Sal's RuneScape Forum
Forrest Jump

PC Gaming Club

The gaming year of 2014  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What was the biggest disappointment of 2014?

• Assassin's Creed: Unity
    • Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
    • Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2
    • Destiny
    • Elder Scrolls: Online
    • The Sims 4
    • Thief
    • Sid Meyer's Civilization: Beyond Earth
    • Watch Dogs
    • Wildstar
  2. 2. What was the best game of 2014?

• Dark Souls 2
    • Divinity: Original Sin
    • Dragon Age: Inquisition
    • Far Cry 4
    • FIFA 2015
    • Heroes of Warcraft
    • Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
    • SMITE
    • South Park: Stick of Truth
    • Wolfenstein: The New Order
  3. 3. What is the most anticipated game of 2015?

• Assassin's Creed: Victory
    • Batman: Arkham Knight
    • EVOLVE
    • Grand Theft Auto 5
    • Just Cause 3
    • Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain
    • Saints Row: Gat out of Hell
    • Star Wars: Battlefront
    • The Witcher 3
    • Tom Clancy's The Division

So on the Steam sale today, there's Metro 2033. Worthwhile endeavor or exercise in futility? (Mind you, I love post-apocalypse survival games. Horror games, not so much.)

While I haven't played it, I've seen an LP of it. Looks very good, but keep in mind it is a linear game. The storyline in my opinion was pretty awesome, and the overall art and design of the game was good. Not really much of a horror game, there are some eerie parts, but it's no Dead Space. I'd say go for it.

I was thinking about buying GTA4 for 10 euro the other day, but I hestated. Today, the GTA collection edition is out for 7.49 Euro. Thank god for being patient. Looking forward to GTA 4 whenever I have the time to sit down with it. :D

What makes it awesome is that I owned almost none of those games. I borrowed GTA + GTA 2 on the old playstation, I borrowed GTA 3 + Vice City on PS2, I own GTA: San Andreas on PS2 but the disc got molested by the cat so.. not only will I own the old favourites, but I get to play GTA 4 and Episodes from Liberty City. Not bad. Not bad at all.

Edited by Yuanrang

the disc got molested by the cat

This is why you keep it in a box

Enjoy the game though!

Played Portal 2. I love the soundtracks, they make me feel like I'm one with the universe or some shizzle like that. Trippy as fudge

the disc got molested by the cat

This is why you keep it in a box

Enjoy the game though!

Yeah, it was my stepbrother's fault. I was gone at Uni at the time so it was out of my hands. :P

That said, I will enjoy it. I did the time I played through it the first time, so I figure that pack will be very enjoyable, all in all.

I just won a Starcraft 2 game on a mere technicality.

I was lazying through the game, relying on Warp Gates to build an army on demand. He's building a big army of Void Rays and Zealots. I dropped 4 satellite bases on different resource piles and focused on acquiring Gas. He only built 1 satellite and eventually dropped a second near Rich Minerals. As he built his force, he forgot one crucial thing: Observers. He rushed one satellite before attacking my main base. That gave me enough time to warp in a bunch of Dark Templars at a remote base. While he was destroying my first base, my Dark Templars attacked and easily overwhelmed his Cannons before rampaging through his base.

He moves on to destroy each of my satellite bases and, destroying my last Nexus, I start warping in another Nexus and a bunch of Pylons and Starports back at my original base. Before that new base could finish, however, my DTs managed to destroy every structure of his. He lost only because he had no base at all.

Here's the replay, if you wanna watch: http://bit.ly/P8iZnp

I just won a Starcraft 2 game on a mere technicality.

I was lazying through the game, relying on Warp Gates to build an army on demand. He's building a big army of Void Rays and Zealots. I dropped 4 satellite bases on different resource piles and focused on acquiring Gas. He only built 1 satellite and eventually dropped a second near Rich Minerals. As he built his force, he forgot one crucial thing: Observers. He rushed one satellite before attacking my main base. That gave me enough time to warp in a bunch of Dark Templars at a remote base. While he was destroying my first base, my Dark Templars attacked and easily overwhelmed his Cannons before rampaging through his base.

He moves on to destroy each of my satellite bases and, destroying my last Nexus, I start warping in another Nexus and a bunch of Pylons and Starports back at my original base. Before that new base could finish, however, my DTs managed to destroy every structure of his. He lost only because he had no base at all.

