Sal's RuneScape Forum
Forrest Jump

PC Gaming Club

The gaming year of 2014  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What was the biggest disappointment of 2014?

• Assassin's Creed: Unity
    • Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
    • Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2
    • Destiny
    • Elder Scrolls: Online
    • The Sims 4
    • Thief
    • Sid Meyer's Civilization: Beyond Earth
    • Watch Dogs
    • Wildstar
  2. 2. What was the best game of 2014?

• Dark Souls 2
    • Divinity: Original Sin
    • Dragon Age: Inquisition
    • Far Cry 4
    • FIFA 2015
    • Heroes of Warcraft
    • Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
    • SMITE
    • South Park: Stick of Truth
    • Wolfenstein: The New Order
  3. 3. What is the most anticipated game of 2015?

• Assassin's Creed: Victory
    • Batman: Arkham Knight
    • EVOLVE
    • Grand Theft Auto 5
    • Just Cause 3
    • Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain
    • Saints Row: Gat out of Hell
    • Star Wars: Battlefront
    • The Witcher 3
    • Tom Clancy's The Division

It seems that our Fallout 4 boys got stuck in wasteland, they haven't returned yet. I expected serious discussion after the release. :P

It seems that our Fallout 4 boys got stuck in wasteland, they haven't returned yet. I expected serious discussion after the release. :P

You've got to be kidding, most of them are still creating their character and having lots of fun with it

I mean

F0C0HpA.jpg

Disclaimer: I do not own Fallout 4, for the last few days I've been playing Fallout 3 with a Boston accent

HqM1oUM.png

Edited by Arianna

nuaU01H.png

dqtIN9c.jpg

Fact: 94% of Fallout 4 players are still picking a face

Yeah, I mean it's Fallout. That's all there really is to say I think. If you liked Fallout 3 and New Vegas then this is more of that with some polish here and there but that well known Bethesda buggyness (though having said that I encountered nothing gamebreaking). I'm personally not a huge fan of the places the main story goes but then the main quest is often not the main attraction anyway. So if you want more Fallout, get it for sure. If you don't, then nothing's fundamentally changed about it. I definitely enjoyed it a lot.

I was proud of myself during the Halloween sale. Not a game bought, nor a Crown spent.

Then I saw a bloody Star Wars trailer and suddenly I bought:

Star Wars: Dark Forces

Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II

Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith

Star Wars: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords

I regret nothing...! :xd:

Edited by Yuanrang

I was proud of myself during the Halloween sale. Not a game bought, nor a Crown spent.

Your strength is weak, young padawan

You underestimate the power of the Dark Side.

You underestimate the power of the Dark Side.

Don't forget to install the mods for KOTOR II and bring back lost content (except for the robot planet, it's hot garbage). Although I do remember hearing something about it getting fixed officially too? I don't know. Man KOTOR I/II are probably my introduction to RPGs, so gooooood.

Don't forget to install the mods for KOTOR II and bring back lost content (except for the robot planet, it's hot garbage). Although I do remember hearing something about it getting fixed officially too? I don't know. Man KOTOR I/II are probably my introduction to RPGs, so gooooood.

I read a /games post saying they had officially put it in the Steam Workshop and being endorsed. That said, I have played through the Lost Content mod in the past, so I was going to do that anyway when getting that far. Been swamped with work so I have not been able to play more than World of Warcraft, but soon Christmas, soooo... :D

That said... finally someone posted so I can post.

Andddddd Final Fantasy VI launches on Steam on the 16th of December! :yay:

Anyone else got worried of recent Steam hiccup? I've experienced it myself and boy, it sure wasn't pretty what kind of information you were exposed to.

Not really. They are forced by law to keep the database with personal information, and financial information, separate. Ultimately, this particular database glitch will not lead to anything malicious, but it can make people prone to panic. :P

Not really. They are forced by law to keep the database with personal information, and financial information, separate. Ultimately, this particular database glitch will not lead to anything malicious, but it can make people prone to panic. :P

It was a very good reminder to deactivate automatic PayPal charges since I linked it to my bank account rather than the pre-paid credit card. :box: Edited by Arianna

It was a caching glitch apparently. You were shown things you weren't supposed to see but you weren't able to interact with them.

Edit: Cities: Skylines is the shizzle. Nothing better than sending raw sewage up your residents' water pipes

Edited by thepope1322

Nothing better than sending raw sewage up your residents' water pipes
Saints Row 2 meets Sim City.

I love you, Paradox

(I'm not buying it because I still have to play most of my Steam library, and I bloody well hoped some Kazakh guy bought me Fallout 4 with the caching glitch, but no luck :( )

It was a very good reminder to deactivate automatic PayPal charges since I linked it to my bank account rather than the pre-paid credit card. :box:

shizzle, that's actually a good point. I read your post yesterday and didn't close the tab and was like 'nah I didn't do that'. Then I looked at it again after opening up my browser and realised that in fact, that's what I did. Whoooops.

Edit: Cities: Skylines is the shizzle. Nothing better than sending raw sewage up your residents' water pipes

....is this actually a feature? How can this possibly be a good way to run a city?! :xd:

"You're voting for the other guy? Drink shizzle! (literally)"

(I'm not buying it because I still have to play most of my Steam library, and I bloody well hoped some Kazakh guy bought me Fallout 4 with the caching glitch, but no luck :( )

:P

Edited by Yuanrang
Removed a typo.

:P

Үлкен жетістік ! :wub:

So now I'm totally conflicted between finishing Skyrim (400 hours, never even touched the main quest), diving into the friggin' wasteland or something else entirely and bam - away from the main computer until the 4th. :(

Edited by Arianna

I think your Kazakh is rusty... what the heck do you mean by "Great achievement"? :xd:

Also, do not feel obligated to start Fallout 4. It is just a gift, go with whatever you want to do first, and then you can always come back to it. :P

I think your Kazakh is rusty... what the heck do you mean by "Great achievement"? :xd:

Also, do not feel obligated to start Fallout 4. It is just a gift, go with whatever you want to do first, and then you can always come back to it. :P

Since it's Kazakh, it was meant to say "GREAT SUCCESS", but hey, google translate is fun for that exact reason

I still am genuinely embarrassed, though, I mean, :box:

(moreover, I managed to install Steam on L's laptop to avoid starvation/withdrawal these days, but having no video card only basic games are available to me :( )

You have no reason to be embarrased, you know? :xd:

Also, yeah on the Kazakh thing. I was planning an intentionally takeover-esque message, but I stopped when it translated something into horses and what not. Would not want you to get the entirely wrong idea. :aware:

My brother convinced me to play CS:GO again, so I relented even after giving it up last May. Figured I'd play with him for a bit, when I quit I was ranked Gold Nova 1, so I hopped into a game to get my rank back.. struggled through.. ended up with Silver II.

Good enough reason as any to re-quit haha.

So it looks like this winter interim I'll just be on RS.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.