Sal's RuneScape Forum
Forrest Jump

PC Gaming Club

The gaming year of 2014  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What was the biggest disappointment of 2014?

• Assassin's Creed: Unity
    • Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
    • Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2
    • Destiny
    • Elder Scrolls: Online
    • The Sims 4
    • Thief
    • Sid Meyer's Civilization: Beyond Earth
    • Watch Dogs
    • Wildstar
  2. 2. What was the best game of 2014?

• Dark Souls 2
    • Divinity: Original Sin
    • Dragon Age: Inquisition
    • Far Cry 4
    • FIFA 2015
    • Heroes of Warcraft
    • Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
    • SMITE
    • South Park: Stick of Truth
    • Wolfenstein: The New Order
  3. 3. What is the most anticipated game of 2015?

• Assassin's Creed: Victory
    • Batman: Arkham Knight
    • EVOLVE
    • Grand Theft Auto 5
    • Just Cause 3
    • Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain
    • Saints Row: Gat out of Hell
    • Star Wars: Battlefront
    • The Witcher 3
    • Tom Clancy's The Division

Only thing i've bough so far has been Amnesia and that was on Desura so i could get the native Linux version :(

Bought Terraria for half off. I love me some steam sales.

Also,

M8kez.png

Holy!!!!

Do they make harddrives that big?

It makes me feel bad knowing that I'll never win the Grand Prize as you have to actually buy games you don't own to unlock achievements for. Not to mention the biggest no-life will win it. Also, 3rd prize is retarded.

Nuclear Dawn is good.

It makes me feel bad knowing that I'll never win the Grand Prize as you have to actually buy games you don't own to unlock achievements for. Not to mention the biggest no-life will win it. Also, 3rd prize is retarded.

Nuclear Dawn is good.

You never know. It's possible that somebody without a single achievement could win the grand prize.

I'm just trading whatever coal I come across for games. That's the best way to go about it, I think.

Only thing i've bough so far has been Amnesia and that was on Desura so i could get the native Linux version :(

AW yeah. I bought Amnesia too. $5, what a great deal.

It's safe to say I pissed myself playing that game with my friend at 4am.

Nuclear Dawn is good.

Actually they give you one free achievement a day and that's been giving me coal.

You won't win the Grand Prize from doing the free achievements each day, unless you trade your gifts for a shizzle tonne of coal.

Entries will be based on the number of coal remaining in your Steam Inventory on January 2nd at 10am PST.

Sounds to me like it'll be most coal wins. Unless you own all the games that require achievements, or you have alarge amount of people who are willing to actually trade you coal. Unless I'm missing something here? :(

Speaking of I'm willing to gift somebody Dogfighter if they gift me something back in return. :D

Edited by Dannnehhh

You won't win the Grand Prize from doing the free achievements each day, unless you trade your gifts for a shizzle tonne of coal.

Entries will be based on the number of coal remaining in your Steam Inventory on January 2nd at 10am PST.

Sounds to me like it'll be most coal wins. Unless you own all the games that require achievements, or you have alarge amount of people who are willing to actually trade you coal. Unless I'm missing something here? :(

Speaking of I'm willing to gift somebody Dogfighter if they gift me something back in return. :D

There's like a one in 35000000000 chance, but it's a chance :D

Having the most entries in a drawing doesn't necessarily mean you'll win... The person with the most pieces of coal in the whole community would still have just a fraction of the total number of coals in circulation.

Having the most entries in a drawing doesn't necessarily mean you'll win... The person with the most pieces of coal in the whole community would still have just a fraction of the total number of coals in circulation.

No. It clearly states on the number of coal REMAINING. Which means whoever has the most coal, will win.

No. It clearly states on the number of coal REMAINING. Which means whoever has the most coal, will win.

Hold on, you seriously thought that the grand prize is given to whoever has the most coal? Reread the rules, it's been made pretty darn obvious that coals are just like raffle tickets in a drawing... Having the most coals does not mean you automatically win, unless of course you own every coal in circulation.

Edited by Pig

No, the more coal you have the more likely you are to win since you have more entries. I have two, plus a 33% off Valve Games voucher that i'm never going to use since i have the complete pack and nobody on facebook seems to want it... hint hint :(

Speaking of which, i just played through Portal. Surprisingly short, good game but i feel it was ruined a bit for me by spoilers. Doesn't help that i watched an entire play through of Portal 2 either :D

Downloading New Vegas now, we'll see how well that runs in Wine :D

If you aren't hoarding dozens of coals they're most likely going to go to waste after the drawing. I think the safe thing to do is to trade them for sale games; I've done it with a few of mine already and plan on doing it with the coals I get in the future achievements.

I'm still not even close to finishing Portal and I've had it ever since the free giveaway. >:(

I started at like eight, had a long break in between and finished at two :D

There's not much in the sale so far i'd actually like. I was tempted by Orcs Must Die but i realized that i'd never actually play it. Plus i have nobody to trade with :(

foreveralone.jpg

There's a lot of stuff going down in the Steam trading forum. I remember one guy who was buying hundreds of dollars' worth of games for people in exchange for coal. :(

I agree with you on Orcs Must Die. It was pretty interesting for the first hour but it became really repetitive.

Anybody else bought Payday?

(Imagine Left 4 Dead with the Cops as the Zombies, and they can shoot back.)

Edited by Sonata

I got a 25% off coupon on any valve title. Dunno what to use it on. :(

The coupons don't work until after the winter sale. It's cheaper to buy games now without the coupons than to buy them with coupons after the sale. I just gave my coupons away since most of them are worthless.

I still haven't got the Group Join achievement even after being in the group since 5 mins into today's sale..

Can anyone link me to the group to make sure I have the right one?

Oh wow, too late...

Edited by SantasFate

I still haven't got the Group Join achievement even after being in the group since 5 mins into today's sale..

Can anyone link me to the group to make sure I have the right one?

Oh wow, too late...

You can do achievements of past days. Just go to the page with all the achievements and scroll down to the bottom.

Also I can't get any of the F2P achievements because it will take past the competition end date to download them :(

So I'm a real steam noob, how do I even see the screen where the coupons and coal would show up :(

So I'm a real steam noob, how do I even see the screen where the coupons and coal would show up :(

Go to your profile, on the right hand side there'll be a set of links to things like videos and screenshots you've taken. Your Steam inventory is among those.

I cba to load the page so I'm doing this from memory though. :3

So I'm a real steam noob, how do I even see the screen where the coupons and coal would show up :D

Here we go.

:(

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.