Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shebi3

Malevolent VS Torva

Question

So,

I have always been rather poor in the RS. But recently with my fishing endeavors and my herb runs I have been able to accumulate some good cash. I have been wanting a Torva set for a quite a while now but am beginning to question its value and use. I read an article of a test that someone ran and it appeared that Malevolent came out at least 3m positive in comparison to Torva as far as profit efficiency went. I enjoy melee a lot and tend to prefer it over mage and ranged.

Now i know, 90>85. I still have to get to 90 Defence before I can use Malevolent anyway.

I guess my question is this:

I'm sure this has already been answered but, is it going to be worth it to waste 72m on Torva, or should I wait until 90 defence to just buy Malevolent and also get some Drygores?

I would be using the Malevolent for bossing and probably a set of Bandos for other melee matters. Unless I take the time to get Superior Tetsu. This is a question for the future because I still need to get my Herblore, Prayer, and Summoning levels up quite a ways as well.

If I need to clear anything up just let me know.. Thanks all. :)

6 answers to this question

It's hard to determine how much you're really working with here; but I'd suggest getting Torva, or saving up for Torva. Malevolent turns to dust whereas Torva is repairable. It also is well rounded and would negate the need for you to use Bandos which really isn't very efficient, even for mid-level slayer tasks in my opinion. Overall the Torva will be lest costly as you'll need to purchase a whole new set of Malevolent quite often to keep up with how fast it'll be degrading. If you plan on strictly bossing, then I'd consider a set of Malevolent, but just keep in mind that it's gonna turn to dust so you better be able to make over 17m in the amount of time you spend bossing with it to make it financially viable. ;)

Just for the record in case it isn't entirely clear for you yet: Malevolent is far better stats-wise than Torva. They're both power armour sets but Malevolent is of a tier 10 levels higher.

In terms of defensive bonuses Malevolent is as good as superior Tetsu (minus the lp boost) and has better offensive bonuses than Torva. Isn't too expensive nowadays with 15-20Mish a set being easily affordable, the only downside being that it degrades to dust (unless you dye it, but it's not worth it).

So it will entirely depend on what you're looking for. Torva is more expensive but will be cheaper in the long run if you plan to use it for a long time, but isn't as good. Malevolent has the better stats available (best power armour in the game) but will be more expensive to maintain.

If looks matter to you I personally find Malevolent a lot cooler looking. :P

Edited by Micael Fatia

It's hard to determine how much you're really working with here

I've got about 116m so not enough to buy Torva and Drygores. I already have an offhand cls but not the mainhand I stopped DGing so much so ther's that alternative.

Malevolent turns to dust whereas Torva is repairable.

All in all i dislike the degrading thing altogether but that's not avoidable haha.

So it will entirely depend on what you're looking for

Well I definitely plan on bossing in the future. That being said, my stats aren't quite boss ready. So, as far as combat goes, mostly I will probably be doing tasks and once I get to 90 combat bosses like Bandos and the like. So a set that's good for bossing but also good for slayer tasks and other casual mob killing.

Well then personally if I were in your position I'd buy Malevolent + Drygores for the bossing and train Slayer with something like Bandos or Warpriest. Slaying with degradable armours is a little overkill in my opinion.

But then again I'm far from being an efficient player, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

Edited by Micael Fatia

Malevolent is so much cheaper now than it used to be, you should buy a set for PvM and use GWD armour or warpriest like Mic said for your everyday PvE stuff. The only Nex items I find worth are the boots for pairing with superior elite void when you get that; otherwise just use GWD armour+barrows gloves and corresponding boots or silverhawk's.

Slaying with degradable armours is a little overkill in my opinion.

I very much agree with this. Thanks Mic.

you should buy a set for PvM and use GWD armour or warpriest like Mic said

I think i'll do this.

Thanks guys this helped a lot.