Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sal's Realm

Behind the Scenes – June 2015

The quest seems promising and I can see the Dragons keeping PvMers busy all month. With the Tuska event phase updates it should be a good month.

Yay a new quest, looking forward to it. The slayer belt and new dragons also look very nice.

I don't like how V is a god. And I figured he was the storyteller from Dungeoneering, bit disappointed he's just another god they'll make into a power hungry idiot.

BUT RUNE DRAGONS YAY

Also dislike how V is a God just by finding the stone of jas, pretty stupid. He should just be another adventurer but made immortal, not everybody needs to be a god. Or maybe a somewhat average guy turned powerful and stuck in a war he doesn't want to be a part in. I touched the stone of Jas too, am I a god?

Ok actually I haven't done that quest yet, my character is stuck in 2003. But you get the point.

i wonder if rune dragons will count as slayer monsters or demibosses instead (like glacor / tds / nihil)

Everyone dont forget to make your dragonbane stuff for new Metal Drags. that mine is gonna be packed on their release day.

i wonder if rune dragons will count as slayer monsters or demibosses instead (like glacor / tds / nihil)

Probably demibosses, at the very least Airut level for sure. Mithrils aren't mega hard but can still be challenging for lower combat players, Adamants will be a considerable improvement so it only makes sense for Rune dragons to be that tough.

I wonder if it will req completion of RoTM, you need to be able to enter Kethsi at the very least. I can't remember if dragonbane requires completion of the quest or only access to Kethsi too.

I like more gods tbh, it's kinda depressing how currently there's only 3 active gods in the game. Marimbo and Brassica Prime are joke gods with very little importance; Itchlarin is a more of a demigod than an actual god; Tuska won't be here for long; Zaros is the super mysterious cool kid who thinks too high of himself and he's boring as heck; Seren is still shattered in crystal pieces, doubt she'll recover seeing as it'd require gathering all of her crystal pieces (which would likely mean the destruction of Prifddinas)... and that's about it. You have Armadyl, Saradomin, Zamorak and maybe Zaros in a good day actively participating in the affairs of Gielinor. Will be nice to have another god around, especially a Viking one.

Maybe it'll make the godless lose some supporters, I'm still pretty shocked so many people support a group that defends the genocide of a race.

V can't be that much of a dick god if his purpose is to defeat the Dragonkin. At the very least it should make people sympathise with him. I like how Jagex has been releassing quests lately that make people like the gods more, TWW made everyone hate them because of poor Guthix's sad story as if the gods are the only beings with potential for destruction and hellbent into gaining power.

If we look at it from a logical perspective the gods have been around for longer than all the other races, as they are the product of the primeval powers that created everything that exists (according to RS lore). Nobody has the right to kick them out and treat them as some sort of cancer.

Who gets to decide the mortal races are more worthy of living in Gielinor than the gods? They've proved to be just as destructive than the gods themselves are, they've just recently returned and RuneScape was a mess already before their return. One can argue RuneScape was better when they were around, with Zaros, Seren's and the Desert Pantheon's empires thriving and being relatively peaceful before the start of the wars. And even so the blame can't be put entirely on the gods because the odds are they would end up getting into conflict regardless of their (the gods) existence

Edit: Rune Dragons will require completion of RoTM and Fate of The Gods. Can't believe I didn't see it, was right there in front of my eyes. :P

Edited by Micael Fatia

I like more gods tbh, it's kinda depressing how currently there's only 3 active gods in the game. Marimbo and Brassica Prime are joke gods with very little importance; Itchlarin is a more of a demigod than an actual god; Tuska won't be here for long; Zaros is the super mysterious cool kid who thinks too high of himself and he's boring as heck; Seren is still shattered in crystal pieces, doubt she'll recover seeing as it'd require gathering all of her crystal pieces (which would likely mean the destruction of Prifddinas)... and that's about it. You have Armadyl, Saradomin, Zamorak and maybe Zaros in a good day actively participating in the affairs of Gielinor. Will be nice to have another god around, especially a Viking one.

Maybe it'll make the godless lose some supporters, I'm still pretty shocked so many people support a group that defends the genocide of a race.

