Sal's RuneScape Forum
Forrest Jump

PC Gaming Club

The gaming year of 2014  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What was the biggest disappointment of 2014?

• Assassin's Creed: Unity
    • Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
    • Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2
    • Destiny
    • Elder Scrolls: Online
    • The Sims 4
    • Thief
    • Sid Meyer's Civilization: Beyond Earth
    • Watch Dogs
    • Wildstar
  2. 2. What was the best game of 2014?

• Dark Souls 2
    • Divinity: Original Sin
    • Dragon Age: Inquisition
    • Far Cry 4
    • FIFA 2015
    • Heroes of Warcraft
    • Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
    • SMITE
    • South Park: Stick of Truth
    • Wolfenstein: The New Order
  3. 3. What is the most anticipated game of 2015?

• Assassin's Creed: Victory
    • Batman: Arkham Knight
    • EVOLVE
    • Grand Theft Auto 5
    • Just Cause 3
    • Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain
    • Saints Row: Gat out of Hell
    • Star Wars: Battlefront
    • The Witcher 3
    • Tom Clancy's The Division

>Reinstalled Modern Warfare 2

>Going on a random team deathmatch game

>Aimbotter

>nope.avi

>Uninstalled Modern Warfare 2

The funniest Yogscast episode (which isn't saying much) was them playing MW3 and pretending to be completely oblivious towards all the aimbots.

"He's just so good at this game. Is he one of the devs at Infinity Ward? Oh wait, there are no devs left at Infinity Ward."

Nobody voted for it probably because it sucks and was disappointing.

...and it's still one of the top 5 games on this poll, I'd reckon. Just because you think it sucks, doesn't mean it did.

Nobody voted for it probably because it sucks and was disappointing.

...and it's still one of the top 5 games on this poll, I'd reckon. Just because you think it sucks, doesn't mean it did.

It's a decent game, but definitely not what we were hoping for. There's deep flaws everywhere and a ton of graphical glitches and nonsense bugs.

I made a montage video of recent Co-op games with my ArmA 2 group. What do you guys think?

I've been playing Dustforce recently. The game is another approach to the format of platformers. The gamepad controls for it work really well when you set it properly.

I highly recommend it if you're a fan of the SMB/Indie platformers series.

I made a montage video of recent Co-op games with my ArmA 2 group. What do you guys think?

Really good vid well done on music

Hey guys I'm looking at getting a new game or two on my laptop. I want to get an RTS game but have no idea what ones are good, as the most recent RTS games I've played were Empire Earth and Battle for Middle Earth/BfME2.

Any suggestions? I'm most interested in medieval RTS games.

Hey guys I'm looking at getting a new game or two on my laptop. I want to get an RTS game but have no idea what ones are good, as the most recent RTS games I've played were Empire Earth and Battle for Middle Earth/BfME2.

I've heard good things about Rome: Total War and Age of Empires III.

C&C 3: Tiberium Wars isn't a medieval RTS but it's an amazing game that I definitely recommend getting (it's like a futuristic version of BfME II basically).

I've heard good things about Rome: Total War and Age of Empires III.

C&C 3: Tiberium Wars isn't a medieval RTS but it's an amazing game that I definitely recommend getting (it's like a futuristic version of BfME II basically).

Age of empires is a great game

Rome: Total War is so good, that once every 12-18 months, I get the urge to install it again and play the hell out of that campaign mode and try to take over the entire world.

It's old, but god damn, it's so fun.

The most obvious and probably best choice would be Medieval 2 Total War, my favourite game in the series, due in part to the settting which you pointed out so should be good smile.png

Also does anyone know how much TF2 items are worth in a trade, stuff I have:

Noise Maker - Winter Holiday

The Cloak And Dagger

Your Eternal Reward

The Tribalman's Shiv

The Machina

Mann Co. Supply Crate

The Sydney Sleeper

The Winger

Tomislav

The Killing Gloves Of Boxing

Secret Saxton

How much is that worth? Thanks for any help in advance :(

Edited by Joyful Lemon

The most obvious and probably best choice would be Medieval 2 Total War, my favourite game in the series, due in part to the settting which you pointed out so should be good smile.png

Also does anyone know how much TF2 items are worth in a trade, stuff I have:

Noise Maker - Winter Holiday

The Cloak And Dagger

Your Eternal Reward

The Tribalman's Shiv

The Machina

Mann Co. Supply Crate

The Sydney Sleeper

The Winger

Tomislav

The Killing Gloves Of Boxing

Secret Saxton

How much is that worth? Thanks for any help in advance smile.png

In terms of metal that's just a couple reclaimed.

Only the Mann Co. Crate is worth much.

At a push, you might be able to get a scrap each for the Noise Maker and all the weapons. Depending on what type of crate it is it could be anything from eight refined to four crates for a weapon. The Saxton would be worth about a reclaimed, two at a push.

#32 also I probably won't trade them, was hoping I could get another game rather than more TF2 items :(

Yeah, there's no way in hell anyone would trade a game for those items, sorry dude.

Speaking of TF2 items, if someone wants to trade money/games for mine, hit me up.

www.tf2items.com/id/evaaaaa

#32 also I probably won't trade them, was hoping I could get another game rather than more TF2 items tongue.png

# 32 is worthless (as are most crates). Just a heads up - you'd need hundreds of hours' worth of drops to amass enough TF2 metal to trade for a decent game. If you don't have promos or unusuals it's easier to just buy the games yourself.

Edited by Pig

Yikes on the poll--I really liked BF3 & Portal 2 and am drooling over Skyrim. I voted for BF3: it's a great game despite the noticeable lack of Commanders.

Yikes on the poll--I really liked BF3 & Portal 2 and am drooling over Skyrim. I voted for BF3: it's a great game despite the noticeable lack of Commanders.

And VOIP....that's annoying.

And VOIP....that's annoying.

Sometimes, but the bigger issue is team coordination. Especially on Metro, everyone is so keen on choke points that nobody really tries to break through. When you're playing USA (starting underground), everyone stops to capture C but only 3-4 guys skip along to B. In reality, all but one should run by C and make a head-to-head play for B. I literally stood next to the escelators and shot rockets (SMAW) up--and I got most of my kills that way. I even managed to slip through the battlelines and onto A--but nobody followed. Even after capturing A, nobody spawned there. Everyone was still slogging it out with LMG's, rockets, grenades, and the occasional sniper rifle. With a half-coordinated team or at least a few good squads, you could make a few strategic plays and easily break through their defenses...

Anyways, what I'm saying is that I agree--VoIP was cool. I really liked how it was setup in BF2--squads who can chatter amongst themselves and Commanders who can talk to squad leaders, coordinating the battle and assisting however possible.

Edited by Bob-sama

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.