Sal's RuneScape Forum

Resizeable mode came out today, here's what it looks like (big picture)

1w35A5z.png

What do you guys think of it? In my opinion there needs to be some sort of zoom feature because it looks too up-close to me. Sticking with fixed for now, but maybe I will give it a shot later.

Edited by Shooter585

Resizeable 2007 RS looks weird.

Is there AA?

Edited by Sobend

No AA yet.

Yea, it's too much zoomed in at the moment. Might start using it after they add zoom feature, but I'm actually hoping for a 2005 interface. I think I've read somewhere, that it's planned after resizable update sometime.

The fact the game is playable in fixed mode is one of the things that interests me the most in OSRS. Fixed mode in RS3 is just weird, especially if you use EoC mode.

I don't think I'll be using resizeable mode.

Might start using it after they add zoom feature, but I'm actually hoping for a 2005 interface.

Yeah the original Runescape 2 interface would be great, I would definitely consider using that. That has been in the works for at least a year. Would look really weird in resizeable though because it was long gone by the time the HD update came.

I wonder with this if OSRS is taking a rather unfortunate turn towards progression in that it will soon be just short of RS3 and thus, no longer OSRS?

The resizeable mode is great, sure it needs some tweaking but I find it a good addition to the game. However, it makes me wonder if the community (which is directly responsible for updates, no?) will continue to upgrade OSRS until it has become essentially RS3 without the graphic updates. Now, if that's what is desired than do not let me be a hindrance, but stating my personal opinion, I play OSRS for the old school of it (duh). I like the poor graphics, the simple actions that my character makes, the trading with other players (though g.e. is fine by me too), the experience I had when I first started playing in 2007 (lucky me).

Is it just me or does anyone else feel the updates are taking away from the "old school" of it all?

Is it just me or does anyone else feel the updates are taking away from the "old school" of it all?

Nah I definitely agree with you. I supported the GE because I knew it'd attract a lot of players like myself who are too used to it and dislike having to hop around to buy items, but that's pretty much the only update I felt was necessary. And the GE came out in 2007 anyway, OSRS is based in a 07 version one or two months before its release.

I hope they don't update it to the point it becomes an alternate RS3 version with poorer graphics, but I'm afraid that's likely what is going to happen. They'll attempt to milk it as much as possible, and a considerable chunk of the players will only stay interested with regular updates.

Edited by Micael Fatia

Resizeable is toggleable and not even gameplay related.

I agree that they are going down a similar road and making a few (but not all) of the same mistakes (omg guyz lets make pvm better for obtaining resources than skilling!!).

amDkXvO.png

IF that doesn't affect the gameplay then....

I do feel somewhat the same about resizeable. It takes away from the oldschool feel AS A WHOLE even though you can toggle it off, it doesn't help if you see Jimbob over there playing with playing in a resizeable or pretty soon whatever QOL they put in.

I mean, compared to release, this is a very different game.

I'm more fine with original ideas such as Motherload Mine, Rooftops, even Zulrah (if it were more balanced) but when they continuously poll to bring in recycled content we've already seen it gets rather annoying.

Resizeable is another small update, that is toggleable and doesn't affect the Old School feel by itself...but looking at the big picture culmination of that update as well as many other updates, it certainly detracts away from this being 'Old School' which is one of the main reasons I play 07scape...I want it to be like '07.

I'd rather see updates that if you look at them for what they are you can say. "oh ya, I could totally see them releasing this back in 2007 as added content" as oppose to something we know has already come out a year or multiple years down the line.

I'm not too upset about resizeable, but it's just a small straw in a large bale, and the large bale is essentially what is potentially harmful to the game.

I think resizeable mode is actually a good addition, maybe not all that Old School but maybe needed. In 2007 I used one of those old moniters from the early 90s, now people have these big flat screen things and it doesn't make sense to have the game confined to a little window.

But off-topic, yeah I do think some mistakes from rs3 are being repeated in 07. Think wyverns and Zulrah. Also please, please nerf the blowpipe in pvm, it needs to be nerfed to how it is in PvP (which is how everybody thought it would be originally anyway lol).

amDkXvO.png

IF that doesn't affect the gameplay then....

I meant game content. I didn't word that well I agree.

I guess I'm against the grain here, but I really like resizeable mode.. I like being able to see more of my screen when I play - it's more aesthetic than anything. Saying that you think this ruins nostalgia is a bit silly because a perk of OSRS should never have been the ability to play on a smaller screen.

Zoom feature was just released to accompany resizable mode. Looks pretty ok zoomed all the way out, but I'll probably just use classic windowed mode. I guess I'm just too used to that now.