Sal's RuneScape Forum
Gnostic Christian Bishop

The Bible. Myth or Reality?

12 hours ago, Sajoh said:

For me to say that perfection is nearly unobtainable is grounded in a sane, logical, perhaps even physical reality - one type of reality.

You are going by physical reality.

You should recognize and will know that we live in the best of all worlds, because it is the only possible world.

If you see it rightly, as the only possible world, given our history, entropy and the anthropic principle, then you should see reality as the best and thus perfect at any given point in time.

Those who wrote of building a more perfect country likely recognized their initial best/perfection.

Regards

DL

12 hours ago, Sajoh said:

Are dreams simply a construct of the brain?

All our thought are.

I do have a door open for a cosmic consciousness as I know that telepathy is real and that that may give us thoughts that are shared.

I have no proof other than a victim to my telepathy to know it is real. Do not ask for proof as there is none.

Regards

DL

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Gnostic Christian Bishop said:

We live in the best of all worlds, because it is the only possible world.

You don't know that for certain.

All our thought are.

There is a chance that dreams or other concepts like some telepathy may be able to possibly transcend the physical limitations of the brain. But it will always be tempered by the brain's physical limitations, at least as long as we are alive.

And surely, you, being a believer of both God and Christ, would regard all thought to transcend the brain, as does with prayer, correct?

I do have a door open for a cosmic consciousness as I know that telepathy is real and that that may give us thoughts that are shared. I have no proof other than a victim to my telepathy to know it is real. Do not ask for proof as there is none.

"Telepathy" is an oversimplification. As Severus Snape put it to Harry Potter when teaching him Occulmency; "the mind is not a book", and "time and distance matter, in magic". Not that I am saying magic is real, but if telepathy may exist to a degree then unlike dreams it will be tethered to limitations just like these. That is what the author was trying to say.

I have personally had experiences that lend to the idea that concepts and experiences are transferrable through decisions, thoughts and ideas. If a person were to have telepathy and use it threateningly, they would wish you to believe they have supreme power over it when this is simply not the case. I have found myself knowing certain thoughts of others long prior to them coming to the fore. Almost everyone has these abilities.

Remember also that should telepathy truly exist in some way, it's power for the beneficial side would probably outweigh the negative. Have you ever found yourself wishing, at a given point in time, that a person could directly read your thoughts?

Edited by Sajoh

16 hours ago, Sajoh said:

And surely, you, being a believer of both God and Christ, would regard all thought to transcend the brain, as does with prayer, correct?

Not really.

Where have I written that?

When was Jesus anointed to Christ? 

I have not read of such a thing.

Just because the dogma and bible call Jesus the Christ does not mean it is a biblical truth.

It is in fact a biblical lie, given that it never happened.

Regards

DL

Remember also that should telepathy truly exist in some way, it's power for the beneficial side would probably outweigh the negative. Have you ever found yourself wishing, at a given point in time, that a person could directly read your thoughts?

I do not recall ever thinking that.

The scientist who developed the God helmet posited that we would all loose our privacy and secrets if the technology was ever perfected.

Trust that I have thought about how murders and other crimes could be solved if I could reproduce my telepathy on demand, but I cannot.

If only -----

Regards

DL

On 7/18/2021 at 10:13 AM, Gnostic Christian Bishop said:

We live in the best of all worlds, because it is the only possible world.

You don't know that for certain.

Yes I do and my statement is irrefutable.

You deny an obvious and provable statement.

Find the error and show why you disagree.

Denials without arguments are for the mental midgets.

Let us grow.

Regards

DL

1 hour ago, Gnostic Christian Bishop said:

Denials without arguments are for the mental midgets.

The privilege to freely post in this community are for those willing to adhere to our community boundaries and guidelines.

