Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Army of One

Army of One - Completionist Cape, Vorago slaying

Army_of_One_-_Completionist.png

It's gonna be a tight squeeze to get 120 Dungeoneering and the Livid Farm (+ these terrible New Varrock tasks too) by this date but this is when I plan to get the Completionist Cape. I'd really appreciate it if you guys came along, and it would be amazing if I got a turnout like I did for my Max party. I will be getting 120 Dungeoneering as the final requirement to the Comp Cape at Daemonheim, and from there we take the boat to Al-Kharid (remember that boat from Al-Kharid to Daemonheim? You used it once in 2010 and never again after that because you had your Ring of Kinship to teleport with?) and walking from there to the Varrock Museum to pick up the Cape.

Hope to see you guys there :)

Use this clever map if you are lost.

334sw8o.png

WHAT WE WILL BE DOING:

Vorago.

The biggest, baddest boss around. Blue, rocky, and really, really annoying. Some of you have Vorago kills already. This is good. Your help will be much appreciated. A lot of you do not have Vorago kills. This is ok. Your assistance is required, experienced or not.

We will attempt to successfully complete a Sal's Realm Vorago kill. If you're a member of our community, in the clan or not, you are deemed worthy of the Sal's Realm Vorago attempt. After claiming my cape of Completionists we shall gear up and march forth to the borehole, where we challenge the giant rock to battle until death. If we are successful, we shall bask in eternal glory and mediocre wealth. If we are unsuccessful, we gear up and try once again, until we eventually give up and bow our heads in shame.

On the day of our Vorago attempt, the rotation will be GREEN BOMB. This is worrying, as this is a difficult rotation. It is highly recommended that you read up on how the Vorago fight works, and there are gear recommendations and his mechanics listed here.

http://runescape.wik...8Normal_Mode.29 (Shameful, I know)

Phase by phase breakdown

Basically, phases 1 and 2 are always the same, no matter what the weekly rotation is. Phase 1 involves a "jumper" (a player assigned with this role) grabbing the weapon piece from Vorago's body and then the team quickly depleting Vorago's health to 0.

Phase 2 involves Vorago using some heavily annoying bleed attacks, and then using a reflect attack where ALL damage done to him will be reflected to the player that is targeted by his reflect - this seems to be randomly selected. The player must use "gravity bombs" against Vorago, and then when the quicktime event "bring him down" ends players must do a set amount of damage in a very short space of time to finish the phase.

Phase 3 will be the first time Vorago uses his weekly special, and he will focus on using this for phase 3. He will also still use reflects and bleeds. In this case, it is the Green bomb rotation, and the goal is to get Vorago's health to 0.

Phase 4 involves the same as above, along with the addition of Waterfalls (you must hide behind these when they spawn or else you are hit incredibly hard) and Stone Clones, which will spawn and attack certain players, and only the person who is targeted by a specific clone can kill it. After 3 Waterfalls, the weapon piece will fall out and players need to get Vorago to 0 health as quickly as they can.

Phase 5 is very hectic indeed. It is the final stand, and players need to do more damage to Vorago than Vorago does to them - whichever side is dealing more damage, they will push the other towards the water. If players push Vorago the edge, and have the Maul of Omens constructed, the fight is over in victory. If Vorago pushes players towards their edge, they are instantly killed with no hope of survival. Vorago still does his reflects, bleeds and his weekly special here, so players need to stay strong but co-ordinated.

Also, then please read the Green Bomb section of the weekly specials. This will teach you how the green bomb will be survived.

http://runescape.wik...ecial_Overviews

I am taking upon the role of Base tank. We need a Bomb tank, and everybody else will take on the DPS role. If we actually manage to kill Vorago, please remain at the bottom of the borehole for a screenshot or two to celebrate our victory (:

TEAMSPEAK:

The Sal's Realm teamspeak is a very useful tool that will drastically increase our chances of victory. It's not compulsory, but i'm only saying that because I have no authority to actually make you go and download it ;P It is highly recommended that you download this, and even if you don't want to speak or reveal your voice you can use it to listen to what the rest of the team are saying and follow advice and orders given throughout the kill. We'll tell you what the name of the Sal's channel via the ingame chat on the day, or you can just ask somebody who knows whenever you like or find it somewhere on the forums were it got posted a few months back.

