Sal's RuneScape Forum
Shooter585

2016 USA Presidential Election

Anybody else find Tuesday's debate to be boring? Felt like we learned nothing new.

Anybody else find Tuesday's debate to be boring? Felt like we learned nothing new.

We learned that if a Republican is president (except Paul) and Russian's fly into a no-fly zone, all hell will break loose. =/

I don't come into a Republican debate expecting to learn anything new. Trump will be Trump, Carson will fall asleep, Bush will do just poorly enough to ensure his steady descent, etc.

Wolf Blitzer's beard is nice as always, though.

Yeah with the no fly zone thing they were either acting tough or don't understand diplomacy.

It's a shame that when it comes to debates soundbytes>reason.

I don't come into a Republican debate expecting to learn anything new.
I wish I had more hands to applaud your statement with

I feel as though Trump has the advantage that primaries are typically determined by the most impassioned of a party's base, whereas Rubio is... not exactly breathtaking, it seems to me. I still find that Rubio has high chances, though.

Rubio's the only one of the leading candidates that stands a chance in the General Elections. For the sake of the American democratic system, I hope he gets it. Trump will set a dangerous and twisted precedence for future primary elections if he gets the nomination.

Rubio will win the primary. The pieces are already in place.

I'm genuinely interested. Please elaborate.

Edited by Phoenix Rider

Rubio will win the primary. The pieces are already in place.

I'm genuinely interested. Please elaborate.

On top of already being the establishment favorite, he's polling strongly in general election polls against both Clinton and Sanders. He's considered likable and he's pretty charismatic when not reaching for a water bottle (had to throw that in there). The Republican Super PACs are already starting to build ad campaigns around a Rubio 2016 ticket. He's the son of literal immigrants from Cuba for christ's sake, I mean…really.

Basically, he's got the story, he's the anti-Hillary, he's passionate, and he represents, in part, the direction the donors want the Party to take. They're generally agreeing on backing him. He's played the long game, that was his goal all along, and he's played his part perfectly. He's timed every move perfectly. Now he just has to wait for it to happen as intended, which it will.

I won't be voting for him in the primary, but I know better than to think any of these clowns are going to beat Rubio. He doesn't have the national organization yet but I suspect that's more because he doesn't need to.

Well Bernie Sanders is making fairly good progress actually.

I don't fear a Trump campaign like some people here. I don't actually believe he thinks what he says; he'll do anything to get elected. Considering pre-2008 he was somewhere left of Hillary Clinton I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes a liberal republican.

Apparently some students have taken a photo of Trump (which really is not flattering) and added the headline of "Trump for President!!!!", hanging it up everywhere.

Dear US, please get your act together and get rid of that yokel once and for all. Thanks. <_<

Well Bernie Sanders is making fairly good progress actually.

I know we don't give a whole lot of weight to polls, but indeed, the disparity between the latest batch of polls and those before them has to say something about the Democratic nomination, I believe. The gap between Sanders and Clinton is shrinking in the national polls, Sanders' edge in New Hampshire is remaining strong, and half of the Iowa polls put him ahead, or at least within the margin of error. I ain't sayin' it's likely, but it sure seems like a calculable possibility. -.-

It won't happen. He's still down by 40 points in South Carolina, and even if he wasn't, he has a 25-30 point disadvantage from the word “go” just because he doesn't have superdelegates on his side.

The Democratic debate last night was disappointing. I felt like nothing happened. A few times O'Malley called out Clinton on her bs though, which was fun.

The Democratic debate last night was disappointing. I felt like nothing happened. A few times O'Malley called out Clinton on her bs though, which was fun.

Nothing happened, huh?

ODQ5ZDU4NTBiNSMvNEh2TTluSktyaWY2YzZTMF8wOVF0Rzc5eDZ3PS9maXQtaW4vOTAweDkwMC9maWx0ZXJzOm5vX3Vwc2NhbGUoKTpxdWFsaXR5KDgwKS9odHRwOi8vaW1hZ2VzLm1pYy5jb20vcnpna2ZidTcxZW9lZmllMXBjcTYxd3BmdDhqZTNjNDNycnFvbGx0ZjlpeHp2a3dubjVzdjV4N2x6M3JkZTd6cy5naWY=.gif

I was hoping for a Clinton meltdown and Sanders to mess her up but it didn't happen. Clinton is too good of a debater and if she's in a rut she brings up some patriotic statement.

Sarah Palin has endorsed Donald Trump. I believe that he's going to choose her as his VP, thus corroborating the theory that he's deliberately sabotaging the Republican party. -.-

On the list of reasons why McCain lost 2008, Sarah Palin is #1. I don't think Trump will make the same mistake.

I think someone else might come in either into the primaries or general election. In other words I think one candidate hasn't come in yet.

Wooo, go Martin O'Malley.

Lone attendee from O'Malley event makes up his mind

The only person who attended a late December campaign event for Martin O'Malley hampered by Iowa's harsh winter weather has decided to caucus for him.

But Hillary Clinton is his second choice and likely the candidate he will eventually end up supporting in the caucus, he admitted.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/01/martin-omalley-iowa-spectator-218200

My biggest takeaway from the election so far is how bad I'm missing Johnny Stew. Trev ain't got the swag yet. Ain't got the swag.

Edited by Adam?

It would be funny if all of the big investment banks changed their support from Clinton to Sanders to make Sanders look like the one cozying up the banks.