Now, I can accept the double posts and quite a number of slight offences that are completely irrelevant today with our forum activity, but being respectful to others are still expected and mandatory. You can be as verbose as you want about it, but there is nothing excusable about labelling someone the way you did for simply disagreeing with you. I would normally just warn you like you experienced quite a bit during 2015, which would force me to also give you the month long suspension attached to hitting +6, but I will be lenient and give you one final chance.

Insult someone like that again, and I will slap on two warnings and give you a 10-month long suspension for hitting both +6 and +7 as you would normally receive. You have enough empirical evidence in your interactions with me to know that I am quite serious about this, so if you want to post here, remember what happened to you in 2015. :mellow:

32 minutes ago, Yuanrang said:

The privilege to freely post in this community are for those willing to adhere to our community boundaries and guidelines.

They have nothing to do with style, honesty and the ability to form arguments.

33 minutes ago, Yuanrang said:

You can be as verbose as you want about it, but there is nothing excusable about labelling someone the way you did for simply disagreeing with you.

It was how he disagreed, without showing why. Like a mental midget.

36 minutes ago, Yuanrang said:

Now, I can accept the double posts and quite a number of slight offences that are completely irrelevant today with our forum activity, but being respectful to others are still expected and mandatory. You can be as verbose as you want about it, but there is nothing excusable about labelling someone the way you did for simply disagreeing with you. I would normally just warn you like you experienced quite a bit during 2015, which would force me to also give you the month long suspension attached to hitting +6, but I will be lenient and give you one final chance.

Insult someone like that again, and I will slap on two warnings and give you a 10-month long suspension for hitting both +6 and +7 as you would normally receive. You have enough empirical evidence in your interactions with me to know that I am quite serious about this, so if you want to post here, remember what happened to you in 2015. :mellow:

Too long ago for me to worry about. If truth as I see it cannot be expressed here, here is not for me.

Regards

DL

2 hours ago, Gnostic Christian Bishop said:

For my next magic trick, I shall make thee go away for 10 months. Unlike your outlandish claims of telepathy, I will now provide everyone with proof that your suspension is all too real by not seeing you until mid-May in 2022 at earliest. :wizard:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/20/2021 at 5:33 AM, Gnostic Christian Bishop said:

It's saddening to see you go.

Edited by Sajoh

You are not at fault at all. This place exists to discuss things from multiple points of view, and that is dependant on people disagreeing with each other. What you are unaware of is the simple fact that Gnostic Christian Bishop made a career in this particular thread, by simply insulting and belittling others that disagreed with him. He has said far worse things than that in the past, and they were given an extreme number of warnings on this subject. An example that would be fitting is when someone goes "This is your last chance..!" and said warning is repeated again, and again, and again, simply because the Staff wanted to be lenient. He managed to reach a point where we could not be lenient anymore, because so many members felt insulted or alienated by these actions.

What just happened is reserved only for those that has broken the rules so many times, they are about to be banned. Instead of just permanently banning members, we originally created a system that enforced time-out suspensions so people could see the consequence of being banned, in the hope they would avoid making the same mistakes. I gave him a second chance with a clear explanation of the consequences, he blatantly disregarded it, and now he has to atone for that.

The iron rule is to respect others, and whether you agree with the rule or not, it is not one that is up for discussion. This is, after all, not a democracy, even if that sounds way more authoritarian than what this community truly is.

Posted (edited)

It was to my concern that perhaps the creator of this thread is from a scenario where his religion was instilled in him through some kind of enforcement, a reality that has always troubled me. Richard Dawkins has written about this in The God Delusion, a book that much like the Bible can also be destructive when used incorrectly, something I am guilty of doing in the past, but not now.

What we discussed seems to exemplify a problem of religious/spiritual/emotional crisis; those seeking assistance are always at the lowest ebb to talk directly. We communicated at length through private messaging as well as this thread, but the outcome was seemingly the same; it is impossible also to know, via the internet, the amount of interpersonal honesty being both given and received.

