Sal's RuneScape Forum
Forrest Jump

PC Gaming Club

The gaming year of 2014  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What was the biggest disappointment of 2014?

• Assassin's Creed: Unity
    • Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
    • Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2
    • Destiny
    • Elder Scrolls: Online
    • The Sims 4
    • Thief
    • Sid Meyer's Civilization: Beyond Earth
    • Watch Dogs
    • Wildstar
  2. 2. What was the best game of 2014?

• Dark Souls 2
    • Divinity: Original Sin
    • Dragon Age: Inquisition
    • Far Cry 4
    • FIFA 2015
    • Heroes of Warcraft
    • Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
    • SMITE
    • South Park: Stick of Truth
    • Wolfenstein: The New Order
  3. 3. What is the most anticipated game of 2015?

• Assassin's Creed: Victory
    • Batman: Arkham Knight
    • EVOLVE
    • Grand Theft Auto 5
    • Just Cause 3
    • Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain
    • Saints Row: Gat out of Hell
    • Star Wars: Battlefront
    • The Witcher 3
    • Tom Clancy's The Division

I haven't played Amnesia since I got to the part where the wind blew the door open. That was about 2 minutes into the game.

All of you are BABIES.

I am building diaper changing station!

I haven't played Amnesia since I got to the part where the wind blew the door open. That was about 2 minutes into the game.

All of you are BABIES.

Sounds cool, I bought dead space 2 but can't play it until I get home, how does it compare?

I downloaded Killing Floor (not bought it yet, but my friend had a trial and I intend to soon) and TF2 for my new computer. Might try Fallout 3 too. Should cost £8.50 or so for Fallout and Killing Floor. The two I've played run seamlessly.

My steam name is "pastramiofhate" by the way :(

I downloaded Killing Floor (not bought it yet, but my friend had a trial and I intend to soon) and TF2 for my new computer. Might try Fallout 3 too. Should cost £8.50 or so for Fallout and Killing Floor. The two I've played run seamlessly.

You won't have time for Killing Floor and Fallout, TF2 is so addictive :D

You won't have time for Killing Floor and Fallout, TF2 is so addictive :D

Fallout is my favourite series in the world, I shall make time!

I bought Amnesia but still haven't installed it. I have Skyrim, MW3, Battlefield 3, and Just Cause 2. It's gonna be a long time before I get to go through Amnesia.

All of you are BABIES.

Uhhuh, really?

the game itself isn't that bad.

Until the water level.

The water level is about ten minutes into the game :(

All of you are BABIES.

Sounds cool, I bought dead space 2 but can't play it until I get home, how does it compare?

My roommate a friend and I would play Amnesia and Dead Space 2 and while DS2 was scary you have a way to defend yourself. So things pop up, you jump, but then you shoot them.

Amnesia just fudges with your head. There aren't that many bad guys but the thought that knowing there could be one and you have no way to defend yourself really makes you go crazy.

I bought Amnesia but still haven't installed it. I have Skyrim, MW3, Battlefield 3, and Just Cause 2. It's gonna be a long time before I get to go through Amnesia.

All of you are BABIES.

Uhhuh, really?

the game itself isn't that bad.

Until the water level.

The water level is about ten minutes into the game :(

Haha after the water level you go into the prison. I'm about halfway through the game. On this gamershell walkthrough it's listed as: part XIII Prison Exploration :D

And I'm upset that nobody picked up that that was a TF2 quote. :D

Edited by redmonke

I haven't played TF2 since unlockable items first came out... what have i missed? I heard somebody talking about bosses the other day?

I haven't played TF2 since unlockable items first came out... what have i missed? I heard somebody talking about bosses the other day?

What was that? Was it the pyro update? Jesus, that was like three years ago now.

First, and the most important: Hats.

Second: There are way more weapons now. The fun part is that most of them aren't direct upgrades. The Direct Hit for the soldier is a nice exaple.

• +80% Rocket Speed,
  • +25% Damage,
  • Guaranteed minicrits on airborne targets,
  • -70% splash damage radius.

