Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dark Archer

Forum HomePage LIVE User Chat Box!

Hello,

I imagine this has either been suggested already or thought about and not implemented for whatever reason. But i was thinking how about adding a live communication chat box to the home page of the forums, so us members can instantly communicate back and forth with small talk or whatever. I see this forum template is powered by the same source other forums use that have a chat box implemented. The chat box could be used for necessary instant communication for game or forum related things, it would come in handy and be enjoyable i believe by many members!

I see where you are coming from, but it will sadly not happen.

If you think about it, a chatbox would simply be a tad superfluous. First of all, a lot of the need for a live chatting tool is fulfilled ingame by the Clan Chat. Furthermore, a chatbox would invalidate the purpose of our forum. Our community is not as active as it once was, and with a chatbox, most of the activity would occur there since it is a logical place to chat. That means less and less people would post, which in turn would invalidate most of the subforums around.

I have seen rather clear and accurate evidence to support the latter claim. A Chatbox is a nice feature, but for our community, it would be a disaster at this point. :P

A healthy alternative to this exists in the 'update status' function of the board. By clicking the arrow to the right of your username at the top of every page, you can update a status from any page on sals. This way you can share your idea, link, opinion, whatever you'd like (short of breaking the rules) in this box. Others may be free to comment back.

There are chat services that are used widely by sals, including Skype, irc, teamspeak and also the ingame friend and clan chats.

Hope this helps and welcome.