V can't be that much of a dick god if his purpose is to defeat the Dragonkin. At the very least it should make people sympathise with him. I like how Jagex has been releassing quests lately that make people like the gods more, TWW made everyone hate them because of poor Guthix's sad story as if the gods are the only beings with potential for destruction and hellbent into gaining power.

If we look at it from a logical perspective the gods have been around for longer than all the other races, as they are the product of the primeval powers that created everything that exists (according to RS lore). Nobody has the right to kick them out and treat them as some sort of cancer.

Who gets to decide the mortal races are more worthy of living in Gielinor than the gods? They've proved to be just as destructive than the gods themselves are, they've just recently returned and RuneScape was a mess already before their return. One can argue RuneScape was better when they were around, with Zaros, Seren's and the Desert Pantheon's empires thriving and being relatively peaceful before the start of the wars. And even so the blame can't be put entirely on the gods because the odds are they would end up getting into conflict regardless of their (the gods) existence

Generally I agree but this can be solved in other ways.

1 - Karamja God(s). There is one but nobody knows what it is.

2 - Desert. Increase the power of the Desert demigods (Icthlarin and Amascut). Tumeken will eventually be brought back from the dead when the Desert series finishes

3 - Fremennik pantheon - There were so many cooler ways to go with this. Get a Fenrir-esque god, the bear person, maybe a Thor, etc.

The problem with the Godless (and why they are winning the world event) is that people are mainly joining them because they don't care about story and see it as a non-religious sect when it really isn't.

2 - Desert. Increase the power of the Desert demigods (Icthlarin and Amascut). Tumeken will eventually be brought back from the dead when the Desert series finishes

3 - Fremennik pantheon - There were so many cooler ways to go with this. Get a Fenrir-esque god, the bear person, maybe a Thor, etc.

The problem with the Godless (and why they are winning the world event) is that people are mainly joining them because they don't care about story and see it as a non-religious sect when it really isn't.

I'm not sure Tumeken will ever return, didn't he kill himself to unleash his god power in an attempt to destroy the Zarosian army? I'm not sure how one can recover from that. :P

I can't remember what happened to Elidinis but I believe she died out of grief or similar? I guess she can return if it's just a rumour, but if it were the case I'm sure Itchlarin would know and she would have been granted an (albeit empty) seat at Sliske's god meeting.

Itchlarin and Amascut are demigods. You could see how Itchlarin was mocked by the other gods during Missing, Presumed Death, even having his right to be there questioned by most of them. There's a bunch of desert demigods though, and I suppose they could obtain godhood by killing another demigod. Not the same as killing a god but may be enough taking into account their own demigod status. Some sort of demigod power + demigod power = full god.

Well the V quest may be just the beginning of the Fremmenik Pantheon questline, and he does somewhat resemble Odin so at least he's true to the Scandinavian ways. :P

I wish the desert storyline received more attention in all of this, it seems to me like it was abandoned in 2010 or something.

I'm not sure Tumeken will ever return, didn't he kill himself to unleash his god power in an attempt to destroy the Zarosian army? I'm not sure how one can recover from that. :P

I can't remember what happened to Elidinis but I believe she died out of grief or similar? I guess she can return if it's just a rumour, but if it were the case I'm sure Itchlarin would know and she would have been granted an (albeit empty) seat at Sliske's god meeting.

Itchlarin and Amascut are demigods. You could see how Itchlarin was mocked by the other gods during Missing, Presumed Death, even having his right to be there questioned by most of them. There's a bunch of desert demigods though, and I suppose they could obtain godhood by killing another demigod. Not the same as killing a god but may be enough taking into account their own demigod status. Some sort of demigod power + demigod power = full god.

Well the V quest may be just the beginning of the Fremmenik Pantheon questline, and he does somewhat resemble Odin so at least he's true to the Scandinavian ways. :P

I always saw V as some random dude who stumbled upon a powerful artifact and incidentally became very powerful. Gods mainly intentionally ascend or at least do something that makes them ascend. V's not that guy.

I suppose I wouldn't care if he was technically a god, but I don't want him to have his own followers and symbol. More like a "hey I'm here but I'm some random guy from brooklyn" thing.

He has his own symbol and followers according to the video, you can see an updated Rellekka with a lot of banners with a V in them.