Sal's RuneScape Forum
Forrest Jump

PC Gaming Club

The gaming year of 2014  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What was the biggest disappointment of 2014?

• Assassin's Creed: Unity
    • Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
    • Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2
    • Destiny
    • Elder Scrolls: Online
    • The Sims 4
    • Thief
    • Sid Meyer's Civilization: Beyond Earth
    • Watch Dogs
    • Wildstar
  2. 2. What was the best game of 2014?

• Dark Souls 2
    • Divinity: Original Sin
    • Dragon Age: Inquisition
    • Far Cry 4
    • FIFA 2015
    • Heroes of Warcraft
    • Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
    • SMITE
    • South Park: Stick of Truth
    • Wolfenstein: The New Order
  3. 3. What is the most anticipated game of 2015?

• Assassin's Creed: Victory
    • Batman: Arkham Knight
    • EVOLVE
    • Grand Theft Auto 5
    • Just Cause 3
    • Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain
    • Saints Row: Gat out of Hell
    • Star Wars: Battlefront
    • The Witcher 3
    • Tom Clancy's The Division

Despite being a lowly Mac user, he does have a point :P

Yeah, but I remember a time when Mac users whined when they got no ports at all. As I see it, Mac users should stop gaming period and not expect companies to port to that particular OS.

I started playing Divinity: Original Sin because the enhanced edition came out and I never finished the original, and hot damn that's still a good game. I hope I actually get to the end this time because I am genuinely interested in the story. I also bought and started X: Rebirth and I don't think I'm into it. It seems so cool in concept but I just get sorta overwhelmed and give up. Anybody else familiar with the X games?

seriously in doubt about buying or not buying the witcher 3, I have the 2 older games but only partially played the first one (quit because their mac "port" sucked ass)

the fact that both ports sucked, which reflects really bad on the studio, and that it is real time makes me doubt it

I prefer my turn based games (our pauzeable)

That's really too bad, because it's such a fantastic game otherwise. I can get not wanting to take that risk though. You could always wait for it to inevitably become dirt cheap!

I started playing Divinity: Original Sin because the enhanced edition came out and I never finished the original, and hot damn that's still a good game. I hope I actually get to the end this time because I am genuinely interested in the story. I also bought and started X: Rebirth and I don't think I'm into it. It seems so cool in concept but I just get sorta overwhelmed and give up. Anybody else familiar with the X games?

seriously in doubt about buying or not buying the witcher 3, I have the 2 older games but only partially played the first one (quit because their mac "port" sucked ass)

the fact that both ports sucked, which reflects really bad on the studio, and that it is real time makes me doubt it

I prefer my turn based games (our pauzeable)

That's really too bad, because it's such a fantastic game otherwise. I can get not wanting to take that risk though. You could always wait for it to inevitably become dirt cheap!

• I had a former co-worker who was a die-hard fan of the X series, but I hardly know anything about it about it beyond it being a space combat simulator, I think?
  • The Witcher 3 is amazing. I have spent 20 hours on the game, and storyline-wise, I just got sent to Velen to look for clues for a certain someone. I would have gone to the two possible paths availible to me after finding the spy notes, but... I am running around trying to clear all the small undiscovered points of interest. Just had a 5 minute long duel with a 9 level higher Forktail where I could be 1-hit KO'd , killed it and got the amazing sword he was guarding. Felt damn good. :D

I started playing Divinity: Original Sin because the enhanced edition came out and I never finished the original, and hot damn that's still a good game. I hope I actually get to the end this time because I am genuinely interested in the story.

they completely reworked the ending to make it better and they succeeded, finished my second playthough (in co-op with the gee eff) in 95 hours (on the extremely hard mode where you get extra random opponents not normally in the game) and we didn't find all star stones this time either

so prepare to spend a wee bit of time on this one :P

Edited by Egghebrecht

O%20rly_zpszeqdxx7e.png

Caught me off guard. :P

check out this new game on kickstarter (with a playable demo already)

https://www.kickstar...ion/description

I find their non linear approach to storytelling to be extremely appealing

and 13€ ain't much of a risk either

Edited by Egghebrecht

L0A4Ihc.jpg?1

Kebab stronk

remove wienerschnitzel

jPBCdnU.png

nbd

....did you by any chance do a Transmog run to fill up our new wardrobe system and got lucky? Congratulations, anyway! :D