Here's a link to the download.

http://www.teamspeak...?page=downloads

You should be able to figure out which one your computer supports relatively easily.

Edited by Army of One

I can't make it because I have classes :(

NVM I can't read, I can totally make it. Was looking at the New Zealand time....

Edited by Nitua

I'm not sure if I can make it yet and if I can I probably can't go to the whole thing.

Seems like a nice time for me, so I'll hopefully be able to make it!

Grats :eater: But I can't make it unless its on f2p world (which wouldnt make sense).

Edited by Shooter585

Too bad i won't be done my bossing by then, otherwise we could comp together :<

Either way, i hope i can make it to your event. Congrats on getting so much done on the very little time you have to play :)

(remember that boat from Al-Kharid to Daemonheim? You used it once in 2010 and never again after that because you had your Ring of Kinship to teleport with?)

That still exists? Did they not move it to Taverly

EDIT: Also, BE WARNED: Daylight savings has really great timing, and is deciding to fudge with us again. At 12am, my time on the 5th of April, the clocks all go back an hour as we change back to GMT+12. So until then, this timer is actually showing a time one hour AFTER when the party will be, but after the 5th it should correct itself and I WILL DELETE THIS EDIT.

Use UTC u noob

Well, I'll definitely try to be there for when you comp but I won't be joining to Vorago for obvious reasons :P

As discussed in the cc, we will want a dedicated green bomb tank for 3-5. Far too difficult to coordinate the green bomb strategy otherwise.

Ideally the weakest dpser would take all 3 of the jump, 5th, and green bomb tank jobs.

That said, bad dps usually corresponds to lack of experience at vorago, which would make them rather unsuitable for the job.

At all times:

• Base Tank stands in melee distance of vorago and is the ONLY person with Incite turned on
  • Bomb Tank stands as far away as possible from vorago
  • DPSers stand anywhere inbetween; at least 2 steps away from both the Base and Bomb tanks, preferably everyone standing together in 1 space

Phase 1:

1. Base Tank vokes Vorago then runs to the far north, touching north wall

2. DPSers stand south of vorago and attack Vorago's back

3. GBT vokes Vorago from the top

4. Base Tank moves to melee distance DIRECTLY south of vorago and vokes

5. GBT jumps once Vorago's hp is low enough

6. Reduce Vorago's hp to 0

For Bleeds on phase 2 and 4:

1. Base Tank vokes Vorago

2. Bleed 1: Base Tank uses Freedom

3. Bleed 2: Base Tank uses Escape, V3 vokes

4. Bleed 3: V3 uses Freedom

5. Bleed 4: V3 uses Escape, GBT vokes

6. Bleed 5: GBT uses Freedom

7. Base Tank vokes

8. Reflect happens soon, stop attacking

For Green Bombs:

On phase 3/4:

Base Tank vokes Vorago and stays near the centre

DPSers stand together near the Base Tank

GBT stands somewhere off to the side

1. If anyone except the bomb tank sees a message in their chatbox that they got the Green Bomb, run next to the GBT
  2. After the 1k damage hit from the Green Bomb, run back to the crowd
  3. GBT tanks 10k damage hit

1. If the bomb tank sees a message in their chatbox that they got the Green Bomb, call it in chat
  2. GBT runs to the bomb tank and takes the Green Bomb
  3. GBT runs away and tanks 10k damage hit

For Bleeds on phase 5:

Note that Bleed targets are random. Vorago can even bleed players that are not in Melee distance

1. If you get hit with a bleed, use freedom
  2. If you get hit with a second bleed immediately after, run away until it disappears
  3. Surge back toward your original spot

Edited by -Leaf-

It's gonna be a tight squeeze getting myself out of bed at 5am but I'll try...no promises though.

And Vorago sounds daunting ):

I will be there. as long as I'm around sunday.

For rago: i have some experience, if you guys wanted to, i can be GBT, As i have tons of tanking experience, either at nex, kk (also voked).