Edited by Sajoh

A community will always have people from all walks of life, each with their own experiences, values and baggage. At the end of the day, a community should be a place of sharing of ideas, values, thoughts and stories. It is perhaps best to remember the limitations of online communications, and accept that some people cannot be swayed. I do not know the background of that person, but judging by their interactions, it is either a person trolling for attention, reaction or controversy, or someone so fundamentally warped in mindset, views and behaviour, that they are not particularily safe for others within the community.

Gnostic Christian Bishop could never prove that he was less important to that of the community, and as a result.. well.. he only has one chance left, ever again. He is not going to change now, if he did not change as of the past 6 years. :cute: 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/20/2021 at 10:08 PM, Yuanrang said:

A community will always have people from all walks of life, each with their own experiences, values and baggage. At the end of the day, a community should be a place of sharing of ideas, values, thoughts and stories. It is perhaps best to remember the limitations of online communications, and accept that some people cannot be swayed. I do not know the background of that person, but judging by their interactions, it is either a person trolling for attention, reaction or controversy, or someone so fundamentally warped in mindset, views and behaviour, that they are not particularily safe for others within the community.

Gnostic Christian Bishop could never prove that he was less important to that of the community, and as a result.. well.. he only has one chance left, ever again. He is not going to change now, if he did not change as of the past 6 years. :cute: 

Why can't they be swayed? Can you? I have things to offer, but other people like the creator of this thread spread one insidious lie that is difficult, incredibly difficult to describe.

I think I am going to say this here. Human beings do not start off beautiful. And to look to a "baby jesus" as a "lord god?!" Vomit.

I remember as a child being being read a biblical story and finding it really weird and confusing. The way it was read to me as well, was very, very strange and not wholesome by any means. At the time I hated it. Other experiences have made it worse. Who knows what things I may truly admit if things got really dire. I may have said to the baby jesus or even other semi-fictional child friend in a dream recently, I am sorry I killed you? This also comes back to the competitiveness of reproduction and other very sensitive topics, like forcing a part of your genetics on somebody else. But I do care about the masks and am fallible, just like anyone. I want to conquer my own belief system with the help of others. But people refuse to apply logic to it? Everybody walks around pretending that they know. Why not have fun with the spiritual when you grow up?

I will point out, regardless of who this person is and what their intentions are, judging by their actions they are going through a spiritual crisis. Magic (broad term here) of a kind exists in the universe.

All practical communication known to humans has limitations to my knowledge. However there may be secrets to more intangible methods that I do not know about. Toxic states of mind, toxic individuals, ailments and accidents prevent me from discerning truths about spirituality, or at least from discussing it with creativity. To my mind really, the Bible is just a poxy book that has little to no relevance today. This shouldn't be confused with direct factual human history contained partway within the bible, however. That is where everything gets mixed up. True spirituality = beautiful fantasy.  And somewhere it is real, as a true expression of real material energy. This works to an evolutionary model. Richard Dawkins doesn't comprehend how some modern fiction really does contain metaphor, nuance and clues as to the emotive and beautiful nature of the universe(s). Alien life may have conquered the limitations of the physical.

The more creative video games of fantasy give us good clues, they describe perceivable emotive enigmas, mysteries and such, and if something can exist in our imagination or creative media, then yes, it exists in some form. But we must be careful with fantasy, because there is danger. I know essentially to a certainty that better appropriate fantasy has a greater chance of existence or meaning.

"Faith" healing for humans exists in nurturing the self and others with beautiful thoughts and loyalty right now in the present day and future.

But I understand that with my life experiences and intrinsic self nature, there are plenty of practical realities that I am totally blind to. Nobody ever tells me. But I may just be insane, or a total fool, or too good for other human beings, or permanently damaged from childhood experiences?

By the way, I guess it was a reasonably obvious possibility to me from the beginning what the creator of this thread was trying to behave like, and what sensitive topics they were pointing at. The word "bishop" was a strong giveaway. I wanted to know why. What sort of thoughts do they have in their spare time?

Edited by Sajoh