Sal's RuneScape Forum
Guitarguy

Black or Blue Pens

39 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer black pens or blue pens?

Black or blue.

There is no middle ground.

Edited by Guitarguy

This is such a fantastic question.

Often, I simply use the first one I grabbed from my backpack, but seeing as there is no middle ground you have forced me to make a more thoughtful decision.

So, let's talk black. A nice, conservative color to be sure. Shows up well on all types of paper, and is definitely used by (I would assume) a vast majority of important paperwork over blue. I would say that black is more of a formal-business color, while blue might be business casual. Since business casual is more comfortable than formal attire, and I prefer to have a little bit of color in my otherwise monotonous life of notebook writing, I choose BLUE.

Also, in my experience I feel that blue pens write better. I know this is probably biased, but it seems to be true for me.

In any case, thank you for the opportunity for me to really think about which color pen I prefer.

Black looks more professional. Does anyone ever sign with a blue pen?

It's strange. Whenever I write, be it writing pieces for English, or writing essays, or just writing for the sake of writing, I use my favourite pen, which is a blue, fine-tipped Bic pen with some duct tape wrapped around the bottom because it broke. But when I'm doing physics, or maths, I use my black pen. Or pencil. I'll vote blue however, I do prefer writing in blue.

There is no way I'm the only one who didn't read that as pens.

Can confirm.

Edited by Army of One

As a teacher, I regularily walk around with 2 blue pens in my pockets because I need them quite a bit. Since most of my students either write with pencils or pencil pens that make their writing black, the blue pen serves as a great contrast to this and make my notes far more noticeable. :)

What'd you read it as? :P

@@Yuanrang red is the official colour of teacher marks so pls adjust accordingly thank you

OT: Black. Looks cleaner, nicer, more formal. Also you never see people print out pages of blue text so ye

What'd you read it as? :P

@@Yuanrang red is the official colour of teacher marks so pls adjust accordingly thank you

OT: Black. Looks cleaner, nicer, more formal. Also you never see people print out pages of blue text so ye

Actually, while studies are not entirely conclusive, there is enough doubt regarding this particular matter. Quite a few studies have proven that red pens can have a very negative effect on the entire concept of grading, whereas some show that students react negatively towards comments written in red ink.

Thus it seems more logical to use neutral colours, hence my use of a blue one. :P

BICMS11BE_XL.jpg

That is my weapon of choice. It might not be comfortable, and it might not be the best of pens, but it is incredibly reliable and cheap which suits me since I use quite a few of them. :P

(pen)

That is my weapon of choice. It might not be comfortable, and it might not be the best of pens, but it is incredibly reliable and cheap which suits me since I use quite a few of them. :P

THIS IS MY PEN

THERE ARE MANY LIKE IT

BUT THIS PEN IS MINE

It's actually rather comfortable if you have to write only short sentences, since it rolls quite well and doesn't get dry in ten seconds

Black looks more professional. Does anyone ever sign with a blue pen?

At work I am required to sign with a blue pen to mark original signatures (as opposed to photocopies)

See, that's why I use red pens.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25151192

Bravo_clap1.gif

Edited by Arianna

Black

rhtiFE7.jpg

Pilot G-2 07 master race. If you use anything else you are a pleb.

At work I am required to sign with a blue pen to mark original signatures (as opposed to photocopies)

Or forgeries, right? It is Italy, after all.

Or forgeries, right? It is Italy, after all.

I...I'd be lashing out at you if you weren't right, it's indeed to prevent dishonest behaviour of policy salesmen :(

Pilot G-2s are doubleplusgood but 0.5 is the one and only, 0.7 is too thick

Edited by Arianna

blue since it stands out on a printed page

anything written to be read by someone else and that is more than a scribbled note is done on a paper with print already on it

so black would just be counterproductive, red or green looks stupid unless you are a teacher

Edited by Egghebrecht

anything written to be read by someone else and that is more than a scribbled note is done on a paper with print already on it

so black would just be counterproductive, red or green looks stupid unless you are a teacher

It is still pretty damn stupid as a teacher. Blue does the job far better. That said, both you and Dani are right about blue being vastly superior to black in terms of paperwork, which I personally do a lot of outside of classes. Whenever I have to sign something, rules and laws dictates that I should use a blue pen, so.. it is just an universally useful color with no downsides.

It is still pretty damn stupid as a teacher. Blue does the job far better. That said, both you and Dani are right about blue being vastly superior to black in terms of paperwork, which I personally do a lot of outside of classes. Whenever I have to sign something, rules and laws dictates that I should use a blue pen, so.. it is just an universally useful color with no downsides.

pre printed exam in black with blue writing from the student calls for another color by the teacher

but that's about it

pre printed exam in black with blue writing from the student calls for another color by the teacher

but that's about it

One teacher I had in middle school was very fond of using green pens instead of red. Problem is, she was a 100% certified goosedown on her own

Honestly, I rarely use a pen these days. If I do it's red. Red pens are never stolen, nobody likes to usually write with them. Which makes them perfect for me. I used to go through a box of black pens every month after they'd get stolen. I had one red pen for just over 6 months before it ran out of ink, I'm now on my third red pen. It's great.

It doesn't matter what colour, you still wouldn't be able to read my handwriting.

I use black BIC pens, although people think because they're cheap and disposable it's ok to borrow my pens and forget about or lose them.

I don't think it makes sense to use a blue pen for a large body of text, only for making notes.

Edited by Ambo100

rules and laws dictates that I should use a blue pen, so

This is the most European thing I've ever read.

Here in America you have the freedom to use any pen color you want.

Pens made of bald eagle feathers amirite

Seriously though: example http://nvsos.gov/Mod...?documentid=984 "use black ink only, do not highlight" is a quite common instruction, as the agent will probably write in blue ink. :cute:

Obviously, when I have to write something for private use, no one can stop me from using a dark-orange glittery pen. Or the blood of my enemies. :pirate2:

Edited by Arianna

Blue is easier to the eyes. I only use black for serious things like documents and desk graffiti.

...which is probably the explanation as to why your country is considered a joke in Europe. You should have established the basic parameters of penmanship, duh. :cute: