Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sal's Realm

Elite Monster Spawns

at first I thought that this would be a way to fix slayer and make it a worthy source of income again but nope

The elites listed above will also give three rolls' worth of loot from their drop tables – including three chances for summoning charms.

it's just like 3 normal kills worth of loot...

which sucks since the general slayer creature tend to hardly drop anything worth picking up unless you can insta bank

Edited by Egghebrecht

at first I thought that this would be a way to fix slayer and make it a worthy source of income again but nope

The elites listed above will also give three rolls' worth of loot from their drop tables – including three chances for summoning charms.

which sucks since the general slayer creature tend to hardly drop anything worth picking up unless you can insta bank

Nah slayer is a good way to make money these days. Lots of drop tables have been revamped and most of the new slayer monsters are at least 1m/hr, usually more.

Although I agree and I don't think this update will add much to slayer.

Nah slayer is a good way to make money these days. Lots of drop tables have been revamped and most of the new slayer monsters are at least 1m/hr, usually more.

Although I agree and I don't think this update will add much to slayer.

guess we have a different view on what a worthy source of income is :P

but I see that the high end weaponry dropped drastically in price which re balances things a bit

1m an hour is still on the low side for me especially since that is without the costs for potions and weapons/armour upkeep included

Slayer is far from fast money making but you'll still make a decent bit by training it. As for gear repairs it's almost negligible. Tier 90 weapons only need to be repaired maybe every 15-20 tasks and by that time you'll have made plenty of money. Degradable armor generally does not need to be used for slayer and when it does the large profit you'll get will offset that cost. And I mean at least 1m/hr. Plenty of tasks are more. For example I believe Rune Dragons are at least 4m/hr on task.

Slayer is a profitable endeavor and probably worth training when compared to most skills.

The guaranteed spawn due to assignment is pretty interesting. I wonder how much stronger they will be, and if it will be worth it to change targets to them. I'd imagine an easy to kill waterfiend elite would be a great way to harvest Blue charms.

Yet to encounter one, but I enjoy the idea of grabbing 220% the slayer XP and triple loot. Even though certain drops are immensely devalued (looking at you, Aquanites), the sheer hilarity of potentially getting three ranger's necklaces is amazing.

Back to Gargoyles with me.

Elite cows op

also I am 90% sure they nerfed dreadnips

Really disappointed with all the missed potential on this update. Was pretty hyped when I was voting for the mobs getting the elite version...

Really disappointed with all the missed potential on this update. Was pretty hyped when I was voting for the mobs getting the elite version...

Just out of sheer curiosity, what would you have liked to see?

Similar to osrs more like a minature boss, harder than the 'boss' slayer monsters in osrs though.