If you like mounts, by the way, do the Fishing Shack change as fast as possible before it get changed. You get 3 great mounts from it, 1 of which will be highly useful in Legion. :cute:

jPBCdnU.png

nbd

....did you by any chance do a Transmog run to fill up our new wardrobe system and got lucky? Congratulations, anyway! :D

If you like mounts, by the way, do the Fishing Shack change as fast as possible before it get changed. You get 3 great mounts from it, 1 of which will be highly useful in Legion. :cute:

Hmm. Hmmm. Hmm. Yes, I know some of these words.

That magnetic head noise on the floppy disk, like a bloody madeleine :(

jPBCdnU.png

nbd

Yeah I was getting T6 on my rogue since it looks really good with the ability to hide shoulders. Figured I'd kill KJ for the achievement and what do you know I got a bow. Not sure that I'm aware of the Fishing Shack thing, I don't play at all in WoD really.

jPBCdnU.png

nbd

Yeah I was getting T6 on my rogue since it looks really good with the ability to hide shoulders. Figured I'd kill KJ for the achievement and what do you know I got a bow. Not sure that I'm aware of the Fishing Shack thing, I don't play at all in WoD really.

It involves getting the (previously) ultra-rare Sea Turtle and Riding Turtle mounts. :P

Vault-Tec Workshop report:

short quests, but decent

holy crap, huge area

huge area, but not very usable

nifty items and building things, all in all

when it's under attack, the attackers are spread all over the map, wtf

assassins creed syndicate keeps crashing for some reason and suddenly XCOM 2 is 50% off on steam for the complete edition

so yeah screw them aliens

also hearthstone, because magic the gathering light for free from your couch is great

So Witcher 3 (http://store.steampowered.com/app/292030/?snr=1_5_9__205) is on sale for 50% until this Friday for anyone who doesn't have it yet, including me until last night.

Witcher's 1 and 2 are also $2-3 each, grab them while you still can.

So Witcher 3 (http://store.steampo...?snr=1_5_9__205) is on sale for 50% until this Friday for anyone who doesn't have it yet, including me until last night.

1 and 2 recommended? Computer is a bit old so I can't run the third one.

And I have finals in 2 weeks damnit..

So Witcher 3 (http://store.steampo...?snr=1_5_9__205) is on sale for 50% until this Friday for anyone who doesn't have it yet, including me until last night.

1 and 2 recommended? Computer is a bit old so I can't run the third one.

And I have finals in 2 weeks damnit..

2 is pretty good; 1 is like that game where the developer is trying to get on their feet so it's a little buggy, but I'd still get both at that price.

My younger brother bought American Truck Simulator a few days back, and that made me want to drive my own truck in ETS again. Booted up Euro Truck 2 and I've logged much of my free time the past few days into that..

I have no idea what draws me to the game, but I really do love it. Sheesh.

My younger brother bought American Truck Simulator a few days back, and that made me want to drive my own truck in ETS again. Booted up Euro Truck 2 and I've logged much of my free time the past few days into that..

It's like a drug, you'd say "what's so good about driving a truck throughout Europe....MUST COMPLETE ONE MORE CARGO TRIP"

It's like a drug, you'd say "what's so good about driving a truck throughout Europe....MUST COMPLETE ONE MORE CARGO TRIP"

Honestly though, it's like the Truck Simulator equivalent of Civ 5's "one more turn!"

Especially if I tell myself I'll just run a quick route across Germany, next thing I know I'll get distracted with something else.

Oh look! Jan H. is slacking off with only $1000/week and needs a prompt firing.

Oh now I have to find someone else to hire.

Oh wait there is room for that garage to grow, let me just hop over and upgrade it.

Well now I need two more drivers.

And two more trucks.

But I only have money for 1.5 trucks..

Better run another route.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.