Sal's RuneScape Forum
Prinz

Coming Back to RS3?

How is it? What's new? I stopped around EOC, I get bonds - is it worth getting back to? Seems like RS3 is a huge RWT fest, now, with bonds being introduced.

RS3 isn't bad, I don't mind it. There are a lot of Overpowered methods though that devalue your time on the game and some of the promotionscape can be a bit annoying. Not everything on the game is 100% regarding RWT but generally speaking, its not bad for some relaxed gameplay.

RS3 is pretty good for endgame Pvm. The combat mechanics are more complex, top bosses require more than click and eat, etc. The RWT in form of bonds isn't too bad. Most people don't buy money with bonds, but it is possible. Old School also has bonds, so it's not a disadvantage one game has. However the TH cosmetics can get a bit annoying, although Jagex has promised to keep them more low key now.

Awesome, how is the state of the weaponry etc. going? I ask because when I played this game, the item I always wanted was a Divine. I asked on an RS Stream, though, and it seems like shields aren't really important anymore

omg hi it's you

Awesome, how is the state of the weaponry etc. going? I ask because when I played this game, the item I always wanted was a Divine. I asked on an RS Stream, though, and it seems like shields aren't really important anymore

Pretty much the only thing that matters in rs3 is that you have the highest level weapons possible.

Unlike pre eoc where weapons accounted for maybe 30-70% of your dps depending on style, now they are over 80% of your dps.

A very flawed system, but gotta live with it.

Therefore your first priority would be to acquire the best weapons you can (lv90 melee is about 40m, lv90 range/mage about 180m).

Shields are not objectively bad, but they are simply not useful for the current metagame save for some very specific situations. The highest level shields are only worth 3m each.

omg hi it's you

Pretty much the only thing that matters in rs3 is that you have the highest level weapons possible.

Unlike pre eoc where weapons accounted for maybe 30-70% of your dps depending on style, now they are over 80% of your dps.

A very flawed system, but gotta live with it.

Therefore your first priority would be to acquire the best weapons you can (lv90 melee is about 40m, lv90 range/mage about 180m).

Shields are not objectively bad, but they are simply not useful for the current metagame save for some very specific situations. The highest level shields are only worth 3m each.

yeah, been quite a while :)

Does Jagex buff/nerf things? Longsword vs. Rapier?

Longswords and rapiers are about the same damage but longswords are slash and rapiers are slash, making either more useful than the other in certain circumstances.

Edited by Sobend