wootness.

It is the same for me in regards to the GET ALL THE THINGS.

I was not a big fan of the Saints Row 3 approach either, where everything was tied up to your cash, and you could just leave the game on to earn cash. I find both the SR 3 and SR 4 approach to be mundane, but I would far rather have them tied up to achievements based on things you have done, rather than tied up to things you have AFK farmed.

I do not disagree with you though, Saints Row 4 were in many ways lazy, which I find regretable. I put Saints Row 3 in my personal "Best of the best" cathegory on Steam, whereas Saints Row 4 just landed in "Completed games". It had a lot of good elements, but it certainly was not a masterpiece. It is a 7 or 8 of 10 on my scale, but it was worth playing through. :P

Also, I died during the MGS spoof because I was literally writhing around in fits of laughter. The "WTF!" in lieu of the "!" killed me. :xd:

Edited by Arianna

Also, I died during the MGS spoof because I was literally writhing around in fits of laughter. The "WTF!" in lieu of the "!" killed me. :xd:

That was definately one of the best parts, if only for the song at the right time and the comments, and not because of gameplay! :D

I agree on the MGS part, especially the snarky comments as you dragged the goons under the boxes to murderize them. :P

this weeks humble bundle looks really great

Sunset and lumino city have been on my wanted list for a while now

and trine 2 complete is a great game

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

Miss Take reminds me a lot of The Sting!, which was a great game, and Sunset is doubleplusgood too. Platformers though...meh :(

Miss Take reminds me a lot of The Sting!, which was a great game, and Sunset is doubleplusgood too. Platformers though...meh :(

it's a bundle, you buy it for 2 games and don't touch the rest :P

it's a bundle, you buy it for 2 games and don't touch the rest :P

But 12 euro :(

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.