I'll try to get in a few more kills, to know what im doing a bit better :)

Phase 5, stand like this

3QTvrsT.png

Blue = bomb tank

Red = base tank

Yellow = all the dpsers

Green = green bomb tank

Green bomb strategy on phase 5:

If a DPS gets the green bomb (call this person Deeps)

1. Deeps runs north to GBT and stays there
  2. *first explosion hits Deeps and GBT* Green bomb is now following GBT
  3. GBT runs to dpser pile
  4. *second explosion hits GBT and DPS pile* Green bomb is now following base tank
  5. GBT runs back north
  6. *third explosion hits Base tank* Green bomb is now following someone in dpser pile
  7. No one moves
  8. *fourth explosion hits DPS pile* Green bomb is now inert
  9. Deeps runs back south to DPS pile

This is illustrated in the following animation

M1rt3u9.gif

If Base tank gets the green bomb

1. Base runs north to GBT and stays there
  2. Some random dpser moves to where the Base used to be, call this person Deeps
  3. *first explosion hits Base and GBT* Green bomb is now following GBT
  4. GBT runs to dpser pile
  5. *second explosion hits GBT and DPS pile* Green bomb is now following Deeps
  6. GBT runs back north
  7. *third explosion hits Deeps* Green bomb is now following someone in dpser pile
  8. No one moves
  9. *fourth explosion hits DPS pile* Green bomb is now inert
  10. Base runs back south, Deeps back to DPS pile

If Bomb tank gets the green bomb

1. Some random dpser runs west to the Bomb tank, call this person Deeps
  2. *first explosion hits Bomb tank* Green bomb is now following Deeps
  3. DPS runs to GBT and stays there
  4. *second explosion hits Deeps and GBT* Green bomb is now following GBT
  5. GBT runs south to DPS pile
  6. *third explosion hits GBT and DPS pile* Green bomb is now following Base Tank
  7. GBT runs back north
  8. *fourth explosion hits Base tank* Green bomb is now inert
  9. Deeps runs back south

if GBT gets the green bomb first he just takes the 10k hit

Edited by -Leaf-

Thanks for putting the effort into that Leaaf, I hope it helps us out tomorrow.

GUYS. WE are in DESPERATE need of a bomb tank. We cannot kill Vorago without one. Smiley, if you're reading this and it's not too late, please sober up, get out of bed and be our bomb tank. In the likely event of you not reading this before it's too late, we need somebody willing to learn how and bomb tank for us ASAP. Cause from this the time of post we have 8 hours and 9 minutes to wrangle something up. So people, please, please offer. We need a bomb tank. Being a bomb tank is simple - one simply uses a shield for the entire kill, whilst standing the furthest back from Vorago - standing at least two squares away from all of the people who will be DPS'ing, and using shield abilities to negate damage done to them via the bombs that Vorago will hurl at them.

If you plan to Bomb tank it is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that you have the Devotion ability.

This video will highlight Bomb tanking, and it is recommended you watch:

even if you are not bomb tanking and are sometimes confused by what we're talking about when the bomb tank is referred to, watch this anyway

And this also explains all gear and reasons that is used, for example why the hell people take Sagaie to Vorago.

Edited by Army of One

Congratz army! 6fe744340e155c0a3511a1df7cc38e70.png

d53197d3143aee70854e59ad2a79aa47.pngThe message

27752885cb52aa32144f5454bb5a6f5d.pngcomp cape

Edited by xtDie

Congratulations.

The Vorago thing didn't go well. Two things went wrong Somebody was streaming it (?) and people tried to join the group (which was closed to anyone outside of this website). Also, some of you guys acted disrespectfully to the people trying to help you out and join the group. There was confusion and in the end they were trying to help you out. No need to be so rude about it. Also, I disliked the kick from clan chat threats considering that the clan chat is open to all people and is not a Vorago fc.

As for the actual kills I only got into one and lagged out during it :(. I wish I could have at least died. :P

Grats again Army, it was a lot of fun :D

There was confusion and in the end they were trying to help you out. No need to be so rude about it. Also, I disliked the kick from clan chat threats considering that the clan chat is open to all people and is not a Vorago fc.

I'm the most at fault for this and I'm sorry, it won't happen again; however, I was more annoyed by

1. That xtdie guy put the stream back up after we asked him to take it down the first time, and called us all retards and said he 'didn't care anymore'. I don't have a screenshot of this but somebody in CC (maybe Kes) was watching his stream and can confirm him trash talking us.

2. The outside Voragoers kept following us to 3 worlds after we made it clear it was a clan only event. You're right about the CC being open to all people Sobend, and we probably should have moved to a FC but at the time it was just frustrating getting crashed and Leaf having to spend 3m on instances.