Although some may be a bit better than they should be. e.g. Enforcer, Tomislav

Third: Bosses. There are only two, and they only appear on certain maps. These maps are holiday maps and aren't normally in a server rotation. And even then, the bosses aren't a 100% priority. They are just super powerful guys with a lot of health.

Fourth: The Wiki is always a nice resource.

Did no-one take me up on the offer of a free BF3 code? Seriously?

Only problem is that it's code for a different country so I'll need to persuade EA to change the country for whoever wants it.

Edited by SantasFate

Which country is it? :(

http://store.steampowered.com/sale/StarWars

I bought KOTOR in the autumn sale, haven't played any of the others. Hmm...

What was that? Was it the pyro update? Jesus, that was like three years ago now.

First, and the most important: Hats.

Second: There are way more weapons now. The fun part is that most of them aren't direct upgrades. The Direct Hit for the soldier is a nice exaple.

• +80% Rocket Speed,
  • +25% Damage,
  • Guaranteed minicrits on airborne targets,
  • -70% splash damage radius.

Although some may be a bit better than they should be. e.g. Enforcer, Tomislav

Third: Bosses. There are only two, and they only appear on certain maps. These maps are holiday maps and aren't normally in a server rotation. And even then, the bosses aren't a 100% priority. They are just super powerful guys with a lot of health.

Fourth: The Wiki is always a nice resource.

Yeah, probably about then... i think the Pyro, Scout, Spy and maybe Medic had items? I also have the 'cheater's lament' hat. Should probably get round to installing it :D

Edited by Caboose

Which country is it? :(

http://store.steampowered.com/sale/StarWars

I bought KOTOR in the autumn sale, haven't played any of the others. Hmm...

Last time I tried to get Star Wars it was going to cost over $100 billion so this is a good deal.

Would buy again.

192px-Official_Portrait_of_President_Reagan_1981.jpg

Edited by theking1322

Posted this is Tech Support but I'll put here aswell incase anyone can help.

Using An Xbox 360 Controller (wired) On Windows 7 64 Bit

Basically I bought an XBOX 360 controller to use on my laptop, I have plugged it in to the USB and downloaded the required drivers from the Microsoft website, yet when I try to use it nothing happens, and the middle buttons ring light just flashes no matter how long I hold it, can anyone help?

Just got gifted the Fallout 1, 2 and Tactics pack. Between this and KOTOR i think i'm set for RPG goodness for the next few years :(

Although looking at the file sizes i'm started to regret my partition choices. I can probably change them, but i have 70GB free and a lot left to install:

i4f88c7wy5yOs.png

Plus Halo CE if i decide to... and a few other games i have on disks (remember those?). Damn hard drive prices. At least humble bundle and native Linux games go in a different partition.

Anyway... tempted by Assassins Creed 1/2 for the price. Thoughts?

Is there a holiday trading group? Cause I have coupons and stuff I don't need/want

There are Steam forums. I started off buying $10 worth of games and after about 3 days of trading I have $60 worth of games (about $150 at non-sale price). You can make a handy profit if you have a lot of spare time. :(

You won't get squat for your coupons, though. Everybody has them.

Edited by Pig

I just got gifted, The Orange Box, I've got it on PS3 already so anyone want to trade for other games?

Sorry about that, it's not tradeable :(

Edited by Joyful Lemon

I just got gifted, The Orange Box, I've got it on PS3 already so anyone want to trade for other games?

Sorry about that, it's not tradeable :(

You can still trade it through gifting. It works fine as long as you have someone with rep going second.

Sorry about that, it's not tradeable :D

You can still trade it through gifting. It works fine as long as you have someone with rep going second.

Oh well, started downloading them anyway, TF2 Beta looks cool :(

TF2 Beta? You mean that's not some weird thing that just randomly showed up in my library? Does it require TF2 to be installed? Because it's only 4GB, wheras the normal TF2 is 10...

TF2 Beta? You mean that's not some weird thing that just randomly showed up in my library? Does it require TF2 to be installed? Because it's only 4GB, wheras the normal TF2 is 10...

It's the live beta from before tf2 was released iirc

It's the live beta from before tf2 was released iirc

Wiki says different...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.