Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Chaoss

Jurassic Park - Record world opening weekend numbers, $511 million

http://www.bbc.com/n...siness-33129583

The fourth instalment in the Jurassic Park series has become the first film to take more than $500m at the box office on its opening weekend.

Jurassic World was the most popular screening in all 66 countries where it was released.

The film made $204.6m (£131.4m) in the US, according to the firm Exhibitor Relations.

It took $100m in China and $29.6m (£19m) in the UK and Ireland as part of the record global total of $511.8m.

The Universal Pictures release had the second-highest grossing opening weekend in the US.

The record is held by Marvel's The Avengers, which took $207.4m in 2012.

Has anyone here had a chance to see this yet? Damn if that isn't an impressive opening weekend, and the second best opening weekend isolating just America. I'm hoping to see this next weekend :D

Those numbers aren't, like, super astounding when you take into account inflation and population increase -.-.[/imfunatparties]

But I'm still looking forward to some hot Christ Patt action.

And I still haven't seen it because of exams. Soooooo keen though, I loved dinosaurs as a kid.

Heard good things about it so I may go see it later this week.

They went and used the old Jurassic Park theme in this movie - that was good enough for me. :D

But seriously go watch it, it's not half-bad.

gee that is like over 511m more than the fifa movie that came out a week ago

edit: this movie http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2814362/

On the film's premier in North America on June 5th 2015, from ten theatres in New York, Pheonix, Los Angeles, Washington DC, Kansas City, Miami, Minneapolis, Dallas, Houston and Philadelphia, it grossed just $319
Edited by Egghebrecht

I was going to watch it Saturday but when I went to buy the tickets I was told they were all sold out (for all sessions that day), so ended up watching it only yesterday (and in 3D).

Well as a massive Jurassic Park fan the movie could have been horrible that I'm sure I would still have loved it, I grew up watching the movies, playing with Dinosaur toys and being a little obsessed with them like pretty much everyone in my group of friends. Was a movie I just had to watch.

Well I can say it didn't disappoint, I absolutely loved it and I think I can safely say most people will enjoy it.

It's great for many reasons:

[1]- Bryce Dallas Howard is hot

[2]- Chris Pratt is awesome

[3]- Bryce Dallas Howard is hot

[4]- Plenty of Dinosaurs to see, and its cool how they adapted it to the current times (as in everything is more modern since its meant to be a little futuristic, it's nice to see the contrast between the first movie and this one).

[5]- Bryce Dallas Howard is hot

[6]- Chris Pratt has a Raptor gang, how fking cool is that?

[7]- Did I mention Bryce Dallas Howard is hot?

[8]- Plenty of deaths and you get to see more Dino fights, including a T-Rex + Raptor duo wrecking the main Dino villain

[9]- Seriously Bryce Dallas Howard is hot, I think I'm in love :love:

[10]- Old Jurassic Park gets mentioned plenty of times, you get to see the ruins of the old Visitor Center in the middle of the jungle. You also get to see Dr. Henry Wu, who plays the role of a villain (sort of) in this movie. (the guy from the first movie who shows them how Dinosaurs are made)

[11]- Bryce Dallas Howard

The only thing I sorta disliked is the main Dino baddie. The previous movies you don't really hate any of the Dinosaurs because you're all like "yeah they're wild animals, of course they'll kill people for food and to protect their territory". In this movie though the "Dinosaur" hybrid they create kills for the lols and effectively plays a role of the villain. I guess it sort of bothered me because it didn't felt natural per say, as in the Dino made plans and was scheming to eliminate everything that moved rather than being just a Dino being a Dino.

After seeing the trailer I thought it was going to be a bomb but apparently I was wrong.

After seeing the trailer I thought it was going to be a bomb but apparently I was wrong.

Heathen, I hope you get eaten by an Allosaurus. -.-

When I mean bomb I mean Box office bomb, AKA do poorly in terms of sales. This is opposed to "The Bomb" which I didn't mean to say.

Get ur bombs right.

They went and used the old Jurassic Park theme in this movie - that was good enough for me. :D

But seriously go watch it, it's not half-bad.

I heard that in the trailer! Super excited, it's one of my favorite movie soundtracks of all time!

gee that is like over 511m more than the fifa movie that came out a week ago

edit: this movie http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2814362/

On the film's premier in North America on June 5th 2015, from ten theatres in New York, Pheonix, Los Angeles, Washington DC, Kansas City, Miami, Minneapolis, Dallas, Houston and Philadelphia, it grossed just $319

That's hilarious. Ironically, the lead role in the movie you linked was associated with the original Jurassic Park!

so i work at the cinemas and holy shizzle fudge you jurassic world it's so bloody busy I've been finishing like 1 - 2 hours later than I'm supposed to

it feels like its school holiday period but its not. it's just jurassic world.

god dayum

It was a pretty good film. It wasn't as good as the original but definitely worth the ticket price. Fun, witty and filled to the brim with seat-gripping suspense. Chris Pratt had a lot of charisma, was great in the action scenes, had a good style of humour and was just really likeable. He's proven himself to be a talent to watch out for. A fantastic actor for the adventure hero role.

There are glaring flaws in the screenplay and characters. I felt that the plot could have been cleaned up and the whole military industrial complex thing was an overused cliché. All this doesn't take away from the experience though. It was a good film.

It was a pretty good film. It wasn't as good as the original but definitely worth the ticket price. Fun, witty and filled to the brim with seat-gripping suspense. Chris Pratt had a lot of charisma, was great in the action scenes, had a good style of humour and was just really likeable. He's proven himself to be a talent to watch out for. A fantastic actor for the adventure hero role.

There are glaring flaws in the screenplay and characters. I felt that the plot could have been cleaned up and the whole military industrial complex thing was an overused cliché. All this doesn't take away from the experience though. It was a good film.

I loved Pratt in P&R, and Guardians of the Galaxy, and I'm glad he's playing these roles so nicely. Initially I just figured he was a funny sort of guy, and would not be serious enough for a movie like this - but that's changed now.

Now I just have to convince the girlfriend to go see JP instead of Inside Out. Oh who am I kidding I wanna see that too.

So I went and saw it. I enjoyed it a lot, but there are serious issues with the writing. Still, Jurassic Park again. Worth it.

Eh, pretty cool but didn't meet my expectations. Like as much as I love seeing dinosaurs come to life and whatever, I didn't have the 'Wow that's so cool!!' reaction I thought I would.

The only slight sense of cool I had was when the dinosaur was camouflaged, which only happened once. I kind of wanted deaths to be more gruesome/spectacular than they were.

Maybe what it was missing was a thrill factor? Like it wasn't nearly as 'scary' as I remember the first one being. Maybe not enough nights of pouring rain.

And I still haven't seen it because of exams. Soooooo keen though, I loved dinosaurs as a kid.

Really must've bummed you when they went extinct huh

Really must've bummed you when they went extinct huh

I was super, super upset. You know how it is.