Here's the replay, if you wanna watch: http://bit.ly/P8iZnp

I would suggest skipping practice league, it's played on a slow speed to ladder and the maps encourage bad play. VS voidrays in PvP, if you don't do a blink stalker all in early the only other option to beat it is a archon toilet, Where you get a mothership to cast vortex on all the air units and then put your own archons in it. When the vortex is over the voidrays stack up while your archons hit all of them at once due to their splash, normally 5 or so archons will be able to instantly kill them all.

In a base race scenario like yours, you want to run as many probes out as you can and spam buildings all around the map so it takes longer for them to kill you. Once you kill all their nexus/hatcherys/command centres they are revealed, showing the location of all other buildings(but not units). You also need to work on mechanics, but that you will learn them just by playing.

If you need help with stuff just ask, I'm in grandmaster league and ranked 39th on the ladder.

Edited by zapy

Help: I'm always being raped by Protoss!

Easiest way is to 4 gate, easy wins but you don't learn how to play the match up doing it. I don't have a replay of it because no one does it in higher leagues, they do stupid variations that let it attack 30 seconds earlier, but can only warp in 2 rounds.

2 chrono on probes, 4 on warpgate.

9 pylon

12 gate

14 gas

16 pylon

17 core

18 zealot

21 stalker

24 warpgate research

cut probes

add 3 gates to go to 4

stalker

when warpgate is @ 80% proxy pylon right next to their base

warp in 4 stalkers

win because you have 7 units @ 5:40 inside their base.

Edited by zapy

That REALLY doesn't help when I'm Terran or Zerg.

Oh I thought you were a protoss player.

Corrupters/vikings vs collo

Ghosts vs HT

Marine marauder medivac as terran

Roach hydra for protoss

keep ahead on upgrades and 1 base ahead for zerg. and you should be fine.

Looked on my Steam today to see I've got a 75% off portal 2 token, it's free for whoever wants it, just message me or reply to this post :P

Looked on my Steam today to see I've got a 75% off portal 2 token, it's free for whoever wants it, just message me or reply to this post :P

Everyone has the 75% Portal 2 coupon. It's been given out due to some new co-op content for Portal 2. :P

Playing tons of TF2 MvM. Mostly Pyro and Engineer, how 'bout you guys?

Playing tons of TF2 MvM. Mostly Pyro and Engineer, how 'bout you guys?

I've been playing TF2 a bit more as of late. I just tried GTA 4 for the first time, so I have been busy with that, and I just can not stop playing Mass Effect 3's Multiplayer. Too fun.

Bump but who cares, PC is best game.

I got ArmA II: Combined Ops for only $15. I've being doing Boot Camp so far and it's an interesting experience. Any helpful tips/pointers? @theking1322 where art thou?

Bump but who cares, PC is best game.

I got ArmA II: Combined Ops for only $15. I've being doing Boot Camp so far and it's an interesting experience. Any helpful tips/pointers? @theking1322 where art thou?

Make sure you do the Operation Arrowhead bootcamp (the desert one) as the ArmA 2 one is absolute shizzle.

Download PlayWithSix to allow you to install and launch mods automatically.

You'll probably be interested in DayZ.

As for bumps, it is allowed if it adds something to the topic. Since this is about PC gaming in general, there is nothing wrong with 99.9% of the posts content-wise.

Heck, even Steam falls under this thread and well... with the current sale, I am sure most of the people in this section has a few new PC games as of the past few days. :P

The complete GTA IV game is only $7.50 right now, but I think I'll wait for GTA V (it hasn't been officially confirmed, but I'm sure it will still release for PC).

Also, Steam sales rock and it's one of the biggest positives of PC gaming :D

I got GTA 4 Complete in the GTA bundle during summer, so I am set there, thankfully.

I am somewhat underwhelmed by the Steam-sale though. I have usually seen better deals at GMG and Amazon during this holiday, than on Steam. That said, I have gotten a few games off Steam, but the games I were hoping for to be rather dirt cheap has not really been lowered much. :/

Oh well, I have a massive backlog anyway, so I'm not suffering the slightest plus the new games I got just increase the backlog even further. :P

So I finally pulled the trigger on Skyrim and I am enjoying it. The graphics are absolutely amazing and the story, so far, interesting enough.

So I finally pulled the trigger on Skyrim and I am enjoying it. The graphics are absolutely amazing and the story, so far, interesting enough.

if you think the graphics are amazing now you might want to check out a couple of mods, they might just blow your mind :P

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.